Town is OP now in ranked

Put any feedback about the game here.

Town is OP now in ranked

Postby formsalem » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:51 pm

Since the new update I have played something like 20 games in ranked, and never won a single game as mafia, NK, or NE. Town won all 20 games, without exceptions. If you are getting an evil role or NE, you can just throw or leave because 80-100% chance you are going to lose anyway.

NK and NE now don't support maf, so it's really easy for the town to win. Worst role update ever, not fun at all. If you get town role, yea fun, because you are almost guaranteed to win.
formsalem

Re: Town is OP now in ranked

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:00 pm

formsalem wrote:Since the new update I have played something like 20 games in ranked, and never won a single game as mafia, NK, or NE. Town won all 20 games, without exceptions. If you are getting an evil role or NE, you can just throw or leave because 80-100% chance you are going to lose anyway.

NK and NE now don't support maf, so it's really easy for the town to win. Worst role update ever, not fun at all. If you get town role, yea fun, because you are almost guaranteed to win.

First of all, my first game of ranked. Evils won. If you can't win as evil, quite frankly that's on you. Your job as evil is to play well, good evils can win often if they play correctly.
Second of all if you throw or leave you will be suspended/banned immediately.
I've actually looked at some of your reports and it seems like a few of them are valid. Mainly this one
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3789186

So if I were you, I'd ease on the side of caution unless you're willing to lose your account.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby formsalem » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:31 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
formsalem wrote:Since the new update I have played something like 20 games in ranked, and never won a single game as mafia, NK, or NE. Town won all 20 games, without exceptions. If you are getting an evil role or NE, you can just throw or leave because 80-100% chance you are going to lose anyway.

First of all, my first game of ranked. Evils won. If you can't win as evil, quite frankly that's on you. Your job as evil is to play well, good evils can win often if they play correctly.
Second of all if you throw or leave you will be suspended/banned immediately.
I've actually looked at some of your reports and it seems like a few of them are valid. Mainly this one
https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewReport.php?id=3789186

So if I were you, I'd ease on the side of caution unless you're willing to lose your account.

1. Most of this games I were town role.
2. IDC about ban, it's my like 10th account in all this years. I can just buy a new copy of the game, so banning is pointless; Unless you want to make BMG rich in 5$.
3. Not even fun throwing anymore, so I kinda stop, because it boring. This new role list sucks in every way possible.
4. "you will be suspended/banned immediately" I hope it's a joke, I know people that being throwing like a year or two with the same account without getting banned for years.
formsalem

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:17 am

Heres problems from the list

1. Nk is a inherently swingy role, it screws over one faction more then the other, a lot of the time it ends up killing a important mafia role such as mafioso, but other games it might end up killing jailor, leading the game more into a 3 factions vs style instead of 2 factions, which inherently causes game imbalance.
2. Mafia now have 4-5 allies, depending on the neutral evil, lucky if you get a witch which generally will side with mafia (not forced to anymore) while jester/exe act really independent of mafia sharing the same slot as witch makes no sense it's like if neutral killing had a objective to "kill the mayor" Neutral evil should generally have "live to see the town lose" win condition, if Jester/exe are independent roles they need to be apart of Benign or Chaos.
3. Arsonist and werewolf are RNG roles they dependent on random visitors generally, both need a rework, Arso was fine before the buff, they could have done something else if they needed.

The list is meh, the old list didn't work well for different reasons but this one is a downgrade balance wise, being dependent on a 3rd party as evil faction really sucks and makes no sense
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby blackaxe3 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:04 pm

I have certainly noticed an increase in the number of Town victories but this is far better than the previous evil-OP list where every game was decided D2. The current list is actually pretty interesting with 5 rts but I do hope they try out multiple lists like last time.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 pm

blackaxe3 wrote:I have certainly noticed an increase in the number of Town victories but this is far better than the previous evil-OP list where every game was decided D2. The current list is actually pretty interesting with 5 rts but I do hope they try out multiple lists like last time.

I wouldn't be opposed to Nks coming back if arso and ww weren't awful RNG roles, Jester/exe sharing the same slot as witch is also a problem I think the list in general is fine, the roles in the list aren't.

1Faction vs 1Faction works better for a more balanced "ranked setting
having 1F vs 1F vs NK + NE, has inherit swing, kingsmakers ect. It isn't well balanced in a sense of fairness, not to mention Nks like ww can unintentionally play good and still screw over other evils.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Feedback