We need to stop this knee-jerk reaction to Merit Points

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: We need to stop this knee-jerk reaction to Merit Points

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:33 pm

RetralMega wrote:BMG wont sue them because they're bigger than those degenerates are.

Yeah I'd actually be kinda pissed if they did that rather than focusing on the game. Just saying that they'd have a case if they did.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby Stinko » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:54 pm

You're both lying about the videos but don't take my word for it. Anyone who wants to can go look. If you disagree cite some lies they told and show me. They can't sue because they would just be encouraging other people to take blank media to court too over the kickstarter goals.
Stinko
Executioner
Executioner

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:59 pm

What Kickstarter goals could they be taken to court for? Please, enlighten me.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Stinko » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:07 pm

The ones they aren't fulfilling of course. Including the PSN port they said they were going to put aside and not do. People paid them to do these things and they won't so people are more than free to get their money back.
Stinko
Executioner
Executioner

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Actually, as far as I know every single promise save PSN is being worked on or implemented.

As for PSN, that will likely take a while. I personally hope they don't make it, as I cannot see it doing or ending well for anybody.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Stinko » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 pm

Okay then you agree it's not being fulfilled. So people could try for their funding back since stuff hasn't been fulfilled like I said and it would be a bad idea for blank media to start going to court when anyone out there could have a case against them.
Stinko
Executioner
Executioner

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:11 am

orangeandblack5 wrote:The game isn't F2P anymore, it's P2P.

The Irony is that the game being P2P would fix quite a few issues

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:13 am

The problem is that this thread won't stop complaints because most of the people complaining don't know how business works

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby RetralMega » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:15 am

JammySplodge wrote:The problem is that this thread won't stop complaints because most of the people complaining don't know how business works

Or how a forum works.
They're children.
They just want to bitch and moan and assume it'll be changed because everything else in life has been handed to them, so why not this?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:18 am

RetralMega wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:The problem is that this thread won't stop complaints because most of the people complaining don't know how business works

Or how a forum works.
They're children.
They just want to bitch and moan and assume it'll be changed because everything else in life has been handed to them, so why not this?

I agree
the community would be much better if they didn't act like self-entitled brats but that's not going to change any time soon

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby SiakAttack » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:48 am

Just had a look at Tormentals video and wow does he show bias, not only does he only show half the facts, nitpicks Achilles' posts to suit him and try to press an opinion on his viewers with this...

He also gives a mini rant about being banned for "disagreeing with BMG" not seen any proof of this so far, my guess is he did something and doesn't want to admit it to his viewers
My name is usually Susej in game
All are links to forum pages shortened
Don't give into metagaming- https://goo.gl/eqlZ2L
Always claim role on stand- https://goo.gl/AyMAHJ
/Support the spy change reasons here https://goo.gl/JTBDOb

Big image -> Spoiler: Image

SiakAttack
Spy
Spy

Postby RetralMega » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:52 am

SiakAttack wrote:Just had a look at Tormentals video and wow does he show bias, not only does he only show half the facts, nitpicks Achilles' posts to suit him and try to press an opinion on his viewers with this...

He also gives a mini rant about being banned for "disagreeing with BMG" not seen any proof of this so far, my guess is he did something and doesn't want to admit it to his viewers

He was banned from the forum for doing nothing but talk shit and post videos of lies and out of context screenshots.
Same thing Magmasword2 is doing now, actually.
Expecting his ban if he makes another video of lies.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:36 am

I'm not supporting either side but don't tell me that a forumers YouTube activities ( if it's not him showing a violation of the rules in game ) getting someone banned is justified! This is outrageous. Not taking criticism is just childish.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:15 am

Stinko wrote:Okay then you agree it's not being fulfilled. So people could try for their funding back since stuff hasn't been fulfilled like I said and it would be a bad idea for blank media to start going to court when anyone out there could have a case against them.

