Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:25 am

I disagree with you
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:02 pm

boblong2018 wrote:Witch is bad in tt mode because witch has to die to activate tt countdown , sometimes mafia even write in their will that witch should leave to their tt can win....
I suggest replacing witch with jester so jester's lynch can benefit tt countdown
If you disagree with me , pls reply .

I was with you until you mentioned the Jester. Witch is bad in TT and Jester would be even worse.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:22 pm

At no point ever has any role list ever been improved by adding a Jester or the chance for one to exist
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Superalex11 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:30 pm

TT witch is in a horrible place. Mafia is as well with its 36% winrate, but at least that's at ranked levels. Witch on the other hand has about a 14% winrate, compared to its ranked 21%. In TT, mafia have actual incentive to get rid of the witch so the timer starts sooner, and I find it's even often the case that town lets witch live because of how useful she is in halting that timer, while remaining useless for anything else.

I don't know about switching witch to jester, or even switching her out at all. I think witch just needs to be tweaked to be more of a team member to the maf, since that is her only team.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Superalex11 wrote:TT witch is in a horrible place. Mafia is as well with its 36% winrate, but at least that's at ranked levels. Witch on the other hand has about a 14% winrate, compared to its ranked 21%. In TT, mafia have actual incentive to get rid of the witch so the timer starts sooner, and I find it's even often the case that town lets witch live because of how useful she is in halting that timer, while remaining useless for anything else.

I don't know about switching witch to jester, or even switching her out at all. I think witch just needs to be tweaked to be more of a team member to the maf, since that is her only team.
Perhaps, but in the absence of the ability to tweak the Witch (because this is the TT role list thread and not the balance thread) the next best thing is to swap out Witch for an RM

Which I have been advocating for since this role list came out
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Superalex11 wrote:I think witch just needs to be tweaked to be more of a team member to the maf, since that is her only team.

Do you have a specific proposal? It seems to me it's hard to tweak the Witch for TT, since whatever changes are made need to be at least harmless in Ranked (and obviously the TT Witch can't become a different role from the Ranked Witch).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MisterAnger » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:47 pm

I would like to suggest swapping 1 town role for maybe NB or anything I would be open to suggestions.
MisterAnger
Witch
Witch

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:38 pm

I get this is a semi-necro but here's a suggested rolelist:

Jailor
Investigator
Mayor
Lookout
Doctor
Town Investigative
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Mafioso
Godfather
Random Mafia
Random Mafia

- Mayor is included so that Town has at least 2 power roles, so that if one is the TT it doesn't become a mafia auto win.
- Sheriff is swapped with Investigator because sheriff sucks ass in traitor mode
- Witch replaced with random mafia because it should've been this way from the start
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby cob709 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:54 pm

OreCreeper wrote:I get this is a semi-necro but here's a suggested rolelist:

Jailor
Investigator
Mayor
Lookout
Doctor
Town Investigative
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Mafioso
Godfather
Random Mafia
Random Mafia

- Mayor is included so that Town has at least 2 power roles, so that if one is the TT it doesn't become a mafia auto win.
- Sheriff is swapped with Investigator because sheriff sucks ass in traitor mode
- Witch replaced with random mafia because it should've been this way from the start

But..What if both are town? Then it's a town auto win.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 pm

cob709 wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:I get this is a semi-necro but here's a suggested rolelist:

Jailor
Investigator
Mayor
Lookout
Doctor
Town Investigative
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Mafioso
Godfather
Random Mafia
Random Mafia

But..What if both are town? Then it's a town auto win.

Not really an auto-win, since they still both have the potential to be TT, meaning town wouldn't trust them as much. And if you make a mistake as jailor or mayor, it's way more likely you'd get lynched for it over if a less important role messes up. Besides, having mafia know their entire team at the start is extremely helpful (as seen in coven tt).
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Previous

Return to Feedback