Trial System

Put any feedback about the game here.

Trial System

Postby RasKamun » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:49 pm

First of all, sorry for my english. Im German.

Guys you really really need to push the trail system! About 70% of the (not ranked) games are fixed or thrown. Almost every match has a banable name or rassist chat! Custom Games have incredible amount of Lobby Spam mostly insulting the Host. There are multiaccounts in a single Match! And newest i believe there is a Jailor Hack! 3/3 with no clues.

Why is that: Almost all PR for the game is from YT. DerpCrew and Ohmwercker just to name two. Thats the way i came here. But: They horribly SkypeCheat EVERY Game. Only clean one i know is LordMinion777 and Minx. So people join the Game for free, enter a game and play with their friends: Baby does as baby sees! How should they know?!
Why even bother to read the rules if your just here to have fun with your friends....

The Problem: As far as i learned from your emplyee's Stream only the Devs are allowed to ban. and there are less than 5 Devs. So whats the Devs Job?! Evolving the Game. We get Vampire, Vampire Hunter, Multiplattform etc. Sure makes a hell of a working day at the office. But you know a day only has 24h and as i need to report 7/10 games i play its total impossible to get people banned anytime soon. Lobby tells me, that prox 500-700 games are played at a time lets say: 30min a game makes 1200 game / hour. At minimum (sure its way higher)1 0% of the matches get reported by two people....do the math! 4 People need to read 30-60 Gamefiles per hour just to keep up! Impossible

Only way to get this fixed: We need players to read the rules! A good start would be to install something like Sorcerors code in LoL. Make them Agree to not cheat, not throw, not anything bad. + Put somethin on the Home-Client that reminds everyone that SkypeCheating is breaking a great game!
And most of all make the Trail System your Priority Nr. 1 and implement it before ToS is totally becoming "Report Buttom Simulator 2015". We need to get Cheaters banned! No more Nazi or rassist name in the Game! We need a trial to do so!
And for the love of god: Dont give known cheater Youtubers a skin before they start to play by the rules.
Give the trail the chance to ban for 1day first time, 5days second time and if they are found guilty a third time send it to the Devs. Devs decide if this Acoount gets IP banned 1 week.

ToS is on the edge of not playable. And more and more Townies are catching up on it => Fair players quit, Cheaters dont care about reports anymore. And before you know it: The Game is unplayable
RasKamun
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Trial System

Postby Arckas » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:00 pm

I agree partially. Not to the point of it being unplayable, but to the point where is should be addressed properly which it will. Skype cheating is a touchy topic, but they have been warned in the past.
Spoiler:
PyromonkeyGG wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:I'm still waiting for the Derp Crew to get their warning, on a side-note, of which they have yet to receive.

We did warn them. Just because we didn't put them on trial in front of everyone doesn't mean we didn't warn them.

I believe trial System is next on the chopping block once ranked is released.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby RasKamun » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:51 pm

Your absolutly right, the game in some matches is great fun. But what i meant to say by being on the edge:
Lets say i intentionally start to get reported, how long would it take till the Devs review my Cases, considering its not their main job to do so. 1-2 Month i'd guess. So why care, right?
And the conclusion i wanted DerpCrew or Ohmwrecker to be warned or banned is not right. Town of Salem needs this promotion. Their Videos are great fun and helps ToS to get the attention it deserves. DerpCrew's Videos are that fun, because Chilled Choas is tricking everyone in Skype. And i'm sure it's great fun to do so with your friends. The problem is, its done in Normal games.
So my suggestion would be: Just make a new "gamemode". For example: "TeamBattle" In here skype cheating is allowed. If you enter here, you do it at your own risk, but you can play with your friends. So DerpCrew can continue to make their awesome videos, ToS gets great PR and Friends can join up without cheating or getting talked into throwing in "Classic" or Ranked.
Shouldnt be to hard to do, as far as i can tell.

