“Don't be scared, it's just a friendly game, right?"
renetear

Re: VLDR: Convention of the Minds

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:02 pm

I've signed. We're at 5.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby AcidicBreeze » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:03 pm

w-who hasn't yet. w-we can leave right n-now if w-we just do this now. g-grab the o-others and t-take the lift out.
AcidicBreeze Gen 2 Edition
Spoiler: Danganronpa XXVI: Marcella Usoro - Ultimate Medic
AcidicBreeze
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner

Postby Knockoff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:03 pm

So the last would be Wallace and someone else.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Knockoff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Where did Mark head, anyway? He might not’ve signed it after all. Only possibility I can think of.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Arckas » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:09 pm

I'm standing right here.

And I'm the one that proposed this in the first place.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Knockoff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:10 pm

(oh ignore me abner’s blind apparently)

Then I have no idea. Maisha, have you signed yet?
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:12 pm

All of you sign the coalition. Do not post.

"The coalition has been signed. See you all in the control room."
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:02 pm

As the seven coalition members entered the control room, Johnson was pensive. He couldn't even save his own country. Between the Constitutionalists and Federalists, there would more than likely be no peace. When America fell, so would many other nations. Mexico, Brazil, South Africa, the UK... it would be a total shitshow. However, he did have that ace in the hole. The person he roped into things, who proved himself beyond a shadow of a doubt. That meant that the mission wasn't a total failure.

The coalition members were given a potent, yet simple ability. The same kind Johnson had. The ability to have sweeping control of the nation's electrical and mechanical systems. Johnson didn't elaborate on how it worked, only smiling as the group questioned him. The gift was handed over, and Johnson slipped into a side room, never to be seen again. Inteus sprung into action and freed the people taken hostage, finding that all of the other staff had somehow left already. Eleven people left the compound when only 3 were to survive, but time would suggest it may have been better if only three had left.

As promised, Abner was given a flight to New Zealand, allowing him to escape the coming violence of the civil war. He made like a bandit, not only retrieving the data but ensuring that nobody had the slightest clue that he had his own agenda along the way. His ambition would be allowed to continue unabated. His gift would ensure the odds of him getting caught were almost zero, and the flash drive ensured that he'd live long enough to see his dream become a reality. Even as he left, he did his best to make sure the damage brought to the country by war was minimized. Unfortunately, there is only so much a man or a group of people can do to save a nation spiraling out of control. He had plans for New Zealand, an invention that would bring humanity into a new era, even if they came kicking and screaming along the way.

Pam, or more accurately, Miranda Kerry, left the compound. It hurt to allow the truth to fall away from her, but she had something more important to do. There were no radicals with her in the control room. It was all Constitutionalists and Federalists, two factions that could, in theory, make peace with each other. She didn't allow that to happen. Instead, she kneecapped the Federalists and bolstered the Radicals, a move that would have likely spawned a different coalition, has Mark not also escape with the prize.

Mark returned to Central Command, but something important nagged at the back of his head. He had ensured no Radicals entered the control room, he could feel it in his gut. However, something about the incident didn't feel right. Was it the dream? Was it the callsign between him and his ground team? It was hard to say. However, he did his best not to trouble himself with these things. He had a sister to go back to, and a vacation to have. This soothed his mind for the moment, but it would be inevitable that the conflict in the country would follow him.

Tom fled south towards Mexico. He hitched rides with other refugee groups, eventually coming to the border through some great amount of luck and determination. He passed into the country, not knowing that the war would inevitably follow him.

Terrance, Joan, and Peter both returned home, hoping to help their local communities. None of them were prepared for what was coming, and could only crawl and bite to try and minimize harm.

Inteus, Wallace, and Abner all did their best to minimize casualties. The three of them watched over the country like guardian angels, attempting to stop and avenge every war crime and atrocity before it had a chance to begin. However, the war was over the whole country. They couldn't be everywhere, and they couldn't save everyone. It was a lesson that Inteus didn't manage to learn, and a lesson that Wallace didn't capitalize on.

