VLDR - Zero Tether Dilemma | Federico End

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Re: VLDR - Zero Tether Dilemma

Postby Cyantic » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:53 am

Spoiler: So I'm gonna go in order of events and sorta describe what I thought about each one.

Introduction was really fun - it was a decent amount of work, but I liked how it paid off. Giving each person a reason to be there and having it all conflict with each other was a nice experience. It felt, in a way, more accurate to the actual Zero Escape series as a whole and something most games don't touch upon. I liked it a lot.

Pregame was fun, but it didn't hit the right notes I was looking for. Looking back, I should've tinkered with it a bit to make it more RP heavy and less adventurey and learning about the plot. I think that was my mistake, and I should've let things naturally play out as people learned about each other in a relatively peaceful environment. I don't think this worked, but I still kind of think it could, in a way.

Decision Games were a mixed bag, I think. Decision Game 1 was fine, Decision Game 2 should've been tinkered with to make penalties worse, I think. Should've been much more of a sacrifice. The only conflict that occurred in that room was less because it needed too for the decision game and more because Nelson needed two people dead. Decision Game 3 was the highlight of this game, and in a way, I think the climax. It was all down hill from there, but I really liked it. Red especially - Hawk, Nelson, Roque, and Vano had one hell of a decision to make. I think that's more of what DG should be, but that's a bit hard to hit. I think it was ultimately more success with the DG then in ETL, but improvements need to be made. Potential, but this wasn't the best runout for it.

Group roamings was the biggest mistake I made. It just sucked. Horribly. The moves alone nearly drove me insane. The concept is good in a sense?, but I honestly think this just isn't a good fit for VLDR. It makes more sense to keep roaming as it is - for everyone. Less constant moves, less 'things going to drive the host insane', and lets people meet with each other. Bad idea. Just... horrible. Biggest mistake I made. I was so glad getting everyone together because it was just genuinely that bad.

The fact that no one solved Project Room T was lame, but the components to solve it were gone for like most of the game - and the tax scanner ended up in the armoury after Hywel, and I don't believe anyone visited the Armoury after Hywel got his sword. It didn't matter, but that and the sky rags were the best puzzles in the game IMO.

Letting Vano break into everything was a mistake. I think crafting as a whole is just bad, after this game. The only thing it makes sense for is traps - either nothing got used, or what did get used broke the game. There was no 'improved weapons' or what have you. Sorry, TNO. I think crafting should just be nixed - or at least the MECH form. Poison/medical stuff is fine, I think.

Skills were the best part of the system, I think. People running around and getting various lore, all of them having a purpose was fun. It was definitely a mess, but looking back, I don't think there was any cut I could make. I felt everything had importance - and I really wanted to add one more stat anyway. I don't know if it was too complicated to ever be used again, but not having failures for things people were skilled at was immensely enjoyable. Maybe it needs to be tinkered with, maybe not. I might toy with the system in my spare time still, see if I can come up with something better.

Internal/External Influence/Whatever the pairs were was great. It increased RP a lot more and made this game feel natural. This is possibly the biggest success in this game - the pair roles felt a lot more natural since they didn't have to win together or anything and the players could make what they wanted, the internal influence (knowing Cassandra) changed this game in so many ways and gave Nelson a huge motive, and the two important figures (blacksmith and hailey) being kidnapped also added so much to this game. I think this was the biggest change I made, and the most effective one. Absolutely fantastic.

Let's talk about abilities! Bloodhound is a wonderful ability - learning about other characters is great. Someone needs to use that again because it is such a good ability. It's not overpowered, but it lets people learn about each other. Much of the rest went unused, sorta extraneous. I don't think that was necessarily my fault, though, because everyone was specced in a word to combat and if there's no combat...

Each character getting some lore was nice. It felt important, even if the Cerulean subplot was almost-but-not-quite getting anywhere. It was a lot of work, but I think it had a great return on it. This felt like the most natural 'not set in our time' game for me because of that - everyone was vaguely grounded and knew a lot about the forces controlling their world. It certainly wasn't an awkward 'wait, we have a king?' thing that can occur in other games.

Content in this game got fucking chewed through - my god. I estimate 96% of this game was found and resolved by one person or another. That's what lead to the really fast paced speed of this game - I didn't expect it to end in 8 days, but it did, just because the game was that immensely active. In eight days, there was enough actions to last a normal game with typically double or more the run time. But it felt natural - there was nothing left for you guys to see.

'Good end' was something I had in my back pocket to avoid a nasty 'we're gonna kill each other for the sake of violence at the last moments' which was about to happen. I hated that sort of thing because it feels... wrong in a word. Everyone had worked it out so far, everyone had kept it going, and so they... what. Kill each other? I'm OK with the ending, but part of me wonders about the alternative.

Dunno about the flavour in this game - can't really judge that. I have a very dismissive view to my own work.

Move times is necessary to host a game. I don't even care. You absolutely need them for your own sanity. even if they don't work out well and feel awkward, it's just SO MUCH BETTER TO USE IT. That extra time is exactly what you need to stay on top of things. If I ever host again, move times HAVE to be in the game. It's just hopeless otherwise.