But it doesn't change my original point, that Classic, Custom and Ranked need a Trail System ASAP.
RasKamun
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:43 am

Just a few things;

1.) Regarding Trial System, there have been a few minor setbacks regarding back when they did a split in the server, so it's causing issues with the Trial System right now, and those are slowly being ironed out, again, slowly due to the work-load of things to do.
2.) Regarding ChilledChaos (don't recall Ohm being involved, but if you want to include them, okay then...) and the Derp Crew cheating, and getting warned (not banned) is the right thing to do, and let me explain why;
  • It shows no one gets special treatment. Just like celebrities don't get special treatment from the police. Several celebrities have been found not to be treated special by police officers, and that's how it is regarding YouTubers who promote the game.
  • It shows that it's wrong to other users who might think of re-creating what they do.
3.) They are allowed to have their "fun" in PRIVATE LOBBIES containing their FANS if they want to do such things, like revealing, etc. They are NOT, however, allowed to do so with 'randoms' so-to-speak (members of the community). It's put like this; YouTubers who do it with fans make sure there's 15 of them, and the viewers know what is to be expected, so they agree to it if they join in on it. (Thankfully Minx, Ohm, Doxy, etc usually promote no cheating. :P)
However, what the Derp Crew does is join a lobby full of 11 other unknown users who don't agree to be subjected to such things in-game, and therefor, that is not okay, and they have been warned about doing it. (This includes the cheating, the leaving because of 'shit roles', etc.)

The fact you think they shouldn't be warned (yes, they do help publicize the game, of which the Devs are thankful for), it doesn't help the fact that it's not okay. Some people think they are above such rules and regulations. Our rules apply even to YouTubers. They get no special treatment, and really, they shouldn't. That sends the wrong kind of message to users who not only view their videos, but also to those who play the game AND watch their videos.

Besides, it's too late to revoke the warnings given to Minx and Andy, followed by the Derp Crew. They've been warned, and that's the end of it really.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mroz4k » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:10 am

I dissagree, Naru. It is fairly obvious that the Derp Crew in fact recieves special treatment. The amount of cheating they do, they would have earned over 30 warnings by now. Fact is, noone will ever ban them, despite the fact they at the very least Skype cheat in every game. Want me to prove my point? - latest video by Criousgamer, where TehSmarticus reveals his role on the first night.

I dont want to get into this all over again, but not so long ago, I pointed out this video where Chilled and Ze were both in Mafia and game-threw really hard by getting rid of their Godfather, which ultimatedly led to them loosing the game because they were constantly undermining their own Godfather. And mind I say, Chilled in 1:00 to 1:20 of this video admits that they realize this is against rules, and asks their fans to not be upset because ´´they dont do this very often´´. Which is a lie. Since they are breaking the rules, in PUBLIC matches in almost every game that goes on their channels.

Yet they have always been only warned. Personally, I understand why the Devs decided to do what they did, and are giving them special treatment. I understand it, even though I dont agree with it - it only makes them look weak, when they dont have the guts to maintain their own rules. But its their own decision and everyone should respect that decision.

So lets not claim they dont get special treatment when its exactly what they get. OP, you are right when you pointed out the Derp Crew, because they indeed to promote cheating and the reason why community in-game is so quite a lot thanks to them. Yet they will never be banned because they promote the game, so best to just clutch the teeth and dont mind it anymore.

However, you are incorrect in case of Ohmwrecker and the rest of the YouTubers. While maybe they do promote skype-cheating, they are not cheating themselves. They are playing in special private lobbies where everyone is notified that Skype Cheating might be happening. This applies even to Markiplier /JackSepticEye lobbies. Its a fault of Developers that they dont require YouTubers to run 3-5 second long disclaimer in front of the video, saying that they are playing in a private lobby where skype cheating is allowed. Or something similar like that, so those who see the video would know that this is not allowed in the public game.

Also, there are only two Developers. However there is around 6 people in total who can ban - and those are Developers along with Admins. That still is insufficient if all the in-game reports are to be handled, but Trials should come soon, hopefully.

Now, dont take this criticism for hating on the owners - as much as I dont agree with many things they do, I still have to respect them for many other things. Foremost of all, they moved their game here - they made it very popular. Thats a big achievement they should be proud of. These are just rookie mistakes and eventually, they will figure these out on their own. I just hope they finally decide to cut Derpcrew completely off, because they dont need them anymore - in fact, the game would only benefit from it.

Lets just say this. Developers made this game, its theirs. Regardless of what we want, they will make the important decisions, and they have every right to do so. However, sooner or later they will have to realize that compromise with what community wants is neccesary for the survival of the game. If they keep on neglecting the community like they are doign right now, the in-game community will only get worse, those good people that are here will get fed up with these shenanigans and will leave, and their game will run out of life´s energy.

