START BANNING LEAVERS ON N1

Put any feedback about the game here.

START BANNING LEAVERS ON N1

Postby davisgabriel820 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:34 am

I am SICK of this. I will get suspended so quick if I curse at someone, but I was just in a game where it ended on DAY 2 because all evils left on night 1. I was exe, so I received an IMMEDIATE loss because of this. I've put money into this game, and I'm only met with people who leave because they don't enjoy evil roles. Connection issues are one thing, but THIS is ridiculous. Forgive my frustration; I understand it is not your fault, but please take some sort of action to correct this kind of behavior.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Re: START BANNING LEAVERS ON N1

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Only if they have a history of doing it. I’ve DCd before the game started and have been reported for it. Nothing I can do about that.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:20 am

only noobs leave as evil and only play town roles cos they need town to carry them, thats why they leave. BMG cant ban all noobs
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby StlnSP » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:59 am

unless they say anything that implies they're leaving on purpose, we can't. disconnects happens.

i would personally advice against playing an online game if your internet can barely handle it, tbh. it's not fun for everyone involved.
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Flavorable » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 am

StlnSP wrote:unless they say anything that implies they're leaving on purpose, we can't. disconnects happens.

i would personally advice against playing an online game if your internet can barely handle it, tbh. it's not fun for everyone involved.

At this point, with Flash bugging out so consistently, though, we can't really keep punishing for it. That's why the Devs decided to handle it like this and then revisit the issue once the Unity port is stable, so we can make sure it's not Flash causing the issue.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Knill » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 am

Yeah but when theres people that have 15 open reports on them for leaving n1, some of them a month old, it makes it really obvious that the devs don't care? How is it possibly to have FIFTEEN open reports for the SAME thing and no action has been taken against them?

It really pisses me off the way throwers get no fucking punishment through the report system and now we cant even report them through the forums either.
Knill
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Knill wrote:Yeah but when theres people that have 15 open reports on them for leaving n1, some of them a month old, it makes it really obvious that the devs don't care?

It's an "after the unity port" thing. The devs have plans to fix this, but they want to fix it as devs rather than through the judges.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Knill wrote:Yeah but when theres people that have 15 open reports on them for leaving n1, some of them a month old, it makes it really obvious that the devs don't care? How is it possibly to have FIFTEEN open reports for the SAME thing and no action has been taken against them?

It really pisses me off the way throwers get no fucking punishment through the report system and now we cant even report them through the forums either.

THIS!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed the influx of CHEATING through Discord or other chat programs, Gamethrowing, hatespeech and harassment lately? I mean come on!! Seriously. This has been mentioned by several players, this toxic behavior is what is causing the population to dwindle! Bloody Do something about this Devs/Mods!
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Brilliand » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:34 am

RedHeadStepChild wrote:Has anyone else noticed the influx of CHEATING through Discord or other chat programs, Gamethrowing, hatespeech and harassment lately?

Not so much? I've seen a little of that, but most games the only bad behavior I see is leaving.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:25 pm

Brilliand wrote:
RedHeadStepChild wrote:Has anyone else noticed the influx of CHEATING through Discord or other chat programs, Gamethrowing, hatespeech and harassment lately?

Not so much? I've seen a little of that, but most games the only bad behavior I see is leaving.

Then Brilliand, I suggest you go play at least 10 Drac's Palace games between 11PM and 3AM EST. And you will see exactly what I am talking about. I've seen groups as much as 7 come in and when confronted about it, they get all pissed off and make the excuse, we are just having fun with our friends then they leave. Then they start reporting people for harassment because they get caught cheating. Really? Seriously. So play some Drac's Palace games between the times I told you and you will see what I am talking about.
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby davisgabriel820 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:21 am

RedHeadStepChild wrote:
Knill wrote:Yeah but when theres people that have 15 open reports on them for leaving n1, some of them a month old, it makes it really obvious that the devs don't care? How is it possibly to have FIFTEEN open reports for the SAME thing and no action has been taken against them?

THIS!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed the influx of CHEATING through Discord or other chat programs, Gamethrowing, hatespeech and harassment lately? I mean come on!! Seriously. This has been mentioned by several players, this toxic behavior is what is causing the population to dwindle! Bloody Do something about this Devs/Mods!

Exactly. Fucking ridiculous.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Postby ScarfVendetta » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 am

Everyone can agree that leavers suck.

The problem is that we obviously don't want to punish people who get disconnected, and it's basically impossible to tell the difference between someone who leaves intentionally and somebody who exits on purpose. Leavers can still be banned if they admit to leaving intentionally, but of course this is not the majority of cases.

Hopefully the developers do hop on this issue when the Unity port is finished. I always feel bad whenever my game crashes at the start of the game, and it would be great to be able to quickly refresh and hop back into the game. Plus, it would be nice to dish out some justice to those who intentionally leave and screw their teams over.

We can hope, right?
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:58 pm

ScarfVendetta wrote:Everyone can agree that leavers suck.

The problem is that we obviously don't want to punish people who get disconnected, and it's basically impossible to tell the difference between someone who leaves intentionally and somebody who exits on purpose. Leavers can still be banned if they admit to leaving intentionally, but of course this is not the majority of cases.

Hopefully the developers do hop on this issue when the Unity port is finished. I always feel bad whenever my game crashes at the start of the game, and it would be great to be able to quickly refresh and hop back into the game. Plus, it would be nice to dish out some justice to those who intentionally leave and screw their teams over.

We can hope, right?

This is true, there have been several times I have DC'd right in the middle of things or even at the start due to BMG's Server problems, to which they admitted to being problems, and my own internet issues. I do feel bad about reporting leavers, but at the same time, I also pay attention who comes into the lobby and who leaves while alive. I have noticed that people who are playing together, tend to leave together when one of them dies regardless of their faction or role, i.e. Town, Vamps, maf, Coven etc. This is a good example of when I would report someone for leaving. Or another example, Last night I was in a Drac's Palace game where Someone was pushing a townie really hard to get hung, then I came back with this person must be a vamp so he needs hung, then he says nope then leaves the game, come to find out he was the VH. granted this is questionable, but I see it as, he knew he was going to be pushed up so he left anyway, which given he was VH didnt bother claiming or anything else just up and left.

RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:06 pm

RedHeadStepChild wrote:I have noticed that people who are playing together, tend to leave together when one of them dies regardless of their faction or role, i.e. Town, Vamps, maf, Coven etc. This is a good example of when I would report someone for leaving.

This is policy I think should change. I reported a gigantic group that left en masse because they weren’t on the same faction. They all had scooby do themed names and even some of their usernames only had a difference of one letter. They clearly didn’t all DC. They were out to cheat but couldn’t because they were on three different factions. Judges didn’t do anything there. Just because they didn’t declare they were leaving. That’s bullshit.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:12 pm

SantanaTheSmall wrote:
RedHeadStepChild wrote:I have noticed that people who are playing together, tend to leave together when one of them dies regardless of their faction or role, i.e. Town, Vamps, maf, Coven etc. This is a good example of when I would report someone for leaving.

This is policy I think should change. I reported a gigantic group that left en masse because they weren’t on the same faction. They all had scooby do themed names and even some of their usernames only had a difference of one letter. They clearly didn’t all DC. They were out to cheat but couldn’t because they were on three different factions. Judges didn’t do anything there. Just because they didn’t declare they were leaving. That’s bullshit.

yes, it things like that " they need to confess they're cheating" goes right out the window.. Its common sense! I busted a big group like this myself, and they call got pissed off and went to a " custom" game. All because " they wanted to have fun with their friends" by cheating on discord or some other chat program together.

RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:17 pm

SantanaTheSmall wrote:

How big a group are we talking here?

If it's 4 or less people, then imo they should be allowed to join as Mafia together (except, in a way that doesn't require leaving).

If it's 5 or more people, then it's unlikely that they're ever going to all get Town together (and that's the only faction with 5 or more members).

Hence, that manner of attempting to cheat seems pretty nonthreatening to me.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:49 am

Brilliand wrote:
SantanaTheSmall wrote:

How big a group are we talking here?

If it's 4 or less people, then imo they should be allowed to join as Mafia together (except, in a way that doesn't require leaving).

If it's 5 or more people, then it's unlikely that they're ever going to all get Town together (and that's the only faction with 5 or more members).

Hence, that manner of attempting to cheat seems pretty nonthreatening to me.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=94932

The whole game was ruined because of them. They didn’t all DC. And they shouldn’t have to have a history of leaving for a report like this.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby Brilliand » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:58 am

SantanaTheSmall wrote:https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=94932

The whole game was ruined because of them. They didn’t all DC. And they shouldn’t have to have a history of leaving for a report like this.

I'm betting they're not going to keep doing it, because repeatedly leaving to get the same faction together is a horribly ineffective way of cheating, and they probably figured that out quite quickly.

It might even be that they weren't trying to cheat per se, they just agreed among themselves that on second thought they didn't actually want to play Town of Salem right then, and they all trooped off to do something else.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:33 am

Brilliand wrote:
SantanaTheSmall wrote:https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=94932

I'm betting they're not going to keep doing it, because repeatedly leaving to get the same faction together is a horribly ineffective way of cheating, and they probably figured that out quite quickly.

It might even be that they weren't trying to cheat per se, they just agreed among themselves that on second thought they didn't actually want to play Town of Salem right then, and they all trooped off to do something else.

You know Brilliand, some who says things like you just did, actively defending them, either YOU are doing that kind of stuff yourself, or you know friends that do. Either way, that makes you just as bad as the people causing the bloody problem. And it does not matter how big of a group. A group is 2 or more if they are on opposing sides and sharing each others roles, or leaving together, it can throw the game for either side. Last night for example, i was playing a game where vig shot the jester, jester had in his will that William Phips is LO and my brother. When jester was shot and then left, so did the LO while alive. So do not sit here trying to say theyre not going to do it again. They do it constantly!!! Why? Because people like you allow them to get away with it.

RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Brilliand » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 pm

RedHeadStepChild wrote:You know Brilliand, some who says things like you just did, actively defending them, either YOU are doing that kind of stuff yourself, or you know friends that do.

Wrong on both counts.

I know, I know, if this was a game of Mafia, I just got lynched.

But in real life, people aren't evil because they got an evil role. They need a motive. And in the specific scenario you described, with the motive you described... the motive is based on a mistake of fact, that will quickly go away once the people try out being evil and realize they were wrong.

Those particular people are a self-solving problem, unless you were wrong about their motive. (I'm honestly taking your word for it about what their motive is.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:44 pm

davisgabriel820 wrote:I am SICK of this. I will get suspended so quick if I curse at someone, but I was just in a game where it ended on DAY 2 because all evils left on night 1. I was exe, so I received an IMMEDIATE loss because of this. I've put money into this game, and I'm only met with people who leave because they don't enjoy evil roles. Connection issues are one thing, but THIS is ridiculous. Forgive my frustration; I understand it is not your fault, but please take some sort of action to correct this kind of behavior.

The best solution for leavers is to prevent them from joining another game for the duration of the one they left. I've been saying this for over two years and it still hasn't been implemented.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby davisgabriel820 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:48 am

James2 wrote:
davisgabriel820 wrote:I am SICK of this. I will get suspended so quick if I curse at someone, but I was just in a game where it ended on DAY 2 because all evils left on night 1. I was exe, so I received an IMMEDIATE loss because of this. I've put money into this game, and I'm only met with people who leave because they don't enjoy evil roles. Connection issues are one thing, but THIS is ridiculous. Forgive my frustration; I understand it is not your fault, but please take some sort of action to correct this kind of behavior.

The best solution for leavers is to prevent them from joining another game for the duration of the one they left. I've been saying this for over two years and it still hasn't been implemented.

Well it's about goddamn time they did.
davisgabriel820
Survivor
Survivor

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:24 am

davisgabriel820 wrote:
James2 wrote:

Well it's about goddamn time they did.

I 2nd this!!!!

RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby LayleCB » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:22 am

I've gotten in a couple of debates in games before over this topic when people say "report x for leaving" but from the posts I've read on the forums and having reread the rules several times on the Trial System, you can't really do much about them. It sucks and I hate n1 leavers too, but I've also gotten a bit annoyed at people who parrot "report x for leaving" and throw the game for themselves / the rest of their team because the mafioso or an RM left. Reports for d1/n1 leaving come back inno on the trial system for this reason even if I've noticed they've had a pattern for it before, or more accurately, several more gamethrowing reports which I assume are for the same reason.

The rules clearly state if somebody's intentionally going against their role's goal, it's throwing. Which is why the stipulation that they can't really be punished unless they admit to leaving because of their role makes sense, because you can't really prove it was intentional otherwise. Maybe they got a call saying their grandma is in the hospital. Maybe their internet disconnected. Maybe they were typing out their fake will and accidentally hit the X on the window instead of closing the will. (I've actually had that one happen to me, funnily enough, shocker I didn't get reported for it.)
Maybe most of the time they did leave because of their role, but you can't prove it was intentional unless they said that was why. I wish there were a more justifiable punishment for it like James2 suggested, but the rules in place now makes sense. If d1/n1 leaving really bothers you that much, maybe you should just play Ranked. People don't leave Ranked like that in my experience.
LayleCB
Jester
Jester

Postby James2 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:the planned leaver buster (which I believe is one of their top priorities

The "planned leaver buster" has been "one of their top priorities" for over four years.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Next

Return to Feedback