[Leaked ToS Email Scam] So it begins (for me)...

Put any feedback about the game here.

[Leaked ToS Email Scam] So it begins (for me)...

Postby tescao » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:33 am

Not sure in which forum to write - probably some else posted it already but I'm currently not active here and don't have the time to check.

---

So yesterday I received my first scam email on my - exclusively for ToS - email, so I know where the origin lies. :|

The sender claims to have have installed malware on all my devices and wants bitcon by claiming they logged browser data to adult websites and threaten to release that content.
THIS IS A SCAM AND A LIE - You and your devices are safe.

The mail is identical to the one described here: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/unfortuna ... mail-scam/

---

They got that email from the ToS data leak years ago and now someone acquired the emails to send out these scams.

These emails were probably mass sent to many other users here.

@admin @mods - Maybe some counter email to make the users aware that this is a scam would be good. As it really can sound concerning.
tescao
Witch
Witch

Re: [Leaked ToS Email Scam] So it begins (for me)...

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:42 pm

Hey there.

So this unfortunately is just how the internet works. Once your email is anywhere in pubic, you get a bunch of spam emails, and yes some phishing emails. Similar to spam calls and scam calls due to your phone number being public, whether it be through yellow pages or not, it's just how it works. I highly doubt the Devs will send out a mass-email for something that happens in any other situation outside of the 2018 leak. As with any other situation of your email (or other personalized information) being shared online, regardless the means, you have to take your own precautions of being safe and knowing what's a scam, who to trust, etc.
i.e: The nigerian prince scam emails, fake 'download' buttons on software websites, etc.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:53 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:Hey there.

So this unfortunately is just how the internet works. Once your email is anywhere in pubic, you get a bunch of spam emails, and yes some phishing emails. Similar to spam calls and scam calls due to your phone number being public, whether it be through yellow pages or not, it's just how it works. I highly doubt the Devs will send out a mass-email for something that happens in any other situation outside of the 2018 leak. As with any other situation of your email (or other personalized information) being shared online, regardless the means, you have to take your own precautions of being safe and knowing what's a scam, who to trust, etc.
i.e: The nigerian prince scam emails, fake 'download' buttons on software websites, etc.

Since when you became red?
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby WildCard65 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:18 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:Hey there.

Since when you became red?

After TurdPile stepped down.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Feedback