Re: VLDR: Convention of the Minds - WORST ENDING

Postby Knockoff » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:14 pm

wow way more people had incentive to kill than i thought
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:19 pm

>tfw you convince the major killing role to not be the major killer of the group
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby Phinerxen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:20 pm

I was gonna kill everyone during the escape, but uh
That didn't work out at all so not like it mattered
Phinerxen
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Cyantic » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Let me preface this:

I think Poly has the genuine potential of being a brilliant host. His focus on minute details is second to none - from the start at the hotel room to the paintings in the Diner, to room contents, I found it all well laid out and fairly logical. That's good! The improv was a good idea, the 2nd strategic game well thought out, it made a lot of sense to me.

The issues to this game probably lie more with Zero than anything else, looking back. Johnson was a horrible Zero. If I was going to go for this game: revealing the factions halfway through is kind of silly. Tom had aligned himself with people all across the spectrum, so knowing that information then just kind of lead to a weird dissonance. Do I join together with them even though I have no relation and forsake the people I've met... or..?

Characters as a whole were the driving force, not the plot. The plot got away from Poly and he never got it back under control. Without demonstration of how 'cleaning up America is possible', disbelief and coalition work sort of became standard for most people. This pushed the game away from a political focus, and the farther it went, the less it mattered to anyone. I think towards the end there were so few ideologically minded people, it might as well have been a standard game in a lab (and probably would've gone better if that was the case).

Johnson's refusal to demonstrate and his sometimes chummy/sometimes antagonistic character to this sort of defeated the game. It gave players something to rally around and stop fighting each other - mostly.

If I was going back, I'd probably put more restrictions on characters. I sort of went with something memey and incoherent, and while Tom could be a good anarchist, sure, he needed pushed into it. I half assumed there would be something on government overreach or whatever that would convince him one way or another, but that never came to pass. I'd do away with Zero and focus on something on the plot - say this is a secret weapon that can turn the tide or whatever. Push it more to subterfuge - investigative abilities, traps, that sort of thing. Throw in some characters that could be swayed - 4 radicals, 4 'federalists', 4 neutrals.

I think that probably would've kept a more political focus without it getting entirely out of hand. Also, either start with the factions revealed to other faction mates or don't touch it. Everyone kind of guessed from there, and it weakened the game as a whole.

I never did get to much content by myself. Part of this was me being gone for the beginning of roaming, hitting rooms that had nothing (bathroom and showers spring to mind), but also because Nicole was a constant headache. I didn't want to leave Terrance, Peter, or Inteus alone if I could avoid it because Nicole was (from my POV) completely incoherent and a dangerous element, likely to shoot someone if I didn't account for it.

I don't think that's a knock on the game, though, just an emergent feature. Didn't feel like there was enough currency to get good use out of the shops and all, though.

1st Strategic Game, has to be said, worst iteration of the AB game I've seen. 2nd was actually really good, the issue was the drift to more character conflict which just wasn't really happening, and 3rd was innovative and flexible. I think 'leaving four people in limbo' is not a good move, but I won't protest it too harshly, I guess. Wiping out all the Radicals could have been viewed as unfair, but at that point the political aim to the game was so dead it didn't matter.

I don't know if I can summarise this, but hey. I didn't hate the game. I just have complex feelings over it.

(chess puzzled sucked so bad tho sorry)
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:25 pm

fuck the chess puzzle
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby yauaustin202 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:27 pm

Phinerxen wrote:I was gonna kill everyone during the escape, but uh
That didn't work out at all so not like it mattered

If it actually did happened, it would have probably ended amazingly for me,barring dice rolls, due to you probably being classified as a sinner to me.
Darn, hindsight is 20/20, and i really should've acted earlier.

Chess puzzle can burn in hell
yauaustin202
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby leeten » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:57 pm

there was a lot of random shit in pms that made me smile. here's a sampler.

the pm chains were also very deep at times. all in all, i played this character > role (mainly since I didn't understand roles oof), but it was a good first exposure to a vldr game. i'm looking forward to playing more in the future.

a couple of idiots walk into a room. what happens next may surprise you.

Spoiler:
PolyesterHomes, as Kenny wrote:"No, I went into the kitchen when it went dark. There's lights in there."

Cyantic wrote:Huh. I guess that's not too bad, then. Would've sucked if your job description was 'sit around in the dark and wait for people to show up and pray they don't dick around with the lights'.

Spoiler:
Cyantic wrote:Did you suck the dick of a genie and your wish was 'bullet proof skin', Peter? Be honest.

leeten wrote:Yes, Tom. I did. He was wearing a blue lycra suit with a strategically cut hole. We had Aladdin playing in the background.

yauaustin202 wrote:Listen here closely, lemme ram one of my previously mentioned lessons into both of your skulls.