Again, not saying they should go to court. But here's the thing: you can't sue someone over a single Kickstarter goal when everything else was fulfilled, and Psn is eventually going to be made. But you CAN sue someone for defamation, which is what Tormental is doing. The dictionary definition of defamation is: "the act of saying false things in order to make people have a bad opinion of someone or something : the act of defaming someone or something"
It's one thing to quit the game over a bad experience and tell your audience about it. It's another thing to CONTINUE making these videos about it and show incorrect facts to give the company a bad name MONTHS after the incident occurred. Saying false things like "they ban people for having a different opinion" and showing out of context Facebook photos of the developers to give the company a bad name is defamation. Now, I'm not a lawyer and I don't claim to be one, but I know a thing or two about the law. Again, NOT SAYING THAT BMG SHOULD SUE, just that they would have a case.

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 am

randomguyhavingfun wrote:I'm not supporting either side but don't tell me that a forumers YouTube activities ( if it's not him showing a violation of the rules in game ) getting someone banned is justified! This is outrageous. Not taking criticism is just childish.

That's not it

Tormental started shitting all over the forums. As somebody who had no idea who he was up until that point, it became very annoying. It was definitely a justified forum ban, and they even unbanned him from the game a very short time later (due to him not breaking rules in-game).
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby MrNSAagent » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:20 am

Oh sure, I understood from the start that the money had to come from SOMEWHERE. And yes, the Town Points only bought cosmetics. That's all they did and that's all they'll ever do.

But I still hate Merit Points. I have thought about it for a few moments (like SOME PEOPLE should) and my opinion is just the same as my original on the Patch Notes.
And I will keep saying this:
Can there PLEASE be a way to convert Merit Points to Town Points?! Make it, like, 1000 MP = 10 TP. Some of us just don't have money.
MrNSAagent
Survivor
Survivor

Postby randomguyhavingfun » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:54 am

MrNSAagent wrote:Oh sure, I understood from the start that the money had to come from SOMEWHERE. And yes, the Town Points only bought cosmetics. That's all they did and that's all they'll ever do.

But I still hate Merit Points. I have thought about it for a few moments (like SOME PEOPLE should) and my opinion is just the same as my original on the Patch Notes.
And I will keep saying this:
Can there PLEASE be a way to convert Merit Points to Town Points?! Make it, like, 1000 MP = 10 TP. Some of us just don't have money.

It is useless to add merit points if they can be converted to town points. The opposite would work or maybe the ability to gain town points sporadically without paying ( but really slowly ) but a MP to TP conversion is useless. That beeing said you can still buy cosmetics with merit points. The Devs promised that more skins will be available for people to buy with merit points over time.
I have become what i despise, a man who despises himself.

Check out my role suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=45162
the psychaiatrist
Do you also want a more balanched and competetitive ranked mode in patch 1.6? See my ranked suggestions
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48199

How would a new investigator list with new roles look?
randomguyhavingfun
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Magnasword2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 pm

mdb1023 wrote:
Stinko wrote:Okay then you agree it's not being fulfilled. So people could try for their funding back since stuff hasn't been fulfilled like I said and it would be a bad idea for blank media to start going to court when anyone out there could have a case against them.

Again, not saying they should go to court. But here's the thing: you can't sue someone over a single Kickstarter goal when everything else was fulfilled, and Psn is eventually going to be made. But you CAN sue someone for defamation, which is what Tormental is doing. The dictionary definition of defamation is: "the act of saying false things in order to make people have a bad opinion of someone or something : the act of defaming someone or something"
It's one thing to quit the game over a bad experience and tell your audience about it. It's another thing to CONTINUE making these videos about it and show incorrect facts to give the company a bad name MONTHS after the incident occurred. Saying false things like "they ban people for having a different opinion" and showing out of context Facebook photos of the developers to give the company a bad name is defamation. Now, I'm not a lawyer and I don't claim to be one, but I know a thing or two about the law. Again, NOT SAYING THAT BMG SHOULD SUE, just that they would have a case.

