The phobia problem.

Put any feedback about the game here.

The phobia problem.

Postby trevormoore » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:54 pm

It seems like almost whenever I try to bring this up on Reddit, the mods shut me down. Frankly, it's disheartening. So I'm asking the mods that aren't LGBT+ or minorities that may not relate to what I am about to say to look at this from the POV of a minority that has to deal with this. And I'm asking the mods that fall into those categories to please hear me out as well. No, I am not saying 'no diverse mods exist' or any other negative way you can/will/want to interpret it. But after being shut down on this so many times, I am a bit tired.

Been playing this game forever. Since about a year or two after release I think. Before I came out as transgender, I used my AFAB name which is Japanese and very feminine. I was harassed over this name in game and when I complained on Steam, was told basically to get over it, use a new name, etc. Instead of tackling the harassment issue in the game of course. Victim blaming was a major thing against me as well.

So this issue of racism and harassment isn't exactly new. Not to me at least.

I was banned for defending myself when someone called me a paedo. I was unbanned, obviously, but it took months. I can report people on the forum for calling me a slur and see them not get banned because 'no valid reports on this user,' however. But defending yourself is banworthy within days of doing so. It's a bit unfair.

You can take a look at all of my posts to see the level of hatespeech this userbase faces on a daily basis. I had to quit playing due to the amount of hatred being spewed at not only me but people LIKE me. I have been mocked for my ethnicity, my name, being gay/bi/trans, I have been mocked for everything you can think of. And I know I am not the only one.

"What can we do about it?" There is, from my side, so much more that can be done. Keeping your marginalized users safe is very important. I can speak for myself that the hatred spewed in this game effected me negatively, ergo the break, and ergo me regretting coming back to this game. There are many things that can be done.

More mods. TOS needs more mods. Mods that might be able to ban someone the moment (or shortly after as opposed to days) a valid HSH report comes in. I know, it sounds tedious, unneeded, it sounds awful... but your marginalized userbase is NOT being kept safe at ALL right now. We can get in trouble for leaving while alive because someone called us the f-slur or the t-slur, but it takes so bloody long for those people to leave. Can't do anything to keep them from coming back, but you can make it less easy by having them banned shortly after committing offenses.

PLENTY of people are willing to mod and make this game safe.

Another issue seems to be that the mods/admins are very busy with IRL, which is VALID. Let me say it again: THIS IS VALID. But I know of many people including myself waiting on stuff from admins and it's taking forever. The staff are the only ones that can make this situation better. But I don't understand why they haven't tackled this issue already, when it's been going on forever.

It feels like TOS might never be safe for people like me. And if that's the case I'll have to leave, and I don't want that. I really don't. Please. I'm begging. Can we all come together as a community and try to make this place safer? "Hatespeech, harassment, homophobia, transphobia, racism have no place in a place like this and are not welcome." Well, it's welcome apparently, because nothing is being done. That's how it comes off.

(BTW, I can't do the trial system, because my username still hasn't been changed... after months.)
April 4, 1980 – August 7, 2021
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Re: The phobia problem.

Postby Flavorable » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:24 am

First thing first: I'm sorry it's taken so long to update your username. Sadly, our Admin has been away for a while, but I've sent it through to the Devs for you, so hopefully, you should be set now.

Moving on: First and foremost, I'm very sorry to hear you've been having so many issues with hatefulness towards you. Sadly, people can be extreme assholes, especially when they get to "go loose" anonymously on the internet. Always keep in mind that it's not you as a person they're attacking, and that in most cases, these types of people say these things because they're troubled and have come to a point where even negative attention is good attention.

And yes, I can imagine it not being a great feeling that you get suspended for trying to get out of a situation by breaking the rules yourself, but on the other hand, there's 13 other people in a game beside you and said harasser, they also get impacted if you leave a match. This is why the ignore function is even more important to use.

As for your reporting on the forums: Sadly, we cannot suspend or ban people without an open report. If there's no reports on someone, there's nothing we can physically do. Getting more Mods is not going to change this.
However: What you can do, and this is something I've always been open to: If you have someone consistently harassing you, game after game, and they do get reported, contact me, preferably on Discord (because notifications make it quicker), and I'm more than happy to look into it as soon as I can spare a minute. I generally pride myself on taking care of situations like these fairly quickly.

