What features does the community want?

Put any feedback about the game here.

What features does the community want?

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:51 pm

I am hoping that this thread can become a good source for features/improvements that the vast majority of the community wants to see implemented. The caveat is that we need to see an overwhelming majority of support behind any proposed idea. Everyone has their own opinion on how they think things should be done but unless the community can agree it makes it impossible for the developers to know what it is you actually want. Essentially when thousands of people throw out random opinions the good ideas get drowned out in a sea of voices.

Roles - I'm sure this one is guaranteed to come up but what roles do you want to see implemented? The roles section is full of roles but almost none of them get a majority of support behind the community to implement.

Please keep things constructive and positive for the future. If the thread just turns into ranting it will be pointless.

Go!
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Re: What features does the community want?

Postby awesome5000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:35 am

Since you mentioned Roles, let's start there.
Some good role ideas are Osservatore (Mafia LO + tracker), Kirize's Drug Dealer (gives fake notifications to people, like a fake transported message), Interviewer (checks the difference in suspicion between two people), and others (those are the ones that popped up in my head at the time)

Also some roles need to be reworked, nerfed or buffed. Some other people know more about this.
I think it's been a while
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:39 am

awesome5000 wrote:Since you mentioned Roles, let's start there.
Some good role ideas are Osservatore (Mafia LO + tracker), Kirize's Drug Dealer (gives fake notifications to people, like a fake transported message), Interviewer (checks the difference in suspicion between two people), and others (those are the ones that popped up in my head at the time)

Also some roles need to be reworked, nerfed or buffed. Some other people know more about this.

Osservatore is just a role that can hear whispers? The blackmailer does this now.

Not a big fan of the Interviewer either. It's not really obvious if a Mafia member is more or less evil than a Witch or if a Jester is more evil or not. Seems like a confusing role.

Drug Dealer has potential though.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:58 am

First Win of the Day as well as Achievements should give Town Points.
Replace some of the Global Moderators.
^ On that topic, a forum rule for Staff should be that public shamings shouldn't be a thing. Be professional and PM the person rather than quote their message publicly. (Unrelated with why Global Moderators need replacing, but still a suggestion)
Fix fucked up looking skins. (Mostly the Prince, but others too. Queen looks like she needs glasses and is a few pixels from being a cyclops.)
Remove the Witch's ability to Consig and replace it with one auto-vest (but only when attacked by scum).
Split English trials from Turkish trials.
^ On that topic, a filter system would be awesome. Filter what type of report you want to review. Gamethrowing, Offensive Username, Hate Speech / Harassment, etc.
^^ Still on that topic; sticky my thread: 'How To Properly Report A Player In-Game'. It would really help with the mislabeled reports.
Scrolls that lower your chances of being a certain role. Getting any role that isn't your scroll will remove the scroll, as it has been used. Should be cheaper than normal Scrolls.
^ On that topic, Lesser Scrolls are also a thing and are completely useless. 2x chance is nothing compared to x10. Especially when you can't equip both to have x12. At least it would be a little useful. If anything, switch out Lesser Scrolls with -x5(?) chance to be the selected role, which would fulfill both of these suggestions.

Can't think of anything else off the bat.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby awesome5000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:06 am

Achilles wrote:

Osservatore is just a role that can hear whispers? The blackmailer does this now.

Not a big fan of the Interviewer either. It's not really obvious if a Mafia member is more or less evil than a Witch or if a Jester is more evil or not. Seems like a confusing role.

Osservatore doesn't just read whispers. That's not its main part. It doesn't have to. It picks a person, sees who they visited, and sees who visited them, as a Mafia member. This is potentially useful in many circumstances, such as finding the people protecting the Mayor.
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:07 am

awesome5000 wrote:
Achilles wrote:

Osservatore doesn't just read whispers. That's not its main part. It doesn't have to. It picks a person, sees who they visited, and sees who visited them, as a Mafia member. This is potentially useful in many circumstances, such as finding the people protecting the Mayor.

