Goodbye

Put any feedback about the game here.

Goodbye

Postby JAF1970 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:00 am

I'm getting annoyed at this game for several reasons.

I quit playing in 2016 because of cheaters and hacking.

Now I'm leaving because of the player base and false reports.

The fact of the matter is that real traitor game mechanics which I have used for over 30 years have worked and gotten me wins.

Once, with 3 other mafia teammates, as Consig I up and announced on D3 "I'm consig, [x] is Plaguebearer. You can lynch me if you want, but he's PB." It worked. My team WON. That's not gamethrowing.

Ever play chess? Then you'd know something about famous chess games like The Immortal Game in which the QUEEN was sacrificed to win a game.

I'm tired of some players angry at me for LYING in a TRAITOR game. My answer is always, "But I won."

I'm done with Town of Salem, and I'm not playing Traitors Of Salem.

The fact of the matter is I don't need you. You need me. I'm the one who faithfully have spent money on you.

Punishing veterans of the game who have played since 2015 and invested 800 hours in your game, and rewarding literal children who will intentionally lose because they don't want to have their FRIENDS lose...

Just mind-boggling.
JAF1970
Spy
Spy
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:36 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby DecDecAttack » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:17 pm

This isn't taking any sides, but, neither of you really need each other tbh.
Eyo, TG supporter here!


Come get a cake by {/in}ing here!
User avatar
DecDecAttack
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am

Re: Goodbye

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:03 pm

Once, with 3 other mafia teammates, as Consig I up and announced on D3 "I'm consig, [x] is Plaguebearer. You can lynch me if you want, but he's PB." It worked. My team WON. That's not gamethrowing.


This is throwing, in d3 there is still a heavily oposing majority and thus outing yourself is NOT a valid strategy
syjfwbaobfwl
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby blackaxe3 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:50 pm

I don't believe revealing as consig is gamethrowing if you are revealing a common enemy between yourself and other factions as this is helping your team win.
My Name Picks:

Dreadful - my default pick
France - for country theme and smaller communities like Rainbow
Melon King - when someone named themself Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
User avatar
blackaxe3
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:34 am
Location: Random Town Of Salem Village

Re: Goodbye

Postby Flavorable » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:03 am

blackaxe3 wrote:I don't believe revealing as consig is gamethrowing if you are revealing a common enemy between yourself and other factions as this is helping your team win.


It is, though.
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
User avatar
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7529
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Goodbye

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:21 am

blackaxe3 wrote:I don't believe revealing as consig is gamethrowing if you are revealing a common enemy between yourself and other factions as this is helping your team win.


On d3 there is MANY factors that can turn this into a horrible idea, so yes it is

If it was something like a pest hunt then maybe its valid, but not d3
syjfwbaobfwl
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby Boredfan1 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:26 pm

Gamethrowing is intentionally trying to lose or otherwise sabotaging your team, outing not just yourself but another evil that is a bigger threat to the town than you and getting the win because of that decision is NOT gamethrowing, it's a strategy. A pretty genius one I wish I had come up with.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:42 am

Boredfan1 wrote:Gamethrowing is intentionally trying to lose or otherwise sabotaging your team, outing not just yourself but another evil that is a bigger threat to the town than you and getting the win because of that decision is NOT gamethrowing, it's a strategy. A pretty genius one I wish I had come up with.


Mods cannot read your mind, which is why most gamethrowing needs admision to be guiltied

Outing yourself in oposing majority, however; is one of the few exceptions, and that will be guiltie wether you claim to be doing it to lose or not
syjfwbaobfwl
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby Boredfan1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:59 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:Gamethrowing is intentionally trying to lose or otherwise sabotaging your team, outing not just yourself but another evil that is a bigger threat to the town than you and getting the win because of that decision is NOT gamethrowing, it's a strategy. A pretty genius one I wish I had come up with.


Mods cannot read your mind, which is why most gamethrowing needs admision to be guiltied

Outing yourself in oposing majority, however; is one of the few exceptions, and that will be guiltie wether you claim to be doing it to lose or not


Maybe look at the entire context of the match and then decide instead of just the small part of them outing themselves so you don't ban people that don't deserve it and get rid of a strategy that gives evils a better chance to win against the overpowered town.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby kyuss420 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:43 am

Boredfan1 wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:Gamethrowing is intentionally trying to lose or otherwise sabotaging your team, outing not just yourself but another evil that is a bigger threat to the town than you and getting the win because of that decision is NOT gamethrowing, it's a strategy. A pretty genius one I wish I had come up with.


Mods cannot read your mind, which is why most gamethrowing needs admision to be guiltied

Outing yourself in oposing majority, however; is one of the few exceptions, and that will be guiltie wether you claim to be doing it to lose or not


Maybe look at the entire context of the match and then decide instead of just the small part of them outing themselves so you don't ban people that don't deserve it and get rid of a strategy that gives evils a better chance to win against the overpowered town.


Ya, but a 1 man PB isnt a threat to town on D3, but a 3-4 man Maf is. Obviously town was noob enough to vote out the PB at that point, which in turn led to the maf win, but towns with half a brain or more would vote off the majority threat at that point, not the solo PB.

So yea, while a seasoned scum player can read a noob 'townie biased player' town team, and get them to make stupid, non mathmatically optimal plays, like, lynch a solo non killing threat over a possible day 4/5 majority loss scenario threat, unfortunately trial system is made up of mostly the ''townie biased'' noobs, who fell for the ploy, and have no understanding whatsoever of how they lost....or how maf losing 1 team member N4/D4 is ultimately what gave maf majority by the end of the match.

But determining thats what happened, requires deep level thinking....which most players dont have....and an actual gamethrower could get lucky and get carried to a win by his team, so benefit of the doubt wont given by judges, who take everything on a game by game basis and really have to judge by the lowest common denominator...
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer
 
Posts: 2250
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Goodbye

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun May 08, 2022 6:09 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:Gamethrowing is intentionally trying to lose or otherwise sabotaging your team, outing not just yourself but another evil that is a bigger threat to the town than you and getting the win because of that decision is NOT gamethrowing, it's a strategy. A pretty genius one I wish I had come up with.


Mods cannot read your mind, which is why most gamethrowing needs admision to be guiltied

Outing yourself in oposing majority, however; is one of the few exceptions, and that will be guiltie wether you claim to be doing it to lose or not


Maybe look at the entire context of the match and then decide instead of just the small part of them outing themselves so you don't ban people that don't deserve it and get rid of a strategy that gives evils a better chance to win against the overpowered town.


Ya, but a 1 man PB isnt a threat to town on D3, but a 3-4 man Maf is. Obviously town was noob enough to vote out the PB at that point, which in turn led to the maf win, but towns with half a brain or more would vote off the majority threat at that point, not the solo PB.

So yea, while a seasoned scum player can read a noob 'townie biased player' town team, and get them to make stupid, non mathmatically optimal plays, like, lynch a solo non killing threat over a possible day 4/5 majority loss scenario threat, unfortunately trial system is made up of mostly the ''townie biased'' noobs, who fell for the ploy, and have no understanding whatsoever of how they lost....or how maf losing 1 team member N4/D4 is ultimately what gave maf majority by the end of the match.

But determining thats what happened, requires deep level thinking....which most players dont have....and an actual gamethrower could get lucky and get carried to a win by his team, so benefit of the doubt wont given by judges, who take everything on a game by game basis and really have to judge by the lowest common denominator...


Ok first of all, goose is alive?!?!?!

Second, there are many other variables, town being minority and coven/mafia being majority and pushing the PB, the PB claim being actually an arso, town having no leads at all and thus lynching PB being the obvius choice
syjfwbaobfwl
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby James2 » Tue May 10, 2022 4:25 pm

Boredfan1 wrote:Gamethrowing is intentionally trying to lose or otherwise sabotaging your team, outing not just yourself but another evil that is a bigger threat to the town than you and getting the win because of that decision is NOT gamethrowing, it's a strategy.

^
James2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Goodbye

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun May 15, 2022 3:47 pm

I actually think theirs situations where outing as evil to get a common enemy *isn't* throwing theirs also more examples of outing as evil which could be "mind games or fake jesting" which is

Problem is it becomes messy to moderate and becomes:
A. Make moderation harder and let more throwers get away with it, because im sure evils could justify throwing in some ways.
B. Moderate stuff that isn't gamethrowing but is in this sort of grey area where it can be hard to tell the intentions of that player.

honestly option B is more safe and fair in my head.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Goodbye

Postby James2 » Sun May 15, 2022 6:29 pm

Non-gamethrowers should play to their wincon, not to what will minimize the chances of their account being wrongly suspended.

I don't believe identifying habitual gamethrowers is that hard, and it's not clear that punishing one-off instances of "disguised" gamethrowing (by users who don't do it habitually) is sufficiently important to justify inserting an out-of-game influence into every game.
James2
Godfather
Godfather
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am


Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Enbariz and 1 guest