As for you feeling ToS might never be safe for people like you: While ToS still has a free-to-play option via Mobile, there's always going to be trolls. And sadly, on the internet in general, there will always be trolls, so even if the game went full on pay-to-play, these things would sadly still happen. And I say this with full confidence, because sadly, I still see people saying perm-worthy stuff on premium accounts on an almost daily basis.

The sad fact is: We can't change people. We can get rid of them as we come across them, but we can't change them. They, however, can change us as human beings, so one has to do everything in their power to keep standing above them. And while it's not the easiest "solution", it really is important to keep reminding yourself that it's not you as a person they're attacking. It's you as an anonymous being behind a computer these trolls are trying to get a rise out of and sadly, the more attention they get and the more they notice it working, the more they continue. It's like poorly trained dogs that keep getting yelled at if they eat your shoe. They get attention for eating your shoe, so they continue to eat your shoe.

We always try our best to give priority to phobic cases, not because of "minorities", but solely because we want this community to be accepting, non-discriminatory and safe. And sadly, sometimes something doesn't get reported and a person gets away, for a while. But these types of people tend to not go long before breaking the rules again and then can be dealt with still. Is it the best solution? Not really. But the fact is that this is a mostly Trial-run punishment system, which works great in some aspects, and less in others.

The best advice I still have is: Report it, mute them and move on. The main thing they want is to get a rise out of people and to get attention. And be proud of yourself! No one in the world gets to influence you on how you feel about yourself. And yes, that's definitely sometimes harder than it needs to be. But while we can't change people, we can be in control of how we react to it. And of course, that never ever means "just ignore it, it'll go away", but it means: Take action, but do not let them get to us. And take pride into thinking that in 10 years time, you are still a strong person, who stood up for themselves, who did not let trolls get to them, while all these trolls have to look back on is how they were feeling so bad about their own lives or so bored with their own lives, all they achieved in this time, was trying to get a rise out of people and failing.

And it's important to always note that if you're struggling, or you know someone ingame who's struggling, and you need support or someone to talk to, I'm sure I speak for all the staff when I say you're always welcome to privately contact any of us, be it via PMs or via Discord, and we'll be there to listen and to help in any way we can.

And regardless of which decision to take, be it to leave or to stay: I wish you all the luck and strength in the world. Don't let no one get you down.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby trevormoore » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:25 am

Thank you for the very thoughtful reply. Not that I expected the worst from staff, but I wasn't expecting that level of kindness. I guess I've lost the ability to hope for the best in this community. And, again, nothing I brought up was meant to be taken as an attack on staff. It's just... a lot, I guess. If my username finally gets changed I can join the Discord. I do/did have a few specific users reghunting me I'll try to remember the names of and get them to you.

I don't feel strong knowing I am playing a game with people who want people like me to die in the streets or take our own lives. But I'm trying. I do appreciate your empathy (or sympathy, not making assumptions I promise) on this topic. It does mean a lot to me, and I'm sure the other people impacted by this vitriol.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby trevormoore » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:42 am

It's been bad the last 2 nights. Horrendously bad actually. There's a level of toxicity that is just so insane. You make a mistake in a game, you get reghunted. You get insulted, trolled, etc. You win a game, same thing. Reghunting has become such a huge huge huge problem.

If anyone else is willing to share stories of how they overcome the level of toxicity in this game be it phobias or just harassment I'd like to hear from you.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:38 pm

James2 wrote:
Flavorable wrote:We always try our best to give priority to phobic cases, not because of "minorities", but solely because we want this community to be accepting, non-discriminatory and safe.

Obviously, BMG's staff cares very deeply about the feelings of minorities and people with weird sexual habits. The OP knows this, as does everyone else who's interacted with BMG in any capacity. That's why she's using false accusations of lack-of-concern as a way of eliciting sympathy from you, because she knows that you actually do care and will be deeply bothered by the thought of being seen as uncaring. If she actually believed what she were saying about BMG not caring about her feelings, she'd restrict herself to complaining about the company on Twitter or Reddit or whatever, as posting here would be a waste of time.

He*. I am a transman.

I do not believe in cancelling companies on Twitter, and I have been on Reddit (as stated in my post) to be shut down by the exact same moderator every time. But whatever you want to believe, go ahead. But don't misgender me, you are proving EXACTLY what I am saying is wrong with this community. Especially when it is mentioned I am not a femme in my very first post.

Also: weird sexual habits? The LGBT+ community is born this way. Kindly get your phobia right the hell away from me.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:49 pm

I don't believe James purposefully misgendered you rather it was an accident.
If you witness Transphobia in game be sure to report as that will lead to instant banning.
Usually the reddit mod will close the discussion should they believe it's getting out of hand or just generally toxic.
So yeah... unfortunately there's nothing BMG can really do to counter act people on the internet being a-holes.
So either don't let the random opinion of some guy on the internet effect you or maybe take a break from the game.
But yeah, sorry.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:04 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:I don't believe James purposefully misgendered you rather it was an accident.
If you witness Transphobia in game be sure to report as that will lead to instant banning.
Usually the reddit mod will close the discussion should they believe it's getting out of hand or just generally toxic.
So yeah... unfortunately there's nothing BMG can really do to counter act people on the internet being a-holes.
So either don't let the random opinion of some guy on the internet effect you or maybe take a break from the game.
But yeah, sorry.

I appreciate you but it had to be intentional re: James. Because in my post it mentions I am not a femme and I am AFAB. If I'm AFAB and transgender, that only leaves one other binary gender to transition to. It's not easy to not let the random opinions get to me when it is, literally, who I was born as being attacked. If it isn't transphobia, it's homophobia. If neither, it's racism (I am a POC as well). BMG can do things, and most importantly, are doing things. It's not instant, but it's better than nothing.

All I wanted was to point out the issues. I appreciate you being calm and rational about it and hearing me out none the less.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:19 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:I don't believe James purposefully misgendered you rather it was an accident.
But yeah, sorry.

As someone who has known James since 2016 - believe me, it was intentional. He has a long history of pissing off LGBTQ+ people for fun.

Guarantee you the next words from him are either "But I get triggered by nominalism" or "If gender can be fluid, surely pronouns can be. Just imagine the S"

Can we also talk about the 'weird sexual habits' comment? As if there isn't more than enough proof gay/bi/pan/ace/etc. people are born into their sexualities? If being gay is just a weird sexual habit I guess my husband is gonna be shocked and in awe that he and I weren't born this way. Will we get divorced over the wisdom of a TOS user? Stay tuned!
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:22 pm

"Homosexuality is a pathological condition of mind that causes people to engage in biologically maladaptive behavior. It is by definition a mental disorder."

And this man has been allowed to stay not only on the forums, but in the game? Yeah. My belief in the staff has gone out the window now.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:41 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
But yeah, sorry.

As someone who has known James since 2016 - believe me, it was intentional. He has a long history of pissing off LGBTQ+ people for fun.

Guarantee you the next words from him are either "But I get triggered by nominalism" or "If gender can be fluid, surely pronouns can be. Just imagine the S"

Jesus Christ-
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:14 pm

Let me make sure I have the full story really quick.

1. The community is unsafe and toxic and bringing it up anywhere but here gets it shut down.
2. The staff/volunteers/etc. have been letting someone spit vitriol about homosexuality being a mental illness while simultaneously saying they're keeping us safe and doing their best.
3. Basically, the staff are stretched too thin and can't properly balance the time a community like this needs... with their real lives.

I don't know what to say. I think it's time I tried to get myself banned so I can leave for good.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:34 pm

Dixonova wrote:Let me make sure I have the full story really quick.

1. The community is unsafe and toxic and bringing it up anywhere but here gets it shut down.
2. The staff/volunteers/etc. have been letting someone spit vitriol about homosexuality being a mental illness while simultaneously saying they're keeping us safe and doing their best.
3. Basically, the staff are stretched too thin and can't properly balance the time a community like this needs... with their real lives.

I don't know what to say. I think it's time I tried to get myself banned so I can leave for good.

1. You didn't really show what caused it to get shutdown.
2. To say they let someone do this is odd given you can't expect a team of 3 GMODS and 4 Judges to handle thousands of people playing this game.
3. Staff have real lives and can't babysit a community 24/7

Anyways, good luck with whatever you end up doing.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:38 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:

2. To say they let someone do this is odd given you can't expect a team of 3 GMODS and 4 Judges to handle thousands of people playing this game.

Then they need to shut the damn game down. It's a dangeorous and toxic community. What causes my shit to get shutdown is literally all the points I made in this very thread. I am almost always calm, I am always trying to be rational and not insult people. Yes, they let this person do this. Inaction is as bad as action sometimes. Marginalized people don't deserve to deal with this shit. Okay, they have real lives, as I have said a million times... hire more volunteers to help out.

How am I the only one that sees this as an issue? Holy hell this community...
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:10 pm

Dixonova wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:

Then they need to shut the damn game down. It's a dangeorous and toxic community. What causes my shit to get shutdown is literally all the points I made in this very thread. I am almost always calm, I am always trying to be rational and not insult people. Yes, they let this person do this. Inaction is as bad as action sometimes. Marginalized people don't deserve to deal with this shit. Okay, they have real lives, as I have said a million times... hire more volunteers to help out.

The devs won't shut the game down when they make a profit and many community members enjoy the game.
If you're upset with the game, do as you said and leave the community.
Nobody is forcing you to be here.
I'm sorry but there's always going to be a few bad people in a community, any community... Not just Town of Salem.
That's just the joys of the internet where people can try to piss others off without any real consequences.
Also the staff aren't paid, so it's not hiring and only extremely trusted people who are carefully hand selected can be staff. As of right now, there are volunteers (jurors) who vote inside the trial system. Anyone can be a juror if they have 151+ games played and aren't banned. They vote if a player deserves to be banned or not.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:22 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
Dixonova wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:

The devs won't shut the game down when they make a profit and many community members enjoy the game.
I'm sorry but there's always going to be a few bad people in a community, any community... Not just Town of Salem.
That's just the joys of the internet where people can try to piss others off without any real consequences.
Also the staff aren't paid, so it's not hiring and only extremely trusted people who are carefully hand selected can be staff. As of right now, there are volunteers (jurors) who vote inside the trial system. Anyone can be a juror if they have 151+ games played and aren't banned. They vote if a player deserves to be banned or not.

Look friend. All I am trying to say is that there are serious issues here. And they were proven in this very thread. I love this game, I love the staff for what they do manage to do. I used to moderate online, I know how hard it can be. But if a space isn't safe for anyone, forget the LGBT+ and POC, if a space isn't safe then steps need to be taken to make it safe.

Having IRL is fine. It's valid. I am not invalidating it despite my anger. I'm trying to remain calm. I am hopelessly addicted to this game despite it hurting me, I adore this game and there is no other like it out there. All I want is for it to be safe for everyone, not just people like me. You have to understand where I am coming from. This community is toxic to a horrible level. And I know I will ALWAYS come back to it unless I'm permabanned. I don't want to be banned, I don't want it to come to that. I'm really trying not to attack anyone here and I'm trying to be as calm and polite as I can and yet I can see I'm still coming off as an asshole. And for that I'm genuinely sorry.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:33 pm

Dixonova wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:
Dixonova wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:

Look friend. All I am trying to say is that there are serious issues here. And they were proven in this very thread. I love this game, I love the staff for what they do manage to do. I used to moderate online, I know how hard it can be. But if a space isn't safe for anyone, forget the LGBT+ and POC, if a space isn't safe then steps need to be taken to make it safe.

Having IRL is fine. It's valid. I am not invalidating it despite my anger. I'm trying to remain calm. I am hopelessly addicted to this game despite it hurting me, I adore this game and there is no other like it out there. All I want is for it to be safe for everyone, not just people like me. You have to understand where I am coming from. This community is toxic to a horrible level. And I know I will ALWAYS come back to it unless I'm permabanned. I don't want to be banned, I don't want it to come to that. I'm really trying not to attack anyone here and I'm trying to be as calm and polite as I can and yet I can see I'm still coming off as an asshole. And for that I'm genuinely sorry.

You aren't coming off as an a-hole.. I completely understand your frustration just I have to take the staff teams side here as it's extremely difficult to deal with people like this.
I hope there's ways to fix the problem. But frankly the only way to fix the problem is by having more jurors voting. (However based on what I've seen there's been a major shortage in voters recently)
Maybe I should get back into voting... who knows.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:41 pm

[Edited due to the contents]
(Since apparently I can't delete this post..?)
Last edited by EqsyLootz on Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:43 pm

And you're a transphobic asshole. I am not a woman, I am a MAN. 'Transsexual' is not the right term. I cannot change my sex, I was born a woman, I will always be AFAB. Transgender is what I am and proud I am to be. Go look at my report history of posts, I only bring it up when I have to. You are just an idiot and the staff are supporting your right to be transphobic.

Guess what? You won't make me not trans. I am a transman, happily married to someone I've been with since I was 12, I am a lot of important things. An artist, a student, an activist, and more importantly: a human. I'm a transman, my family loves and accepts me as their son and grandson, my husband accepts me as his husband. You're just such a fucking idiot that you think if you attack people like me on the internet you'll win the fake war you people started against my community.

I'm trans and proud. I'm not a woman. You're proving my fucking points here. Why don't you fuck off?

Edit to add if it matters: wasn't even born in a western country, was identifying as trans before I ever moved to a western country. I left my country because of the marginalization of my people in said country, I was a bloody refugee. So just fuck off, you're not welcome to comment on my life.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:09 pm

James2 wrote:I can guarantee you that no one on staff agrees with me.

Japan isn't nearly as woke as the west, but it's still pretty liberal in these matters, at least in the urban areas. Even if you were from the Middle East or whatever, that still wouldn't make you "marginalized" now that you live in the west.

The forum reports you've made focus (naturally) on the comments being reported, not whatever led up to them. In any case, if people are insulting you for how you identify, it's because you told them. You aren't required to do that. The overwhelming majority of people I've played ToS with never had any idea about my race, sex, politics, religion, etc. The same is true for most people who play the game.

Literally not even born in Japan. You really think you know me. It's so laughable. I'm not going to tell you where I was born, but you can figure out which country has a large percent of Japanese, Korean, and Mongolian people as well as North Asian natives. You really are just trying to grab at whatever straws you can to invalidate my existence and it's so fucking funny that it isn't working. God, dude. Deadass? Get a life. I'm in the hospital for months at a time, I have an excuse to be on the laptop so much. What's your excuse for being a shitstain to everyone you come into contact with?
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby trevormoore » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:08 am

At this point I'm more offended at the accusation this is all for pity/attention. The assumption that the LGBT+ community outs hatespeech and phobia for pity is pretty fucking ridiculous. If I wanted pity, I'd be asking for donations for my surgeries or hormones. If I wanted pity, I'd look for pity. I'm not looking for that here. I'm trying to make a damn change in a game that I absolutely adore.

Kirize is correct. I could go into EVERY game and say 'I am a biracial transgender bisexual immigrant,' and that doesn't give people the right to call me a slur. The right to tell me to stfu, to keep politics out of the game? Yes.

There are users who go into lobbies and the first message I see (check my reports) is 'LGBT+ PEOPLE LEAVE, NORMAL PEOPLE ONLY!' but of course them doing that must be my fault because they must've predicted I'm a transgender man, right? The argument that it's my fault, or that I am trying to make staff actively feel bad is really fucking offensive.

This level of victim blaming and misgendering is vindictive. This is a person who wants people like me dead. Misgendering has a very direct link to suicide in transgender people. I will not say how my mental state is right now, but I'll say this person is actively hurting trans people and doesn't care because we're just mentally ill to him.

So you can bully the mentally ill, apparently. As long as they fall into your belief system of what is 'wrong with the world.' Hell. I don't even care if he's a Trump supporter or not, I'm not even American. He might not be either. But this entire system of 'trans people aren't marginalized, let me bully them to suicide' is disgusting.

And is taking place right before our very eyes. Magical. Jumping in to disprove my claims only to literally prove them. Blissful.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby trevormoore » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:30 am

NOT threatening my life here. Nor to hurt myself. I have a support system and, shockingly enough, people who give two shits and a fuck about me.

YOU are the bully here. I don't dislike you, I dislike the circlejerk cult that turned a person like you into such a hateful human being. Trans people ARE oppressed. If you are American, you live in a country actively trying to harm trans youth. But you spend your time instead coming here to torment the LGBT+ community because you have nothing else going for you in life.

Yeah, totally manipulating here by citing the fact that misgendering and general transphobia is linked to suicide.

You are, point blank, a horrible human being. Hatespeech is not a disagreement, you want people like me dead and that is why you do this and I have no idea why staff have let you do this for so damn long. Nor why you haven't gotten a life and went out and done something other than make the internet a worse place. Ballad of Billy John vibes from you completely.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:30 am

not to imply that James2's posts weren't deleted for good reason, because knowing him and from the snippets that remain in quotes I'm sure the reason was very good

however

This now looks like a bunch of people all on the same side escalating an argument they aren't having to insane levels for no reason

And that's probably not an ideal solution either
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby trevormoore » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:06 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:not to imply that James2's posts weren't deleted for good reason, because knowing him and from the snippets that remain in quotes I'm sure the reason was very good

however

This now looks like a bunch of people all on the same side escalating an argument they aren't having to insane levels for no reason

And that's probably not an ideal solution either

Yeah that's why I didn't delete the quoted snippets. I didn't want it to fully look like we're all arguing for the same thing over each other. I'm much calmer now and open to proper discussion that doesn't boil down to 'you are mentally ill and threatening suicide by telling us that misgendering is directly linked to suicide in trans people, also you're a woman lmao'.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:53 pm

James2 posts were deleted that's a good thing.
Ignoring the obvious hatefulness of hate speech in general
Why? what's the point of saying things that will provoke a large, group of people in a online game other then to troll and derail the game? Is it so hard to just let people be on a online space where they wanna chill and play a game, it should be against the rules to call people names and harass them. END of

Trans rights being "political" for some reason? I mean we do live in a world where basic human rights have to be debated... I Mean it really shouldn't be political but people tend to politicise it for some reason

I think it's always best to ignore people like that (from personal experience) people like that tend to not even care about your argument, they generally want a form of reaction because they think it's funny, sadly I think most of them want you to blow up on them so they can report you, I've had to step away from games in the past before (mute them then stop playing after the match ends) when people were ruining a game by hatespeech, throwing ect.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby trevormoore » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:35 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:James2 posts were deleted that's a good thing.
Ignoring the obvious hatefulness of hate speech in general
Why? what's the point of saying things that will provoke a large, group of people in a online game other then to troll and derail the game? Is it so hard to just let people be on a online space where they wanna chill and play a game, it should be against the rules to call people names and harass them. END of

Trans rights being "political" for some reason? I mean we do live in a world where basic human rights have to be debated... I Mean it really shouldn't be political but people tend to politicise it for some reason

I think it's always best to ignore people like that (from personal experience) people like that tend to not even care about your argument, they generally want a form of reaction because they think it's funny, sadly I think most of them want you to blow up on them so they can report you, I've had to step away from games in the past before (mute them then stop playing after the match ends) when people were ruining a game by hatespeech, throwing ect.

It makes them feel better to belittle a community they dislike, for some reason. People have rights is a political statement for some stupid reason and I will never understand it. It's like... you think that it's political for people to have the right to survive and thrive? Well, okay, says a shitload about who you are as a person.

The main issue is that it takes so long for these people to be banned. And sometimes your reports aren't even, even posting on the forums isn't enough. These people get to believe that there is no consequence to their actions. It's a sad truth.

And then the burden falls on the people who are being attacked and harassed. We have to keep our screenshot software open constantly, we have to say 'report 12 for HSH' and pray to someone who isn't listening that someone else reports them so our forum report might get them banned. We have to always constantly be the bigger person, we aren't allowed to leave a game if someone calls us the t-slur or the f-slur or the n-word.

And what happens if the racist/phobic person is an important role? What if the jailor calls me the f-slur, I put him on ignore, I'm spy, and he exes me because I couldn't see what he said? Or just exes me for wanting to report him? There are so many holes and frankly I don't even have answers for how to handle said holes. It's gotten tedious at this point.

The toxicity is draining. The fear of not being able to screenshot something fast enough is anxiety inducing. I just wanna play the fucking game.
trevormoore
Transporter
Transporter

Next

Return to Feedback