If you have a wound and you put a band aid on it, Then 6 months later the bandaid gets pulled off (Like with Achilles comments on a previous thread) Would you not look for a new band aid?
https://www.youtube.com/user/magnasword2evo
twitch.tv/magnasword2

Youtuber,Streamer and lover of all strategy games

Names in game: Too many to count.
Magnasword2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:31 pm

Magnasword2 wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:

If you have a wound and you put a band aid on it, Then 6 months later the bandaid gets pulled off (Like with Achilles comments on a previous thread) Would you not look for a new band aid?

What exactly do you mean by that?

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby FlyBirdFly » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:25 pm

I don't agree to the stopping of people's opinions; I mean, the whole "customer is always right" thing, and also forums is basically for the purpose of posting your opinions about things (even if they are complaints). The forums is like, the only way people can tell BMG what they think about stuff, and if people are unhappy about merit points, this is where they can say it. I kinda feel like BMG would want to know that adding merit points pissed off a bunch of people, and anyway their public relations are not in very good shape after the whole merit points thing. I can understand that BMG needs to make money, but merit points wasted a lot of their customer's time spent saving up town points, so I think people who are upset probably have the right to be mad. No amount of money can buy back wasted time, just saying.
I'm generally a pretty nice person when I'm not angry. ;D
FlyBirdFly
Executioner
Executioner

Postby NightlyLight » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:57 pm

My merit points dont actually work i tried to get a scroll with them since i had 2100 something like that and its says not enought explanantion
NightlyLight

Postby fornycation » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:02 pm

mdb1023 wrote:

The case would be borderline at best. I'm taking some business law courses at school and it's much harder for a company to prove defamation than it is for an individual. In order to prove defamation BMG needs show two things, 1. What was said about them was 100% false and 2. The statement that was said caused serious harm to their business/reputation. For number 1, BMG could probably prove the statements were false but in order to win in court there needs to be no doubt about it and I would argue that most of the statements by Tormental/YouTubers have some truth to them. For number 2, BMG would have a hard time proving serious harm to their reputation or business. If you take Tormental for example, he's not speaking to millions and millions of people and BMG would have no way of proving the loss of business was due to him or a variety of other reasons. Like I said at the start for an individual it's easy to claim serious harm because you could get fired from your job or end up in jail but for a business it's awfully hard to win a defamation case without solid evidence.
fornycation
Mayor
Mayor

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:42 pm

fornycation wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:

The case would be borderline at best. I'm taking some business law courses at school and it's much harder for a company to prove defamation than it is for an individual. In order to prove defamation BMG needs show two things, 1. What was said about them was 100% false and 2. The statement that was said caused serious harm to their business/reputation. For number 1, BMG could probably prove the statements were false but in order to win in court there needs to be no doubt about it and I would argue that most of the statements by Tormental/YouTubers have some truth to them. For number 2, BMG would have a hard time proving serious harm to their reputation or business. If you take Tormental for example, he's not speaking to millions and millions of people and BMG would have no way of proving the loss of business was due to him or a variety of other reasons. Like I said at the start for an individual it's easy to claim serious harm because you could get fired from your job or end up in jail but for a business it's awfully hard to win a defamation case without solid evidence.

Another reason why the shouldn't do it. I was just saying that Tormental is a fucking twat and most of the shit he says about bmg is completely false, to the point where it COULD be CONSIDERED defamation. They should go and won't go to that level, though.

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby FlyBirdFly » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:48 pm

The forums are the only place where people can tell BMG what they think- that is what the forums are for. While not everyone agrees with the things each-other post on the forums, I see a problem with silencing some of the opinions. "The customer is always right." If I owned a company, I would want to know what my consumers think about things; BMG could probably benefit from knowing a lot of their players are upset about merit points. BMG does take into account the suggestions on the forums; just because you don't agree about somebody complaining about something, doesn't mean you should complain about them complaining. Nonetheless, I am open to all of the opinions on this forum. I do not appreciate the merit points because they wasted a lot of my time, but I can understand why BMG would implement them.
I'm generally a pretty nice person when I'm not angry. ;D
FlyBirdFly
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Stinko » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:24 pm

It's sad that you guys defame a youtuber while saying he defames you.
Stinko
Executioner
Executioner

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback