This Game is Dying

Put any feedback about the game here.

This Game is Dying

Postby davisgabriel820 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:04 pm

This game is dying. Player numbers are getting increasingly lower, and that's devastating to see. Don't get me wrong, this game has had an AWESOME lifespan, but it still has so much potential. I've yet to find another game like it on the Steam store.

At this point, I feel it'd be worthwhile to disable the coven game modes as well as any other game modes aside from Classic, Ranked Practice, and Ranked. Either that, or more promotion for this game needs to be done. There's so much work that's been put into it. I don't wanna see it go away, but it feels like there isn't a lot of effort being put in by the devs at this point

I mean, ffs, repeal some bans at this point. You all went HAM. Get out the gamethrowers, leave the people who curse. There's a function for muting. That's enough. This is just so depressing to see.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Re: This Game is Dying

Postby Flavorable » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:12 pm

Why would the Coven gamemodes get disabled when Coven All/Any and the rotating modes are two of the most popular gamemodes in the game? And you only want to leave Classic, RP and Ranked, even though 2 of those three (Classic and Ranked) are some of the least populated (and least popular) gamemodes in the entire game.

As for appealing bans: This is not something that is going to change. We don't need a wholly toxic game with people spouting racist and homophobic crap just to buff the player count. People can stick to the rules, it's not that hard, tens of thousands of players have done so for many years.

As for not a lot of effort being put in: The Devs are currently working on a new game, meaning ToS is on the backburner.
Furthermore, last I checked the player count has been more or less the same ever since the game went pay-to-play. And the only reason it dipped when it went pay-to-play is because of all the bot accounts that got removed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:27 am

I think appealing to letting banned players back in would actually do more harm to player numbers in the long run because most people don't wanna deal with toxic players trying to be funny with poor taste jokes instead of actually playing the game.

I personally think that lack of updates current broken game modes that aren't fun for a casual audience outside all any and TT. Is a reason why but also because generally the games been around for a long time now, devs are more focused on their new game, which doesn't mean the games being neglected but i don't think it would be out of the ordinary to expect no balance changes for the future, which is sad and might make the game stale to vets over a long time. (I personally rather have tos changes then a new game about walking around similar to amougus, as i enjoy the text based and role interactions)

I mean im just happy this games around still now even if the engagement is lower then it used to be. But I understand some frustration.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby davisgabriel820 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:48 pm

Flavorable wrote:Why would the Coven gamemodes get disabled when Coven All/Any and the rotating modes are two of the most popular gamemodes in the game? And you only want to leave Classic, RP and Ranked, even though 2 of those three (Classic and Ranked) are some of the least populated (and least popular) gamemodes in the entire game.

As for appealing bans: This is not something that is going to change. We don't need a wholly toxic game with people spouting racist and homophobic crap just to buff the player count. People can stick to the rules, it's not that hard, tens of thousands of players have done so for many years.

As for not a lot of effort being put in: The Devs are currently working on a new game, meaning ToS is on the backburner.
Furthermore, last I checked the player count has been more or less the same ever since the game went pay-to-play. And the only reason it dipped when it went pay-to-play is because of all the bot accounts that got removed.

I would love to see what stats you're referencing, because 1-4k players on at peak times isn't exactly the same as the several thousand on previously. Also, to say that the only reason player count dipped is because of the bot accounts getting removed is absurd. There's going to be a natural dip over time, I recognize that, but banning people for using profanity against someone making a brainless play is just overkill in the long run. Not allowing the appealing of bans is further ridiculous. I'm not saying let the homophobic racists back into the game. However, God forbid we allow someone to appeal a ban that's 3+ months old. If nothing else, a simple system of strikes rolling off after 6 months to a year would also serve as a reasonable deterrent. You cannot tell me that every ban and/or suspension has been 100% reasonable. I've played this game for YEARS, and some of the most fun I've had was getting flamed by other people because the humor is just so off-the-walls funny.

I'm not really into the whole Amongus-like adaptation. I'll certainly give it a try, but this is a one-of-a-kind game that's going to be hard to replicate in a contemporary style. My entire point here is that the core game is being abandoned, and splitting the population into Coven versus standard modes is only killing it quicker.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:54 pm

If you got banned is because you evaded the hard filter

You can say stupid, idiot, dumbass, braindead, even r*tard (which is agreed to be a slur) so if you got banned for using profanity you totally desrved it
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby davisgabriel820 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:46 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:If you got banned is because you evaded the hard filter

You can say stupid, idiot, dumbass, braindead, even r*tard (which is agreed to be a slur) so if you got banned for using profanity you totally desrved it

Where did I say I got banned? You've contributed nothing to this.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:28 am

davisgabriel820 wrote:

I clarified a missconception you had on the rules

if you ban people for using profanity over a braindead play thats overkill on the long run
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby James2 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:22 pm

Flavorable wrote:Furthermore, last I checked the player count has been more or less the same ever since the game went pay-to-play.

