How many TOS developers are people of color?

Put any feedback about the game here.

How many TOS developers are people of color?

Postby cshizzle » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:02 pm

Every time I join a a game there is always a warning about not making racist comments nor joking about racism.

That's all fine and good, racism is disgusting and I fully support the banning racist players. However, I think we should hold the developers of this game to the same standards as the players.

How many black game developers does TOS employ? If the answer is zero, why is that the case and why do you refuse to hire any brothers?
cshizzle
Doctor
Doctor

Re: How many TOS developers are people of color?

Postby Flavorable » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Keep in mind that BMG isn't a big company by any stretch of the imagination. The company is basically 2 brothers, their friend, 2(?) artists and a QA-guy. The former QA guy was black, this much I do know. And they don't hold specifics for race, color, gender or creed. They're just a couple friends making a game. They haven't actively hired anyone (including staff, we're all volunteers) for anything in years, as far as I know, since the game doesn't really provide the amount of money it would take to keep hiring people. The game started out as an idea in a college, if I recall my chat with Brandon correctly.

And as a bit of personal input: I find the idea of people having to pass over others solely to hire minorities (i.e. being forced to have x amount of women at the top, despite maybe the men applying having better credentials/experience/expertise/e.t.c.) to be discriminatory in and of itself. Personally I feel like people should be hired by their skills and abilities, not skin color or gender, but that's just my two cents.

Regardless, our Mod team and Judge time, however, is extremely diverse. We've got American, European, different skin colors, different ages, different sexes and different sexual preferences and I can definitely say that I have never noticed any of us being treated less equally based on anything discriminatory by the development team.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:28 am

I agree with flavorable, several major companies in my country pride themselves over looking non discriminatory by hiring females and people of color, to the point they hire females over males, just to keep the %s up, so they can say ''we hire 40% females''.

As for people of colour, they are mainly hired because the mines they build are usually situated on tribal land. Giving them jobs is a way of paying them off, to get further permissions from the tribes, to plunder more of their tribal land, to increase profits in their corporate bank accounts.

End of the day, this results in the managers and decision makers being mainly high paid white men, while the shit kickers are made up of 40% women, 40% people of colour, 10% white men. So while in theory it looks good on paper, in practice its just as discriminatory as hiring people based on their merits and skill sets. Just an excuse for billionaire fat cats to justify their money hoarding.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby James » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:21 am

cshizzle wrote:Every time I join a a game there is always a warning about not making racist comments nor joking about racism.

That's all fine and good, racism is disgusting and I fully support the banning racist players. However, I think we should hold the developers of this game to the same standards as the players.

How many black game developers does TOS employ? If the answer is zero, why is that the case and why do you refuse to hire any brothers?

>Racism is disgusting
>Proceeds to say racist thing by reducing black people to just their color
James
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Descender » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:32 am

ah
it appears you all have fallen for the classic blunder, "responding to a cshizzle post"
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:43 am

I'm guessing this is a troll?

Not getting too deep into stupid arguments you hear enough of it during lobbies and waiting. But like it's a small company bro I don't think people have to go out their way to tick a box
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby CheezePie » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:57 am

James wrote:
cshizzle wrote:Every time I join a a game there is always a warning about not making racist comments nor joking about racism.

>Racism is disgusting
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Flavorable » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:31 am

CheezePie wrote:
James wrote:

>Racism is disgusting

@CheezePie: A post has to consist of more than just quoting someone else, otherwise it counts as spam. Please consider this a public "warning".
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CheezePie » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:40 pm

It meant "agreement".
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:27 pm

CheezePie wrote:It meant "agreement".

THIS

just talk and they wont notice
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:09 pm

Posting solely to indicate agreement is also not allowed.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CheezePie » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Brilliand wrote:

Posting solely to indicate agreement is also not allowed.

Why not? Is it not allowed to agree with someone?
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:48 pm

CheezePie wrote:Why not? Is it not allowed to agree with someone?

Because that's all you're doing. Agreement or disagreement by itself is not considered enough content for a post - there needs to be some sort of explanation.

If your only reaction is the equivalent of a Reddit upvote... then it isn't worth making a post. And since this forum doesn't have an upvote mechanism, all that's left is to agree silently.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CheezePie » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:01 pm

Brilliand wrote:
CheezePie wrote:Why not? Is it not allowed to agree with someone?

Because that's all you're doing. Agreement or disagreement by itself is not considered enough content for a post - there needs to be some sort of explanation.

If your only reaction is the equivalent of a Reddit upvote... then it isn't worth making a post. And since this forum doesn't have an upvote mechanism, all that's left is to agree silently.

I don't see the point of this thread or these questions about BMG's employees. I fail to see how that is related to racism; a company would generally hire people who can do their job, not just based on their gender, appearance, and what not. I also agree with James that there is a bit of hypocrisy in cshizzle's post.
I would rather not bother with this too much, since it's probably just a troll.

there
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby James2 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:32 pm

"Everyone is conservative about what he knows best" - Conquest's First Law of Politics

It's one thing to direct their volunteers to spend time policing the game for wrongthink. It's quite another to waste real money on diversity hires. The devs, like most white liberals, retain a certain amount of common sense regarding things that would have an immediate negative impact on themselves.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Feedback