But that's OP.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby awesome5000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:08 am

RetralMega wrote:
awesome5000 wrote:
Achilles wrote:

But that's OP.

Which part is OP? The whisper reading part? Or its main ability? Overall without whisper reading its around the same as a consigliere.we can take out whisper reading if it's too much.
Last edited by awesome5000 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:09 am

awesome5000 wrote:Osservatore doesn't just read whispers. That's not its main part. It doesn't have to. It picks a person, sees who they visited, and sees who visited them, as a Mafia member. This is potentially useful in many circumstances, such as finding the people protecting the Mayor.

Got ya. Sounds useful.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:14 am

I feel like being a Lookout Tracker is OP, but this isn't the thread to discuss it. We don't want to clog it with role arguments. Then nothing gets done. If anything, link a thread to a role idea and the discussion about said role can be done there.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:19 am

@Retral - Trial suggestions need to go in Trial Suggestions. Chris works/codes Trial, not the developers.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jerme » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:27 am

The drug Dealer is a good and working role and has proven itself on the Testing Grounds along with other roles, which are worth a look.
I, for my part, would request that you pay some visits to the Testign Grounds and discuss with us about what we have found out there. You can also request us to test certain roles or changes for you to see if the concept would work well or not.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:54 am

So far so good but I am definitely hoping to hear more. I constantly see posts about "fix your broken game" etc. I am trying to compile a list of what changes need to happen for people to feel like the game is solid. May be an impossible task but I am trying.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby ChamAlien » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:22 am

If you are sheriff, you find mafia with blind luck
I think it should not be like that
I like 'em round and big
ChamAlien
FM Awards: Town

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:24 am

ChamAlien wrote:If you are sheriff, you find mafia with blind luck
I think it should not be like that

So what are you suggesting?
I would prefer for the Sheriff to be replaced with a Rolecop. Targets appear as Town, Mafia, or Neutral, but no specifics.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Jerme » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:43 am

I would also like to have a good bugtracker, as there were a lot of bugs already reported, and some even multiple times over the weeks due to them not being fixed, yet. That will help both yo uand the community to keep an overview which bugs are known and what is the status of them, as a couple of bugs are happening rarely, but still can be quite gamebreaking (example: Remembering Vampire raises the softcap by one per Amne, which allows the Vampires to fill up to 5+ members)
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:46 am

Jerme wrote:I would also like to have a good bugtracker, as there were a lot of bugs already reported, and some even multiple times over the weeks due to them not being fixed, yet. That will help both yo uand the community to keep an overview which bugs are known and what is the status of them, as a couple of bugs are happening rarely, but still can be quite gamebreaking (example: Remembering Vampire raises the softcap by one per Amne, which allows the Vampires to fill up to 5+ members)

Lookout sees in the order of the rolelist. Most broken thing ever, to be honest.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:44 am

I feel like the only problem with this thread is that it's trying to cram an entire forum board into one thread, which will likely get messy.

Anyways, my contribution will be "do something with the Spy". There are a bunch of ideas out there. Just search "Spy" on Suggestions and Role Ideas, really, and find something that removes at least its Mafia chat and Mafia visit-seeing that you all like.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby libraryaddict » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:01 am

Personally I'm a huge fan of jester hauntings when left to random, that they don't go through all transports. I know I'm asking a lot here, but I just lost a 100% winnable game because the jester didn't click on me when I was transported with the godfather. It just seems like a broken mechanic to me, probably intended. But still.
libraryaddict
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ChamAlien » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:18 am

RetralMega wrote:So what are you suggesting?