There are 87 games at the time of this writing. The thousands of (presumably automated) accounts logged in and not playing are of no consequence.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby davisgabriel820 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:40 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
davisgabriel820 wrote:

I clarified a missconception you had on the rules

if you ban people for using profanity over a braindead play thats overkill on the long run

Actually, they consider repeated use of those words, or whenever those words are directed at a player, that's a bannable offense. No misconception had here. You can look through appeals to see that in action.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Postby MayhewDrago456 » Wed May 11, 2022 5:53 am

How a game with such catchy music can die is the real question!
MayhewDrago456

Postby Boredfan1 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:48 pm

People who got banned five plus years ago for being toxic aren't necessarily going to still be toxic, people do change you know. If they are still toxic, ban them again. It's not like giving people a second chance is saying that they can never be banned again.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri May 13, 2022 9:08 am

Boredfan1 wrote:People who got banned five plus years ago for being toxic aren't necessarily going to still be toxic, people do change you know. If they are still toxic, ban them again. It's not like giving people a second chance is saying that they can never be banned again.

Its 5 dam bucks, if they want to come back after 5 years just pay
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Boredfan1 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:35 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:People who got banned five plus years ago for being toxic aren't necessarily going to still be toxic, people do change you know. If they are still toxic, ban them again. It's not like giving people a second chance is saying that they can never be banned again.

Its 5 dam bucks, if they want to come back after 5 years just pay

Not everyone has even that as disposable income dude. Most people have barely enough to pay for their necessities.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Razbae » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:48 pm

Honestly all they had to do was keep this game simple with basic updates for QoL, not add 5000 roles that get so overwhelming to learn and for no reason. People play this shit to be deceptive/be sherlock holmes. They don't play this to understand the gunked up sludge pit of all these roles. Game's not league of legends bois, go back to classic only.
Razbae
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:16 pm

Razbae wrote:Honestly all they had to do was keep this game simple with basic updates for QoL, not add 5000 roles that get so overwhelming to learn and for no reason. People play this shit to be deceptive/be sherlock holmes. They don't play this to understand the gunked up sludge pit of all these roles. Game's not league of legends bois, go back to classic only.

No roles have been added in like 6 years what
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:00 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Razbae wrote:Honestly all they had to do was keep this game simple with basic updates for QoL, not add 5000 roles that get so overwhelming to learn and for no reason. People play this shit to be deceptive/be sherlock holmes. They don't play this to understand the gunked up sludge pit of all these roles. Game's not league of legends bois, go back to classic only.

No roles have been added in like 6 years what

yup, and mafia need some new roles/tweaked roles to keep classic versions and ranked more interesting... something to counter the current meta, to make the old players have to think and recalculate their plays again....

Razbae has a point about QoL, but hes wrong about long term players wanting a brainless game that requires as little thought as possible.... I mean, why would you want a sherlock game that hands you the answers?

Problem is, long term, players are always going to figure out a meta of optimal plays that favours one side over the other, then get bored of it after a few months. It happens in every game, chess, poker, you name it.... Its the devs job to release meta breaking roles every now again to put the tilt of favour back towards the middle - which isnt an easy task in itself, especially when dealing with gamers who have just gotten comfortable or think everything should be done a different way.... or think that something is too game breaking to implement (even meta breaking), But like syjf said, this hasnt happened in years anyway. Which is probably the reason for rankeds decline in popularity.

As for removing coven, totally pointless. Most coven players would just quit, rather than go back to playing classic. Most of the meta problems in classic dont exist in coven (because of meta breaking roles) and with covens kill potential, makes for a more challenging game for seasoned townies.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:32 am

I seriously don't think the average person would find it that complicated to learn roles, if this was the case they'd play classic? which most people do I don't find classic overwhelming.
I seriously do not understand how people would be overwhelmed. Epically playing vanilla TOS, The fact is theirs not even a lot of roles to learn anyway, you will pick up a few in classic then you will learn more in all any and ranked practice, then you will learn some more in coven.

Also "5000" roles? like are you serious? they added a expansion with 15 roles, That new players aren't even gonna see anyway? So how on earth has their been too many roles that overwhelm players.

I'd say the lack of any balance changes, We Still have the current state of whatever the hell spy is, we still have transporter, we still have Jailor meta, Making the game incredibly unfun to play outside of all any because if your evil you generally have no way to win unless town eats themselves, you dont have that much of a impact. While town is formulaic and shitty to play in current ranked.

the lack of any actual good casual role list mode, people want to play Neutrals, they're very fun and a different way of playing the game, SHAME that a lot of neutrals you can't even play anymore unless you wanna play All any. (Which some people would enjoy a actual role list, with structure (AKA TIS, TPS, RTS, RM, NB, NK, NE ECT. ECT. ).

The lack of fixing any meta issues. Transporter, Spy ect. Certain roles break the game and are super unfun to play against just for existing.

Theirs a list of issues, people want changed, theirs so much potential in TOS but it feels like its not being realised.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby faeden » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:58 am

I would argue that the game is dying because of the bots, throwers, and trolls. If anything, MORE people need to be banned, and free mobile access needs to be turned off! I'd gladly pay-to-play if it avoids these morons that are trying to ruin gameplay for fun!
faeden

Return to Feedback