Bans

Put any feedback about the game here.

Bans

Postby Invective » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:50 pm

I was banned for gamethrowing for saying "this is my teammate." I've done it several times before to inno players, trying to get them lynched as a "Oh he said that was MEDUSA LYNCH" but it never worked. So, instead, I did the same thing, but called it out as my medusa being my medusa. He didn't get pushed for it. As I anticipated. But they raged and said slurs and got extremely upset d/t my play, and they were the only two to report me (Everyone else was on my side and reported them for harassment, of myself and others) and now I'm banned. Only for a day, but that is a legitimate strategy how are you banning for that? And how are they not banned, if they aren't? 12 people reported them, 2 reported me. AND we won. How are you gonna ban me for that.
Invective

Re: Bans

Postby dbpeanut » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:28 am

While I personally disagree with your ban under my understanding of your portrayal of events, this is not ban appeals.

That being said, I think there needs to be a discussion about how players can be banned for what are legitimate strategies, being as this is a deception game. IE- fake claiming a teammate, trying to do mindgames, so on.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:40 pm

Rules are Rules. Outting yourself as evil is considered gamethrowing. The Jurors and Judges have no way to determain how valid the strategy is or whether it's used for simply gamethrowing. If you have an issue with your ban that you disagree with I suggest making an appeal of which you already did state this is not an appeal.

If you have any further questions I suggest reading up on the ToS Rules and or Juror Guide for further understanding of how the trial system works!
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:59 am

pretty much what eqsy said.

breaking the rules isnt a valid strategy. Outing your team mate is breaking the rules. Theres a reason no one voted up the inno townies you tried it on, because it would be game throwing if they were your team mates, so obviously they werent..... (or they had a solid claim).... outing your teammate who has a questionable claim and putting them in a 1for1 situation isnt a good strategy anyway.....
Last edited by kyuss420 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Feedback