Medium can confirm in jail too easy by copying dead chat

Put any feedback about the game here.

Medium can confirm in jail too easy by copying dead chat

Postby delaware22 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Medium can copy/paste messages from dead chat in real time to jailor.
While this CAN be faked, it'd be extremely tedious for a fake med to do so requiring a LOT of planning ahead. This lets med confirm themselves to jailor in many circumstances.

fix is straightforward: prevent copy/paste while in jail or disable dead chat for jailed medium.
delaware22
Jester
Jester

Re: Medium can confirm in jail too easy by copying dead chat

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:49 pm

This isn’t exclusive to jail. Mediums do this all of the time.

I think Mediums should only be able to copy dead chat during the night, unless they are jailed.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:24 pm

The devs are considering reworking the Medium. Maybe this will solve the problem?

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:I think Mediums should only be able to copy dead chat during the night, unless they are jailed.

If copy/paste is blocked, typing it isn't that much harder (at least for a fast typist), so I doubt this will change much.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CheezePie » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:49 pm

The thing is, it's not just in jail; even on stand, as a medium, you are asked to copy and paste stuff from the dead chat, which is quite easy to do by going back into the chat log, and quite hard to fake, unless you have some fake stuff already written.
Brilliand wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:I think Mediums should only be able to copy dead chat during the night, unless they are jailed.

If copy/paste is blocked, typing it isn't that much harder (at least for a fast typist), so I doubt this will change much.

Copying and pasting is still much faster, especially if there's a lot of people talking... that's part of what confirms the medium in the first place. It's obviously OK to type what the dead are saying, since, y'know, that's basically the medium's role.
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:21 pm

Fake dead chat is not that hard just put down some generic shit and the dead arguing and being toxic like all ranked dead chats and ur good
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Return to Feedback