What features does the community want?

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: What features does the community want?

Postby awesome5000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:42 am

Kirize12 wrote:I'm not saying the ability shouldn't stay. I'm saying "not on Blackmailer". Something that can afford to use both their abilities simultaneously.
Thanks.
Changing your typing style is a hassle I wouldn't want to go through and neither would many players. I know most players have a unique typing style and that would be very hard to fake. It also doesn't do much from the game's I've played with it, I have never seen a forged will that I can't instantly brush off as forger. Janitor does enough for wills anyways.

Blackmailer never was supposed to blackmail every night. Doing so instantly gives away the RM as blackmailer.

I'm not very informed about typing styles, I'm in like 1130 Elo right now. RIP
I think it's been a while
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Postby sandyoso » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:43 pm

I'd like to see the rank time reduced, or an ability to avoid playing with certain people.

There are some players in high level ranked who don't break rules, but they're just terrible players/toxic people who facetank their side's chances of winning.

I WOULD PAY TO NEVER BE PLACED WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Sonder, for example, is total garbage.
sandyoso
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:48 pm

sandyoso wrote:I'd like to see the rank time reduced, or an ability to avoid playing with certain people.

There are some players in high level ranked who don't break rules, but they're just terrible players/toxic people who facetank their side's chances of winning.

I WOULD PAY TO NEVER BE PLACED WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Sonder, for example, is total garbage.

Higher Ranked times, or a lobby of Turkish players you can't understand? Hmm...
A blocking system would be easily abused to exclude people from games.
If they don't break rules, but facetank their teams chances if winning to a notable degree, it's breaking a rule called Gamethrowing.
If Sonder is a player, your post qualifys as a witch hunt, which is against forum rules.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:49 pm

So far this thread is going about how I thought it would. Suggestions such as remove the forger or change the Sheriff are ridiculous propositions that obviously will not have the majority of community support. Any issues with a toxic community are likely best handled by just not being F2P or having a VIP queue. We do our best to punish players but with 500k users who can just make a new account for free it's an unwinable battle. If we weren't F2P and they had to spend $5 every time they got banned it would be a huge incentive to not troll.

I have a hard time seeing users getting excited about nerfing the spy into the ground.

People talking about transporting jester haunts which has already been fixed.

Keep the ideas coming.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Magnasword2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Here's an idea. Sell this game to a professional business, Take your cash pile and leave. That way the players of this game can deal with real businessmen who aren't out to exploit their fan base and you get the money you oh so obviously want.

Good idea right Josh?

I mean this is all about what's best for the game right? The best thing I can see for the game is to cease your involvement. You get something, The fans get something. Everybody wins.
https://www.youtube.com/user/magnasword2evo
twitch.tv/magnasword2

Youtuber,Streamer and lover of all strategy games

Names in game: Too many to count.
Magnasword2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Magnasword2 wrote:Here's an idea. Sell this game to a professional business, Take your cash pile and leave. That way the players of this game can deal with real businessmen who aren't out to exploit their fan base and you get the money you oh so obviously want.

Good idea right Josh?

I mean this is all about what's best for the game right? The best thing I can see for the game is to cease your involvement. You get something, The fans get something. Everybody wins.

They don't have piles of money.

Here's a better idea.
Instead of telling a whole company to just quit for no reason, explain why.
What has BMG done as a company that is so bad it has just ruined Town of Salem completely where anyone else would do much better?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Magnasword2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:04 pm

RetralMega wrote:
Magnasword2 wrote:Here's an idea. Sell this game to a professional business, Take your cash pile and leave. That way the players of this game can deal with real businessmen who aren't out to exploit their fan base and you get the money you oh so obviously want.

Good idea right Josh?

Here's a better idea.
What has BMG done as a company that is so bad it has just ruined Town of Salem completely where anyone else would do much better?

Oh I love how much they've gotten to you.

