Uninstalling for the last time

Put any feedback about the game here.

Uninstalling for the last time

Postby cyniiestix » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:00 pm

I uninstalled before because I get competitive, but can never get a ranked lobby and got tired of playing casual. I come back a year and a half later and the very first night I play, I get sheriff 4 times, medusa 3 times, psychic once, and then finally tracker. In my last medusa game, there was a cheater who was multi accounting and told everyone all coven members D1 except his multiaccount, he didn't out that one. 2 coven dead by D2 and game was over before I knew it.

Game has no playerbase, you can only play specific game modes because there just aren't enough people playing the others. Who knows if the cheater will get banned because you need people to judge on the trial system. I get the same guy in the next game because there's NO PLAYER BASE.

I'm tired of playing boring roles all the time. I want to play TI sometimes, and not the TI who never found a sus person in all 4 games except 1, then was lynched for finding a person sus N1 even though i obviously wasn't lying (even had a ret who lived to day 6 and never rezzed anyone, fun!), because this game requires critical thinking but players on average are young and only play to mess around. Seriously detracts from the quality of every single lobby. Done with it, if I could refund it I would.
cyniiestix
Jester
Jester

Re: Uninstalling for the last time

Postby James2 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:53 pm

Retri doesn't resurrect people anymore. Agree with the overall point though. Trial system is focused far too much on speech policing rather than things that actually make the game unplayable.

And yeah, the playerbase has been dwindling for years. What they ought to do is bring back free play in browser with SMS verification, and try to publicize that they've done so. Instead they're putting their energy into an Among Us ripoff and letting this game die.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby FroggyMaybe » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:49 am

I agree with Mr. James2 here. ToS is slowly but surely decaying. The Trial System focuses mainly on HS/H and IGN reports, Nobody really knows what is Gamethrowing and what isn't, and You have to Admit to cheating In order to get you, and only you i may add, banned for it.

Take Pathetictroll as an example. Lasted Several weeks on an account throwing every single bloody game. And there is an reason for such.
I feel like people go to HS/H and IGN reports more to farm trial rating. And don't even get me started on leaving...

Sure, there are some exceptions to the above but... it doesnt change the point.

I also agree on the fact that ToS should be coming back as F2p. TiS also got f2p, so why not leave coven as DLC but make the Main ToS freetoplay again

To End off, Traitors was, and still is, a waste of budget. If a game dies 2 weeks after both Paid acces and F2p Release, that surely must mean something, eh?
Nothing will ever have the originality of Town of Salem Again, The Deception genre itself is dying. makes me kinda sad that the "New Generation" of Salem we're getting is somewhat of an Among us Clone with a Ripped Building Mechnaic of Worms WMD, with a few Extra Traitor-Spells and a few Extra roles.
The game is unique, but a lot of the foundaion just isn't unique enough to make it stand out. Traitors easily gets outstood by Competition in the deception Genre.

Cheers.
Germany loses the world cup. Again. Way to go, lads.
FroggyMaybe
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:10 pm

Nobody really knows what is Gamethrowing and what isn't, and You have to Admit to cheating In order to get you, and only you i may add, banned for it.

Not gonna bother with the whole discussion, but I wanted to just point out these two things are both false.

Gamethrowing is spelled out word for word in several available guides.
And cheating only needs admission if it is not blatant. And it's logical it can only get the person of whom it can be proven guiltied. If a townie outs all mafia, and thus has someone on the inside, so to speak, what do you wanna do? Ban all the mafia members? Ban the one the troll claims they got the info from? Ban the one the people ingame thought the info came from?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

In my defence

Postby FroggyMaybe » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:59 am

Yeah, i agree i didn't express myself too proper here. Thats a personal mistake though.

Now, i do see that cheating is furtherly expressed in several other documents, i know of their existance, but I've unfortunately lost the links.
Now, a lot of people will unfortunately not know about the rest of those documents, as they are, as far as i know, not listed anywhere on the trial system.

About the cheating part though,It is really hard to detect what is cheating and what isn't in some cases, and also, the trial Guide linked at the trial System doesn't say anything about Blatancy either.
Trial guide wrote:1.Cheating is when a player admits to either:
(1)Using or providing game information using mediums outside of normal game communication (including, but not limited to: links, screenshots, voice chat, etc).
(a)Using outside sources (money, spoilers, previous games, etc) as a means to influence the current game is included in this.
(2)Claims to use hacks/exploits to gain information.
(3)Botting
(a)Real bots are always dealt with by a permanent ban.
(b)Fake bots, such as people pretending to be a bot, or claiming to be one when they aren’t, will result in a suspension
(4) Speaking a language that the rest of the players aren’t using. Short, well-known, phrases are fine, but speaking in a way other players can’t understand at any length otherwise is considered sharing information ‘outside of the game’ while technically still talking inside of it.

*ADMISSION=GUILT: Admission to cheating, regardless of factuality, is guilty for the admitter only.

If we are considering this is what most people will read and go off of, there will be gaps, and some people will get away.

To the blatancy fact, it's a general thing, but I'll list an example. What if , for example, a solo Medusa claims sherrif and finds 2 mafia members as suspicious. Is that considered cheating or a lucky guess? Because they'd have no way to obtain the actual Information.

To the Gamethrowing Factor, It is much more obvious than i thought it was, but the list really only contains the most vital pieces of throwing, wich, People will find backdoors to whats stands in the juror's guide at times.
Trial Guide wrote:Gamethrowing occurs when a player is actively and intentionally working to harm their or their team's chances of winning. The player should also have at least 10 games played before being considered educated enough at the game to game throw on purpose.

Whilst this is true, you cannot really know what Is active throwing and what isnt at times.
There are a lot of backdoors people are using. Also,There generally are a lot of Throwing Situations not listed, wich can end up in confusion at times.
Ill start off with an newer example of my gameplay.

Consigliere [Me] Asks Consort Several Times to Roleblock an Confirmed Arsonist who had not yet ignited with a second arso being lynched the day before[It was n5], but the consort refuses and instead throws themself into the TP chain of 2 Crusaders.
Outcome: Mafia all get incinerated.

Whilst the consort loweredtheir team's odds of winning by not roleblocking the CONFIRMED Arsonist, they also somewhat highened them by roleblocking one of the crusaders in the TP chain. I do deem this throwing tho, as an Arsonist ignite on night five is reasonable, especially with another arsonist lynched just a day before.
However, i do see how people, especially those new to the system could easily get confused here. I had dilemmas like those a lot when i started using it :P.

Anyway, i still feel i have to point out GT and Cheating reports are the most neglected of the System. Why? Because the Trial Guide doesn't provide as much info, and the main info is on external documents not linked on the system. :<
HS/H and IGN reports are easy to guilty or inno, and after just a few minutes of doing IGN reports only I'd hit the no more reports cap.
I kinda feel i have to point this out, not only to clown myself yet again, but also that this is the main reasoning as to why accounts like the Pathetictroll series lasted several weeks with what seems to be no big punishment, at beast a one day suspension before an eventual ban.

I know i am going off of the POV of someone ´new to the system, but thats because it's the point. Some people just do not know about those documents existing, resulting in their Trial Ratings being absolutely demolished, and maybe, maybe, a few false innos here and there aswell.

Cheers.
FroggyMaybe
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:23 pm

Aight, just grabbing a few quick points again:

The expanded rules guide is indeed in the Trial System, the juror guide is somewhere on the forums (don't ask me where), but is also on Discord. This is why I keep telling people to join the Trial Server Discord. Guides, experienced jurors, staff, etc.

CONFIRMED Arsonist

As per the Trial System, only a revealed Mayor and a VIP are confirmed. Consig sees every doused person as Arsonist, so an Arsonist cannot be confirmed.

Also, Cheating and GT aren't really neglected. There's about an even amount of those coming across my desk on the daily compared to all the other categories. Jurors tend not to like voting on GT reports because 90% of them are invalid, because people will literally report everything, from Jesters "outting their fellow maf", to Survs siding with town over SK.
Aside from that is the IGN queue a LOT smaller than the other queues, especially because I clean those out myself on the regular, due to the small number.

As for "newer" jurors, we don't really have that many, and most of them do not get massive TR drops (not that TR is anything but a fictitious number that does nothing anyway), because staff generally keeps an eye out. We regularly check votes, we regularly contact "problematic" voters, and people who vote so badly they get locked out, need to contact a staff member anyway. And mind you, it's quite hard to get locked out.

And yeah, false innos happen. They happen for new jurors, experienced jurors, and even staff. People can misclick, people can miss something, etc etc. And if someone with a single rulebreak gets away, so be it. The most problematic players, which is what we're there to handle, generally have multiple open reports.

Furthermore is it ALWAYS important to check your own voting history, so you can see what in what reports you voted against the majority and why. And if those "wrong" reports are questionable, there are several ways to ask about them, among others the forums and Discord.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby FroggyMaybe » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:25 pm

Yeah, im obviously on the Shorter Lever here, so im gonna end this.

To clear up the Consig game, the Arso was pretty confirmed (Atleast to Mafia), 7 Players, 1 Guaranteed Arso (A vigilante got doused n1, when the one that was hung d2 was rb'd. 7 Players, 3 Mafia, 2 Crusaders, both having a kill, Another Townie who was Proven to not be Arsonist as i checked them, and said Arso who everyone was suss of at that point.

No point in me arguening further, This is the 4th time ive made a Clown of myself now. I do have one last question though.

How do Accounts from the leading Brands in Gamethrowing last that long?

That's it though. I've lost all Respect i ever achieved.
Sorry for the bothers.

Cheers.
FroggyMaybe
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:45 pm

How do Accounts from the leading Brands in Gamethrowing last that long?

Because it takes a very long time to filter through roughly 8500 invalid GT reports to get to 500 valid ones.

The quickest way for valid gamethrowing reports to be handled is to hop on discord and send them through to staff directly so it can be expedited as opposed to needing to wait for 9 people to vote on it.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Feedback