It's very simple, you say DON'T say: "I'm sorry daddy i've been very naughty.
Instead, it's supposed to be: "Forgive me father, for i have sinned."
Don't let your granddad catch you doing this sinful shit. At least not where i can see em.

leeten wrote:The lord follows all missionaries, in all positions. He's everywhere.

Cyantic wrote:I never got a GED. I flunked English while flunking Algebra. Took a lot of talent to be bad at both, okay?

I am a welder! I can say fuck with the best of them. See, hold on.

Fuck!

Isn't that like, the pinnacle of blue collar suffering?

Cyantic wrote:I am not the problem. I have absolutely no stories of any interest to tell, unless lesbians rutting under bleachers interests you. Nothing involving me. I am as Christian as they come. If you ignore all the other parts of being a Christian.

Spoiler:
Cyantic wrote:Everyone is. I'm a winner at... oatsies. With the gals. Everyone wants part of this.

leeten wrote:Oatsies. Is that what they're calling them these days? Orgies, bar boy. Man, gotta keep me around to be your dictionary.

Cyantic wrote:Tom cups his hands over his eyes, like he's looking through goggles.

Hellllooooo? Peter's soul? Anyone see his soul? Yes? Oh, it got taken by Satan's boys after he was forced to rescue an overweight grandma from Micky Ds play pen for the sixth time? Yeah, sorry mate. Looks like it was entirely soulsucking. Better luck next reincarnation.
leeten wrote:I'll let you know that that grandma was very grateful, and so was her grandson. The playpit was never the same. I think we scared Satan off.

Spoiler:
Cyantic wrote:More used to men over chesspieces, I assume.

Hawkwing425 wrote:[Doc blushes.]

W-well, you- I- I'm not that great with chess, but I don't think it's even about the chess...

Cyantic wrote:Oh? Are you an expert in moving certain pieces to certain slots, then? That's how you know?

Cyantic wrote:I mean, you don't do surgery on the clothed, yeah? So chess problems contain 50% more clothes. Or... I mean, does a computer have clothes? Can a computer be naked?

Is this equally naked compared to surgery?

Cyantic wrote:Does this make a disk drive its dick? His dick? Would that mean a laptop is a woman compared to the PC being a male?

Okay, wait, so is a cover clothes? Like, a laptop cover would be synonymous with a dress, right? So what is pants for a PC? Being tucked away in a cabinet or something, the uh... fuck what's it called... the tower?

Man, laptops in dresses, huh? Those are pretty hot.

Hawkwing425 wrote:To... to answer your question about surgery. It depends. Sometimes, all the clothes are taken off and the patient is left completely nude. Usually for abdominal and other torso surgeries. For things like limb surgeries, not always. Also, it's a lot different for if you're in a hospital versus if you're not. There's usually a gown involved for hospital surgeries.

I just don't know how you got to the tangent about computers.

Cyantic wrote:Wow, that was a lot of words I don't understand. What's a... torso? Is that like, you know, saying somethin's fucked up? 'You totally torsoed it, bro.' Like that?

Or is it like a cancer? 'Sorry sir, you have Torso Cancer. It is named after the famous doctor, Dick Torso. It is very sad.'

Hawkwing425 wrote:A torso is the part of the body that isn't the head or limbs. Chest, abdomen area, pelvic region, et cetera.

Cyantic wrote:Wait, chest? What do you call it if they don't have breasts? Also I don't know what those other words mean. Are they names for tits? Man, I didn't realise doctors were into that sort of thing, whole bunch of nicknames.

Or is it like, only for women?

Hawkwing425 wrote:It's still a chest. Chests and breasts are different... The abdomen area is between the chest and pelvic region, and the pelvic region is... well, where your genitalia are.

Cyantic wrote:Oh. Never mind, doctors are boring. Can't you like, call it simpler names? You know? Seems pointlessly complex to me. Just call it like, I dunno, the dick zone or something. Feel like that would clear up a lot of confusion.

Cyantic wrote:Seems dumb to me. Do doctors like, go up to people...

He struts over to the computer.

"Hey, baby, you've got a nice... pelvis... disk slot pelvis." Like that? My god, it's no wonder no one dates doctors.

Cyantic wrote:Wait, what's a dick if not a complex bone? Isn't that why they call it a boner?

Hawkwing425 wrote:THE DICK IS NOT A BONE. It is an organ.

Cyantic wrote:Isn't an organ, you know, when someone blows?

Spoiler:
Phinerxen wrote:Hey, 'old on, that's not true, I am the literal spitting essence of cute, some would go as far as to say I am "quite moe". Whatever the hell that means.

leeten wrote:So anyone want a quickie? I can demonstrate how long I can go without breathin.
leeten
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Previous

Return to VLDR