I think there should be a reminder. it should say people who have not talk
I like 'em round and big
ChamAlien

Postby sexyusernamexoxo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:50 am

Honestly, I would love to have chat rooms for people waiting in Ranked queue, especially since the timer has been extended to 5 minutes.
i go by sonder and i have 600 elo

if you ever see me around im generally pretty friendly :)
sexyusernamexoxo
Executioner
Executioner

Postby BlazinIce » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:22 am

Changes:

Remove spy hearing mafia chat
Make transporter movements silent
Make arsonist douses silent
Use mafia tactical kills (moon button for mafia, whoever clicks it kills instead of their normal action
Make lookouts see instead of a disguiser visiting its target the target visiting itself
Add some of the roles in Testing Grounds
Let Jester pierce transporter (this way, transporter can't be the only guilty-er and transport itself and whoever it wants to kill)
Make Jester Neutral Benign since it doesn't side with scum.
Rework Executioner into a Neutral Benign (Kirizies rework is fine)
Add anti town Neutral Evils
Remove survivor, add rosalinagalaxy's farmer
Add more random towns, replace one town support and one town investigative with 2 random town
Make Vampire unable to spawn in Ranked
Give witch an autovest (first time hit by scum, immune)

Roles:
Replace Survivor with Rosalinas farmer
Add electrician
Add politician
Add mortician (?)
Add orphan
Add drug dealer
Add coroner

Just please do something with the Spy
Last edited by BlazinIce on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:25 am

Drug Dealer is a lame name and I don't like the idea of a fifth mafia deception role, especially one that I don't see having great utility (especially with spy existing).

What about letting lobby hosts is custom lobbies scale the number of players that the lobby can have? Somewhere between 10-15 for instance. Lets large parties play without stragglers and allows for groups to play with smaller setups.

I would also like to suggest a restructuring of the chaos category. All Any should stay, but Vigilantics games are sparsely filled and Rainbow takes a while to fill as well. A while back ago Achilles or somebody else talked about possibly having a game of the month (or week, it's been a while since this was said) for other forms of chaos setups. I say have four or more chaos setups as a mode-of-the-week for chaos, rotating weekly between Rainbow/Vigilantics/some others (maybe one that focuses on vampires? Or one with lots of jesters?).
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Redja » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:44 am

If we're gonna stick with Merit points, at least allow us to convert either currency to each other. For Example, I have 65 TP left over, so if I wanted to convert to MP, it'd be 1:4, so one TP equals 4 MP, since you gain MP faster. either way. 65 TP= 260 MP, so 260 more MP.
But let's say I wanted to convert my 20 MP (I haven't been playing alot sorry) into TP. Divide it by 4 So my 20 MP is worth 5 TP.
I think this could be a way of a sort of compromise, granted I don't like MP, but hey, I could deal with this
Redja

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 am

Converting MP to TP destroys the point of having an exclusive currency. It just makes no sense.

As for converting TP to MP, my personal reccommendation is to sell MP boosters for TP that increase the amount of MP you get for any action. This way it encourages people to play more, and people can buy TP to buy MP boosters if they don't want to spend enough to outright purchase a single cosmetic item with TP.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby awesome5000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 am

Kirize12 wrote:
Achilles wrote:

Blackmailer is too confirmable to hear whispers, if you know what I mean. It's presence can be easily discerned unless it doesn't blackmail, which essentially makes it a mafia citizen. Osservatore, however, is also a mafia Lookout and tracker - sees who visits it's target and who it's target visits. It might seem a bit strong, but remember mafia roles should be stronger than Town roles because mafia forms the minority at the beginning.

Interviewer is a topic I'm not touching and I'm still trying to find stuff to balance the results out.

"looks at last line"

SENPAI NOTICED ME~

As for what I'd like:
Transporter transports are silent (and reporting is only available at endgame and in lobby, with an unreport feature)
Tactical Mafia Kills (any mafia member can kill instead of using their night action) and the changing of Mafioso (and the Ranked rolelist)
Spoi loses it's mafia chat reading ability, mafia is an informed minority (I have more I'd like for Spy but this is the bare minimum)
Forger removed IMO, I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this but forger is a role that is essentially a much weaker janitor, and when it actually manages to do something it can be caught via typing styles (also clears up a slot for Drug Dealer ;))

You can choose WHEN to blackmail and when NOT to blackmail. The ability can and should stay.
Good job on that role idea btw.
You can change your typing style. It does need to be buffed though, where it can have a fake will which can be edited in the day time. But removing it completely? No thanks.
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Next

Return to Feedback