Cost to Hire Pewdiepie: Well over $10000
Cost to go to las vegas for supposed "Launch party" with staff: $2000

They have money mate. From the kickstarter, Ad vevenue, Income of game sales etc. You need to start looking at the facts bro. These guys go to conventions all the time, They Hire youtubers, They have Minimal staff. Their servers are probably very basic since this is an adobe flash player game at best. What they're saying makes sense to the untrained eye but to someone who pays attention you can see so many cracks in their facade.

At this point the game will collapse once Pewds Fickle fanbase decide the game isn't worth their time anymore which is just exasperated with them removing the free content i mean really. They're destroying their own ad revenue for what? Skins of stolen ideas and this ego that children will buy anything their game produces? No sir. This game has been on life support from youtube for so long maybe it should just join freedom itself XD
twitch.tv/magnasword2

Magnasword2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Magnasword2 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:

Good idea right Josh?

Here's a better idea.

They have money mate. From the kickstarter, Ad vevenue, Income of game sales etc. You need to start looking at the facts bro. These guys go to conventions all the time, They Hire youtubers, They have Minimal staff. Their servers are probably very basic since this is an adobe flash player game at best. What they're saying makes sense to the untrained eye put to someone who pays attention you can see so many cracks in their facade.

At this point the game qill collapse once Pewds Fickle fanbase decide the game isn't worth their time anymore which is just exasperated with them removing the free content i mean really. They're destroying their own ad revenue for what? Skins of stolen ideas and this ego that children will buy anything their game produces? No sir. This game has been on life support from youtube for so long maybe it should just join freedom itself XD

So what are you suggesting?
Nothing?
Seems like you're just bitching.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Magnasword2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:10 pm

RetralMega wrote:
Magnasword2 wrote:
RetralMega wrote:

Good idea right Josh?

Here's a better idea.

They have money mate. From the kickstarter, Ad vevenue, Income of game sales etc. You need to start looking at the facts bro. These guys go to conventions all the time, They Hire youtubers, They have Minimal staff. Their servers are probably very basic since this is an adobe flash player game at best. What they're saying makes sense to the untrained eye put to someone who pays attention you can see so many cracks in their facade.

At this point the game qill collapse once Pewds Fickle fanbase decide the game isn't worth their time anymore which is just exasperated with them removing the free content i mean really. They're destroying their own ad revenue for what? Skins of stolen ideas and this ego that children will buy anything their game produces? No sir. This game has been on life support from youtube for so long maybe it should just join freedom itself XD

So what are you suggesting?
Nothing?
Seems like you're just bitching.

Bitching? Oh no this is a genuine suggestion.

The devs should take their nest egg, Up sticks and leave this venture while they can still get away with it. Sell it to Ea, Activision, Somebody who will actually do something with the game far beyond what they're capable of with their limited scope and penchant for trying to sucker their own customers.

Im also going t o mention that you asked me to explain then decided to say I was "Bitching" Despite you prompting me to do so. Sir you're not actually intrested in my arguement are you? Infact your entire instigation here is just one massive bait.
Last edited by Magnasword2 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twitch.tv/magnasword2

Magnasword2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Well I tried. Time to go back to driving around in my Ferrari with my super model girlfriend. Oh wait I spend most of my life in front of a computer screen trying to make a free game better and be able to keep it running long term while people on forums tell me what a piece of shit I am. Man life is good.

All that ad revenue from half the internet having Adblock. It doesn't even cover server costs lol.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Magnasword2 wrote:Joshes post here was not an effort to improve the game. It was a throwback against the Merit town point complainers who have every right to speak up against it. Because this is what they do. They don't give a damn till someone speaks up then they give concessions. They make everyone think they're cool again then continue to do their stuff. I was a party to this. Albeit a small party but A party non the less.

Why do you think this happens every single time man? Because it's nothing but lies upon lies upon lies. And I just can't take it. I mean you just do what you're told I have no idea how deep you are in this but I like to think you have nothing to do with it.

Almost every decision we make is made as a company, we all are included. That is what I love about the company. Near every decision they have made I have supported. I won't agree with everything but who knows what's best really. That is why I get upset when people call us lazy or money grubbing. These aren't just the decisions of a CEO telling his grunts to do this or do that. These are group discussions that determine the direction of the company that we all had a part in. I don't think 1 thing we have ever done was money grubbing. Have we done things to improve our ARPU so that we can live better lives, expand the company, or delve into new things? Of course.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but more as a note to everyone in reference to my being upset when we get called lazy, or people say that we never do anything. We all work crazy hours. No one at the company works less than a 60 hour week on average. We work holidays many times, we work weekends. We believe in the company and want it to shine. Many people think that because there isn't a new role role added every month, or that bugs aren't fixed at amazing rates that nothing is done. There is plenty being done that isn't user facing(meaning that you don't necessarily see some new UI, or some blatant feature, but things are still changing). We are also currently working on a lot of the features for 1.6.0+
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Magnasword2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:06 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:
Magnasword2 wrote:Joshes post here was not an effort to improve the game. It was a throwback against the Merit town point complainers who have every right to speak up against it. Because this is what they do. They don't give a damn till someone speaks up then they give concessions. They make everyone think they're cool again then continue to do their stuff. I was a party to this. Albeit a small party but A party non the less.

Why do you think this happens every single time man? Because it's nothing but lies upon lies upon lies. And I just can't take it. I mean you just do what you're told I have no idea how deep you are in this but I like to think you have nothing to do with it.

Almost every decision we make is made as a company, we all are included. That is what I love about the company. Near every decision they have made I have supported. I won't agree with everything but who knows what's best really. That is why I get upset when people call us lazy or money grubbing. These aren't just the decisions of a CEO telling his grunts to do this or do that. These are group discussions that determine the direction of the company that we all had a part in. I don't think 1 thing we have ever done was money grubbing. Have we done things to improve our ARPU so that we can live better lives, expand the company, or delve into new things? Of course.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, but more as a note to everyone in reference to my being upset when we get called lazy, or people say that we never do anything. We all work crazy hours. No one at the company works less than a 60 hour week on average. We work holidays many times, we work weekends. We believe in the company and want it to shine. Many people think that because there isn't a new role role added every month, or that bugs aren't fixed at amazing rates that nothing is done. There is plenty being done that isn't user facing(meaning that you don't necessarily see some new UI, or some blatant feature, but things are still changing). We are also currently working on a lot of the features for 1.6.0+

Shape Dude please don't. In ask me anythings I have asked you questions posed on information by other staff members and you haven't known anything about it.

The bad part about this is that if your whole company is making decisions to spend kickstarter money on Las vegas trips with obvious excuses to make it a business trip then you are ALL held accountable for the misuse of that money given to you in good faith by Kickstarter backers. I assume you know that's how kickstarter is right? A jolt for failing businesses.

Allow me to refer you to your own promises in the kickstarter. You promised if you reached a certain amount a character and pet skin would be given free to everybody. After kickstarter ended you renaiged on this giving peoplee the choice to buy the skins. CLEAR. DECISIVE. LYING.

Let's also take into account the company excuses. "We don't have staff or server money" You do. Yo uspent it on Pewdiepie, Minx, Chilled chaos a whole heaping cast of youtubers. You know that only covers the section of the internet that goes to youtube right? I haven't once seen a facebook ad campaign. And that fiasco where you asked me to help with youtubers pelled it all out. You wanted this game to become pally with your favourite internet celebrities. I can't obviously prove who works what but the output is definetly the cause of one of two things. Laziness or intent to gain more money through bad buisness practice that requires very little effort. I refer you to the "Click ad button" Update that was purely a money making scheme instead of providing new content or expanding on existing content.

I find it very hard to believe a buisness like yourselves can work for as long as you claim and perform so very little outside of your own DIRECT interests. This of course referring to the money spent on conventions, Trips, Youtuber payoffs etc.
twitch.tv/magnasword2

Magnasword2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Magnasword2 wrote:I find it very hard to believe a business like yourselves can work for as long as you claim and perform so very little outside of your own DIRECT interests. This of course referring to the money spent on conventions, Trips, Youtuber payoffs etc.

All of those things increase revenue either directly or indirectly.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby shelboo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:08 pm

-Just gonna awkwardly step over this internet drama-
As someone who lurks the forums, who is an admin for the Wiki, and one of the moderators for the subreddit.... (I read a lot of feedback is what I'm getting at)

People feel important updates are pushed out too slow. Each time a new patch comes out, there are people basically saying "Oh look... more cosmetics and nothing added to the gameplay itself." (slow to update balancing roles & pushing out new roles) All of that focus on mobile unfortunately made some players lose patience. Players recently have felt upset about the Merit Points, feeling like there should have been an announcement made a bit ago to allow players to gather up more Town Points to get the items they've been saving up for.

So what we have are players feeling bored and hurt.

It's to my understanding that 1.6 is a Ranked fix which is great. I hope you guys do change it up with the role list (get community feedback on it first), and give out rewards for players as incentive to play.

If there were a few roles in mind of making, I feel like they should be advertised on here and on all of the social media accounts. Take out the "Latest Youtube Video" from the main screen of the game and replace it with a noticeable, brightly colored box asking people to vote on which one of the roles they would like to see in the game.

Shout out to ChickenPieNuggetz who has received over 450 responses on his feedback survey involving Town of Salem. (He advertised it on the Wiki and on the subreddit.) Click here to see the results. In the spoiler below includes a poll from that survey which asks what faction people would like to see a new role for:
Spoiler: That's not to say to add a role in the top voted result, but it is something to see where people's heads are at.

TLDR; Poll people to get their opinions on potential options. People want more balance and roles out at a faster pace. People want to feel like their feedback is being heard.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:12 pm

The only issue with Merit Points isn't anything to do with Merit Points, but the lack of communication regarding them.
If players knew about this beforehand, the backlash would be a fraction of what it is now.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Don't see why people want more neutral chaos roles. What would their win condition even be?
I'd prefer for the current roles to be refined before many new roles come out.
Last edited by ICECLIMBERS on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Image

in the distance the shelves
rode three shadows of blue
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Thank the lord a solid post. Good idea on the in game poll
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Sorry, I don't mean to intrude but I'd like to clean up the thread to make it neater. Gonna temporarily lock this while I move everything that's not related to the original post/doesn't contribute any ideas.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Yeah, I can agree that maybe we should have let players know that the currency system was changing before hand. A good thing to keep in mind for the future. I do like the idea of having a poll in game where the YouTube video is though. Solid idea Shelboo. :)
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:26 pm

That should be the worst of it gone. Let me know if I missed anything big or accidentally moved something.

Carry on.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Stinko » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:43 pm

What about 'blank media games should hire a project leader with experience in making games whose word they would follow'? Someone to take decisions away from the people who are drawing so much hatred and disappointment that they're thinking of disengaging from the community?

It's one step below selling to someone more experienced. Fire all the current community staff to pay for hiring an experienced organizer since the community staff obviously haven't kept well connected to a happy community. There's no questioning they have not succeeded so why are they still being paid with the funds that seem desperately low? Hire a productive and connected organizer and give them the reigns on updates.
Last edited by Stinko on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stinko
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Nellyfox » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Please use private messages if you must argue, or discuss anything that is off-topic.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Nellyfox wrote:Please use private messages if you must argue, or discuss anything that is off-topic.

That was on topic.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby BlazinIce » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Josh just please make spy not hear mafia chat so mafia can actually communicate
It takes five seconds to put into the PTR, just delete the code that allows it to do so
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:06 pm

BlazinIce wrote:Josh just please make spy not hear mafia chat so mafia can actually communicate
It takes five seconds to put into the PTR, just delete the code that allows it to do so

Spy is still pretty strong without hearing Mafia chat. I support this change entirely. Spy being able to listen just removes all strategy from Mafia.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback