"Vote for Role" is feckless meta-gaming

Put any feedback about the game here.

"Vote for Role" is feckless meta-gaming

Postby laninuscruiser » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:04 pm

Voting people up for no valid reason other than "they were the first player on the list" should not be encouraged. Some Town roles operate better in secrecy, and forcing them to reveal solely because you couldn't think of anyone better to vote is a poor tactic.
laninuscruiser

Re: "Vote for Role" is feckless meta-gaming

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:06 pm

In most gamemodes right now, the Town is better off by doing VFR than not. If this weren't the case, then players would realize that VFR was a bad strategy and stop doing it. The benefits of VFR include gaining information about players' claims, possibly finding evils based on suspicious claims that they make, and possibly being able to find the Mafia based on their voting patterns. These benefits outweigh the risks of accidentally revealing an important Townie, and that's why players continue with the strategy.

My personal opinion of VFR is that it's not a fun strategy but it's not as bad as some of the alternative/previous metas. Unlike whisper games, at least VFR requires players to talk to each other and coordinate with the entire town rather than just one player. In my opinion the game would be more fun if the Mafia had more ways to get rid of players who claim more important roles, but it is what it is.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:32 am

VFR Is the only ranked strategy that gives the town a chance to win pretty much. Elsewise town will simply be incompetant and you can't tell me I'm wrong. VFR is a really enjoyable strategy and it makes ranked games intense.. You gotta be on your toes, ready to claim and present your arguments.

So.. Nah meta-gaming isn't bad. (Besides those goddamn Jailors who say "Say word for word your attributes quick")
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby DecDecAttack » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:16 am

EqsyLootz wrote:VFR Is the only ranked strategy that gives the town a chance to win pretty much. Elsewise town will simply be incompetant and you can't tell me I'm wrong. VFR is a really enjoyable strategy and it makes ranked games intense.. You gotta be on your toes, ready to claim and present your arguments.

So.. Nah meta-gaming isn't bad. (Besides those goddamn Jailors who say "Say word for word your attributes quick")

You could open up the little role card on the left side of the screen if you don't know, then copy paste it.
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby blackaxe3 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:01 pm

VFR is used so commonly because it works. The game encourages the players to do this by allowing players who use the strategy to win more often.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:23 pm

VFR Can easily be destroyed by scum having a 1 time bypass from protections. obviously some people disagree with such a thing but i think it would make the game more intresting and result in less VFR
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kyuss420 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:18 am

idk what town roles work better in secrecy tho..... TIs wasting time checking them...jailors wasting time jailing them....TPs not protecting them, if they are that important....town voting them up anyway for having no claim.... vigilantes shooting them (for no claim) when they have 4-5 suspects of the remaining 3 evils.....

I mean, in a game where town has to figure out everyones roles, its kind of counter productive to not give a role.....even if scum did have a 1 time bypass from protection (which they do, if witch has a brain), slowing down town by not claiming, is just extra nights scum gain to close the win
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Feedback