If they want to keep it going indefinitedly, they will have to learn to symbiotize with the community. I have seen first hand what happens when you fail to recognize the needs of community. This is just a warning.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:59 pm

In the case that the Derp Crew continues to Skype Cheat with the open community without their prior knowledge, I urge users to do like they have done in the past and report them; On Twitter, in the Report Users section, etc. There will be a point they will likely end up pushing Blake to that will cause them to get at least a temporary suspension if Blake's warnings go ignored. If Minx and Andy can heed Blake's warning, and actually listen, so can the Derp Crew. If they refuse to listen, there has to be consequences for their actions, and they will get their due-punishment within time.

Not to mention if someone happens to get lucky to get involved, reports them in-game, and they show up in the Trial System enough times, it'll be even easier to punish them for not listening to warnings given out, not just from Blake, but from those involved with the Trial System as well. If we lose our powers for punishing cheating like we're supposed to, YouTubers or not, it's going to be a fucking joke.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:06 pm

and Once again, The Derp Crew cheats;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykqpx2c ... youtu.be&a

I'm getting tired of this shit. I really am.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chitownmvp01 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Naru2008 wrote:and Once again, The Derp Crew cheats;

Is there going to be a harsher punishment such as a ban for example because they have already been warned about this?
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:49 pm

chitownmvp01 wrote:

Is there going to be a harsher punishment such as a ban for example because they have already been warned about this?

Likely not.

We're not even allowed to touch them when the Trial System comes out. If we do anything to any YouTuber (such as Derp Crew, Minx, etc) if they come into Trial, we will lose our Trial System powers, as told by Blake himself. The only way anything can happen is if the community as a whole reports them repeatedly and causes a big fuss about it.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chitownmvp01 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
chitownmvp01 wrote:

Likely not.

We're not even allowed to touch them when the Trial System comes out. If we do anything to any YouTuber (such as Derp Crew, Minx, etc) if they come into Trial, we will loose our Trial System powers, as told by Blake himself. The only way anything can happen is if the community as a whole reports them repeatedly and causes a big fuss about it.

Are you saying that one or more of the players (that wasn't them) in the video reported them in-game, they wouldn't be punished because they are Youtubers? And anybody else would get punished? If this is the case, I find that unfair. Even though the Derp Crew is a group is Youtubers, I think they SHOULD NOT get exception compared to everybody else.

By this post, you can definitely tell that I think that the Derp crew SHOULD be punished for their actions. I'm 100% okay with them getting banned because I think they could be influencing others to cheat. However, it seems like they won't be banned.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Mroz4k » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:51 pm

Naru, dont bother with it. Its not worth the fuss.

Like I said, this is up to Developers and their own code of honor. If they value the money they get from the publicity brought be Derp Crew, then its their own dignity they are selling. Its up to Blake - its his own decision, he can either show that he is man and live up to his own Rules, or he can continue to play this little sharade where we all pretend that the DerpCrew was warned and are not being obidient, while they continue to happily cheat and make the rules look like joke.

Blake, you really should start reading the feedback again. This message is to the developers, as a person.
Do you really not value the rules you yourself validated? If money is all it takes for your to sell your own pride, then my respect in you is ill-placed. Its obvious to everyone who is not biased by being a fan of said gentlemen that they are cheating. And that you allow them to cheat and purposedly overlook it. And deny it while doing a very poor job at covering it up.

Its your game, and your decision. But I respected both of you for one thing - that TOS was your dream and also personal pride. And you just sold the pride because the money was good enough.

Funny fact is - if you didnt, you would end up making more in the long run. If you banned those responsible for main income of in-game community poison, and instead started to work with community again, like you both used to at the golden age of Kickstarters, then the game would be cleaner, have higher quality, and higher quality means the customers spend more time on it, and are more inclined to spend money on Town coins.

One last thing:
Its not the YouTubers making you money. Its the people that play, enjoy and pay for the game that make you money.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.

FM history:
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Gobln » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:55 pm

Youtubers cruising above the law.
Gobln
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Ansem555 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Reading that a developer is telling you to ignore Youtuber reports just makes me want to start some kind of initiative to let people know that that kind of backroom crap is going on. Hell, I could do it, or at least voice my displeasure on somewhere like TVTropes and Steam.

Nobody should be above the rules, and Minx got warned through sheer perseverance that she should when she was cheating. I hate to say it because I found ToS through her, but she deserved the warn and she actually did learn from it. While the Derp Crew doesn't listen to the warning, and Blake is just going "Oh well, they make us money" and won't let them be touched. That is just so damn low.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:47 am

I just don't see why if they were warned, why they didn't heed it.

They KNOW they are breaking the rules because even in my second post chilled sits there and fucking calls themselves out saying that it's bad, yet they CONTINUE to do it.

I 100% applaud Minx and Andy for listening to their warning and taking the rules seriously and stopped cheating.
I 100% am disgusted with GaLm, Chilled, Ze, and Smarty.

If I ever have the unfortunate pleasure of being in the same game as them, you best believe I will keep a close eye out, and if it's after this next patch, I will give them a warning ahead of time in the lobby telling them they had better not cheat. I would dare them to include it in their video if they post it, mocking the warning. (This would be done via an in-game command soon to be available to Mods that will make our message show up as 'Moderator'.)
I also would be willing to risk my Trial System status if enough people report them enough times, by punishing them. There's a time when enough is enough, and if it means I have to lose my powers for doing what I'm supposed to do; enforce the rules, then damn it, I'll do it. I'd do it regardless.

If that list of different reports got to a certain point, for any user really, that's a sign something needs to be done.

Just my two cents.

Note; I am NOT biased towards YouTubers as a group of people, or a single YouTuber. As stated above, this would be my viewpoint on anyone brought up to trial with a long list of reports.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ansem555 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:55 am

Naru2008 wrote:I just don't see why if they were warned, why they didn't heed it.

They KNOW they are breaking the rules because even in my second post chilled sits there and fucking calls themselves out saying that it's bad, yet they CONTINUE to do it.

I 100% applaud Minx and Andy for listening to their warning and taking the rules seriously and stopped cheating.
I 100% am disgusted with GaLm, Chilled, Ze, and Smarty.

If I ever have the unfortunate pleasure of being in the same game as them, you best believe I will keep a close eye out, and if it's after this next patch, I will give them a warning ahead of time in the lobby telling them they had better not cheat. I would dare them to include it in their video if they post it, mocking the warning. (This would be done via an in-game command soon to be available to Mods that will make our message show up as 'Moderator'.)
I also would be willing to risk my Trial System status if enough people report them enough times, by punishing them. There's a time when enough is enough, and if it means I have to lose my powers for doing what I'm supposed to do; enforce the rules, then damn it, I'll do it. I'd do it regardless.

If that list of different reports got to a certain point, for any user really, that's a sign something needs to be done.

Just my two cents.

Note; I am NOT biased towards YouTubers as a group of people, or a single YouTuber. As stated above, this would be my viewpoint on anyone brought up to trial with a long list of reports.

Oh no, I understand where you're coming from. If you're going to make rules, there should be no exceptions, especially when others doing the same thing gets banned for it. Yes, at times there are exceptions to the rule figuratively, but when it's something as severe (or should be, as Accounts need to have more value sometime soon) as a ban, why should some be immune while others who aren't graced with the charisma to be part of the gang be the only targets.

I have no bias against Youtubers either, because as I said and as you said, I applaud Minx for getting the warn she needed and taking it actually seriously. She didn't take it as a joke like apparently DC are doing. If your Trial powers ever become compromised for you doing your job, just PM me and I will give my reviews on TVTropes and Steam to spread out the backroom crap, because that's not okay, especially so for me as a double dipper donator. Using my money, I say "no exceptions" to bans.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Ozyrox » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:06 am

im suddenly annoyed by these group of cheaters. Martin has a point, decide. what are you going to do about it?

And i agree with the OP. It will reduce so much rule breakers and cheaters. We have to do something about this. Its getting too out of control. The devs are so focused on adding new features they haven't even realized that they have created so much bugs and cheaters in the process. I recommend they clean everything up now and continue to expand or expand as quickly as they can then clean it up.
Refresh for a new GIF!!

Spoiler: MY ROLE IDEAS

Ozyrox
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Mroz4k » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:19 am

To the main topic:
TurdPile just confirmed that Trials is the next thing after Ranked, for sure:
TurdPile wrote:Trial System is next after Ranked is completed.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=18644

To the topic of YouTubers - Its really not worth all that energy on posting those things. Its up to Devs if they want to continue being dishonest to the community, or if they stand up to their own rules and will hold their word that noone is above the rules.

Sadly, staying true to your word in a world where denying it makes you money is the sad reason why we are still bound to this planet only.

FM history:
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Return to Feedback