Nicole did her best to bring the Federalists and Constitutionalists to peace terms, eventually managing to get the two to agree to a ceasefire. However, by the time she had managed to do so, millions were already dead, with their bodies littering the street. She hindered the radicals when she could, but Miranda was always quick to turn things around and keep them in the running.

Maisha, or more accurately Emily, wound up working with Nicole, albeit inadvertently. With an early crippling to federalist forces, she focussed on the radicals, being hampered by Miranda.

As America collapsed, most of the rest of the world followed suit, as Johnson feared. Only a select few nations, mostly in the Oceanic region, managed to maintain a semblance of stability and safety as the rest of the world suffered in war. Many of these nations also had to deal with their own problems, ranging from climate change to famines, to pestilence. Time would tell if they met the fate of Italy.

Johnson and his staff disappeared off the face of the Earth. They were failures, and they felt like it. They took up new identities and tried to live a quiet life, the guilt of their failings, and their misdeeds plaguing them until they passed away.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Re: VLDR: Convention of the Minds - WORST ENDING

Postby leeten » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:10 pm

Last edited by leeten on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leeten
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:12 pm

I don’t think poly posted the winners yet

Are we even allowed to post

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:44 pm

How dare you post. Anyway.

Survivors:
Abner Lawrence
Mark Twain
Terrance Mauris
Peter
Joan Cleaver
Wallace Greenshoe
Nicole Bianchi
Emily
Inteus Rite
Tom Grant
Miranda Kerry

Ultimate Winner:
Knockoff: Abner Lawrence (The Survivor)

Technical Ultimate Winner:

AcidicBreeze: Nicole Bianchi (The Immigrant)

Normal WInners:
ChubbyMooshroom9: Miranda Kerry (The Forgotten)

Technical winner:
leeten: Peter (The Sheriff)

Honorable Mentions:
Mark Twain
Terrence Mauris
Joan Cleaver
Michael Tooth
Wallace Greenshoe
Emily/Miasha
Inteus Rite
Last edited by PolyesterHomes on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Roles:
Spoiler: Cyan: http://prntscr.com/sysgey
Hawk: http://prntscr.com/sysgih
Rene: http://prntscr.com/sysgmh (God I hate how the yellow on white looks)
Multi: http://prntscr.com/sysicd
Acidic: http://prntscr.com/sysgw8
Knock: http://prntscr.com/sysh8a
UzayAltay: http://prntscr.com/syshi5
Phinerxen: http://prntscr.com/syshn9
Leeten: http://prntscr.com/syshsz
Yau: http://prntscr.com/syshyu
Arckas: http://prntscr.com/sysi3s
Chubby: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/641862347987615774/721138028768395374/unknown.png

Host Roles:
Spoiler: Johnson:

The Shopkeeper (Abigail):
Commons Keeper (Plum):
Colonel:
Diner Guy (Kenny):

Rant:
Spoiler: Boy, that was an experience. It certainly went a lot better than I was afraid it was going to go, but I didn't go as well as I would have liked. Which, if I'm being honest, is the best any host can hope for.

I regret the communications room mechanic. I think that it should have just been something you can listen too. That way people could have done more things. It was supposed to be a second way of getting money but I couldn't think of how to do that well.

Johnson was an awful Zero. He was sociopathic enough to be hatable but also had moments where he was outright chummy. I should have stuck with the chummy persona, which Kenny wound up exuding the most. Granted, people still would have disliked him as their captor, but at least we wouldn't have had a bumrush against him. He didn't even convince everyone to take him seriously, which turned out to be one of the biggest downfalls in my opinion. If people believed him the game wouldn't have ended the way it did and that's my fault.

I should have rigged rolls more. I let Pam get aware with a ton of bullshit in the 4v1 she shouldn't have, and the whole mustard gas in the vents thing only happened because i'm the sort of people to leave a lot to rolls of the dice.

The currency was fine, I think.

I'm glad Cyantic talked me into axing the carrying penalty. That would have not been a fun mechanic and would have just bogged the game down.

Also, to the inactives, bad. You shouldn't have been so inactive. You know who you are.

I'm fine with how people played their characters. Yeah, they defused a lot of the conflict, but they did what reasonable people would do. Nicole was the most outlandish, but stress can make people do stupid things.

Overall, I look forward to hosting again. I've taken notes and will work to address the core problem in future games.
Last edited by PolyesterHomes on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:45 pm

You may now post.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:47 pm

not even putting inteus's last name down, smh
inteus rite
get it right

anyways, tbh? not that happy with how the game ended up for several reasons. ranted to a few people in PMs in that "game's over but endposts aren't posted" phase. mostly just high amount of inactives and confusing plot.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby AcidicBreeze » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:51 pm

Thank you for hosting poly, enjoyed playing alot.
i will admit the game end felt a little cheap to win off of though.
AcidicBreeze Gen 2 Edition
Spoiler: Danganronpa XXVI: Marcella Usoro - Ultimate Medic
AcidicBreeze
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner

Postby Knockoff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:55 pm

Thanks for hosting Poly.

It did kinda feel like we lucked into a win, but at the same time, I did feel it was pretty clear the escape plan wouldn’t work. We didn’t get many points out of it either.

Losing the 4v1 is pretty funny in hindsight.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:57 pm

I think the game was better than a lot of people will make it out to be, honestly. I did enjoy it, but I just disliked the revealing of alignments(since I thought that was my penalty for breaking laws) . It really stripped some of the fun away from finding out who was who. Also, I despise how the game ended. 5 players get away, and just get punished caught and that’s how it ends? With nothing else to it? That just feels really...anticlimactic, especially since things were reaching a boiling point.

That said, it was a good attempt at a first game. I personally enjoyed it a good bit, but maybe I was more front and center than most. Inactivity isn’t his fault, and I the plot was simple but enough. The machine being confusingly important was weird, and apparently related to the dreams - I never figured out what it was for, and I’m a bit sad I never did. Still, I did have a lot of fun. I don’t feel like o deserve my win, especially how silver plattered it was and how much of a bitch I played(not killing anyone, though I never saw anyone and I was rarely 1 on 1 for an extended enough time). My targets were also never alone which was a feelsbad. Still, I did pursue a more diplomatic route to victory, and I guess that’s what happened? I just feel like I had no hand in it, I’m not really sure. Still, I did enjoy the game a lot.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Inteus just... kinda had a lackluster ending. Just back to the same old. Nothing changed, except he had a little more power.

TBH, stopped caring a lot towards the end once the third decision game was over. Game just ended with 1 casualty and I didn't really accomplish anything.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Knockoff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:03 pm

I also would like to make clear I enjoyed the game. Idk maybe we should’ve tried to murder more, but I didn’t have an incentive to and I had technically already completed my objectives as long as no one pulled anything.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Also, was there even a way to have a good ending?
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby PolyesterHomes » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Hawkwing425 wrote:Also, was there even a way to have a good ending?

No. As Johnson said, if all of you coalitioned, the results would be catostrophic. The best ending that could have happened is two factions making peace with eachother.
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Also three things

1)arckas lmao get called out I knew it
2)holy shit miltes role is fucking busted
3)I knew I was right being paranoid, Tom could see all rooms monkaS

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Phinerxen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:12 pm

I enjoyed the game, had a few gripes here and there, more so with the ending, both overall and with the Fish in the Barrel gang, but at the end of the day I'm glad Poly hosted this
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Postby yauaustin202 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:13 pm

I think i was a major contribution to the staleness of this game. As i seem to be the major murder role.
I had intended for the assault to fail and end up "mercy killing" everyone, but as it would be, we ended up getting thrown into a decision game where Micheal actually sacrificed himself so we could live, which was a weird experience to day the least.

Honestly, this game was just mostly people being too passive and waiting for something to capitalize off of, including myself, as when the pam vs mark thing happened, i fully expected to be "defending pam", but inteus was there and as a major ally, i ended up deciding not to as i really wouldn't survive if i attacked everyone.

All in all, it was a nice game, a bit of a shame that there was some inactivity towards the end there, but i had fun.
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to VLDR