Abnormal Disconnections

Put any feedback about the game here.

Abnormal Disconnections

Postby jordangeville » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:03 pm

I got an abnormal disconnection from a game I was winning and lost 30 points. I've been as high as 1929 and I'm trying to get closer to 2000. I lose a few and I'm working my way back to where I was, and then something that was not my fault whatsoever pushes me back to 1886. This needs to be fixed so you only lose the points if you click on the button and intentionally leave, because unexpected shit happens. Do the right thing and fix that.
jordangeville
Jester
Jester

Re: Abnormal Disconnections

Postby jordangeville » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:07 am

It just happened again. I'm down to 1858. 60 points down the drain. How are people supposed to push for Masters if this keeps happening? People who get booted from your servers involuntarily should not be losing that many points. Figure this out.
jordangeville
Jester
Jester

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:15 am

The problem with making elo losses from leaving only occur if you leave with the in-game button is that it opens up a good few loopholes for throwers to leave games without penalty, such as unplugging their ethernet cable (even just trying to move from ethernet to WiFi mid-game will boot you out) or using some other method of severing their internet connection.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby jordangeville » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:34 pm

It's a big problem with a lot of people and the developers need to find a way to make this fair. It's making me wonder if trying to hit 2000 is a waste of time, which is frustrating because I know under normal circumstances I'd have a chance. I bet it's turned a lot of people off this game.
jordangeville
Jester
Jester

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:07 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:The problem with making elo losses from leaving only occur if you leave with the in-game button is that it opens up a good few loopholes for throwers to leave games without penalty, such as unplugging their ethernet cable (even just trying to move from ethernet to WiFi mid-game will boot you out) or using some other method of severing their internet connection.

You can just set it so that leaving while alive counts as a loss instead of a -30. This way, there would be no advantage to leaving the game while alive. If someone does it to intentionally troll, well, not even a -100 would discourage them from doing it.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby jordangeville » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:05 pm

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Is there a way to appeal to get my points back? I'm up to 1969, I play ONE game on my lunch break to try and get closer to 2000, and boom, disconnect, knocked back AGAIN. I was hoping to stream hitting 2000 tomorrow night but I guess that's not happening now. This is NOT my Internet.
jordangeville
Jester
Jester

Postby jordangeville » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:29 pm

Following up on my previous complaints: It just happened while I was streaming. Once I render the video and pull the clip I will have irrefutable video proof that I did not click the disconnect button and it was not my Internet. Will someone please answer yes or no, can I appeal this and get my points back?
jordangeville
Jester
Jester

Postby Yemac » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:36 am

jordangeville wrote:Following up on my previous complaints: It just happened while I was streaming. Once I render the video and pull the clip I will have irrefutable video proof that I did not click the disconnect button and it was not my Internet. Will someone please answer yes or no, can I appeal this and get my points back?

I don't think you can appeal for points, as they probably can't solve that for you. All we can do is wait until the devs fix Unity and make the connection more stable. It's getting more and more laggy for me ti seems
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby CapWarrior2 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:56 am

Yemac wrote:
jordangeville wrote:Following up on my previous complaints: It just happened while I was streaming. Once I render the video and pull the clip I will have irrefutable video proof that I did not click the disconnect button and it was not my Internet. Will someone please answer yes or no, can I appeal this and get my points back?

I don't think you can appeal for points, as they probably can't solve that for you. All we can do is wait until the devs fix Unity and make the connection more stable. It's getting more and more laggy for me ti seems

Hopefully this new magic announcements lead to a new update with bug fixes, and who knows maybe even a new season.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Yemac » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:56 am

CapWarrior2 wrote:
Yemac wrote:

Hopefully this new magic announcements lead to a new update with bug fixes, and who knows maybe even a new season.

The new season just started though, but an update where Unity and the game gets more stable is something I'm hoping it is
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Return to Feedback