I don't think I have much else to say about this game. I think the epilogues feature what I thought about the characters very well - trust me, you would not have gotten a paragraph if I didn't like them and found them interesting people. There's a lot I hope to get used because it worked well, and some stuff that has been tinkered with that might make an occurrence if it makes sense to do so. ZTD was a very experimental game, and it really went like no other game I've seen at least. Points for novelty, ha.

Thanks for playing.
Last edited by Cyantic on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby Cyantic » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:53 am

The Third Nonary Game has concluded. You may now post.
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby XerxesLeFan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:53 am

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
【Horane - Lucius - Phoenix】
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Postby Knockoff » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:55 am

I’m still counting this as a win. I think I played that last confrontation pretty terrible, but yeah.
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby XerxesLeFan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 am

Dude, you were great. I support you so much. I still REALLY WISH YOU HAD DIED THO.

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 am

fed mc ezclap

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby Knockoff » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:58 am

Xerxes you did crazy good honestly. I don’t really like overthinking solutions so I ruled you out immediately after the second incident.

chubby is a hero
Knockoff
Civilian
Civilian

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:59 am

dont get used to it 99% of the time im xerxes but i fail miserably cuz shit rolls

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby XerxesLeFan » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:01 am

<3 god thank you for the validation. I felt like a god because nobody even had a clue until I killed Vano and made it obvious. Bless u

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Hawkwing425 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:04 am

Okay so
Holy fuck
GG
My children lived and got a real feel-good ending
I thought they were gonna die like 9 times
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby AcidicBreeze » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 am

Thanks for hosting cy. Enjoyed the game quite alot.

Rip getting to participate in combat though, started off so good taking out emily.
Also stuff climbing up that hole :(
AcidicBreeze Gen 2 Edition
Spoiler: Danganronpa XXVI: Marcella Usoro - Ultimate Medic
AcidicBreeze
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner

Re: VLDR - Zero Tether Dilemma | Federico End

Postby Hawkwing425 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:59 pm

WARNING: prepare to embrace reading

Spoiler: Could it have ended differently? Of course. Everything could have. Was this the best outcome? Of course not, but with the path she was on, it was probably the one she deserved. The path reserved for those who tried to be better, and earned something for it, but who had committed too many sins to be entirely undeserving of pain. The bittersweet route.

But at least Hailey lived.

That awful Decision Game... it still hurt. Despite Hawk not suffering a single scratch, the pain had been nearly unbearable at the time.

Cyantic wrote:
The Third Decision Game
"There'll be no smoking in the gas chambers."

You stir awake at the sound of a voice.

"This is the Clover Room. Look around you carefully - few make it this far."

The room is surprisingly empty feeling, devoid of anything on the walls, just a light green colour. In the room is three pods and one metal examination table. The pods are empty, but seemingly locked with some sort of keyboard or numpad. There is a figure on the table who is wearing a gas mask. Their breathing is steady and calm, like they're in a deep sleep.

"The Clover Room is simple. In front of you is a young teenager - she's wearing a gas mask. Those pods you see are sealable, but locked. This room will fill with poisonous gas shortly. The mask is the safest bet, but you will live if you get into the pods or put on her gas mask. You may also notice there is no way for everyone in this room to survive. One person will die here, though it need not be you. Unlock the pod, acquire the gas mask, whatever you choose, know that there is a limited time to do it in."

"I wish you all the best of luck."

You recognise with a start the young girl - it's the one in the photograph Hawk showed.

Time for a shower. Decide.

Hawkwing425 wrote:HAILEY!

XerxesLeFan wrote:[Nelson gives a short, surprised laugh.]

Wow. Fucking wow. They actually had the audacity.

Phinerxen wrote:So one of us will die now, apparently? We gotta decide quick, whose gonna take the fall?

TheNiceOne16 wrote:Probably Hawk.

Phinerxen wrote:Why's that?

XerxesLeFan wrote:Oh, well. I'm sure you're going to have to rip Hailey's mask from Hawk's dead body, hm?

Hawkwing425 wrote:Hawk is shaking. She looks on the verge of tears.
I-I’m sorry. If I die, she dies too. They’ll kill her. That’s the worst outcome for all of us, because then only 3 live. But I can’t let her die.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:Well one of us has to die and she doesn’t want her child dead. Life for a life.

Phinerxen wrote:Truth be told, the idea did come to mind, but are you sure?

Cyantic wrote:Nelson gets the third pod open.

Hawkwing425 wrote:...they'll kill her... if I...
A tear runs down Hawk's face. Then, she stops shaking.
...I won't let any of you hurt her. I have dedicated my entire life to her, but I can't die for her. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. She needs to live. She doesn't deserve to die.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:What was the answer?

XerxesLeFan wrote:Triangle, Circle, X. A, O, X. Easy.

I think i'm going to leave you to it, unless anyone would like to object.

[He smiles.]

I'd love to see you try. Good luck.

Phinerxen wrote:How do you know they'll kill her?

Hawkwing425 wrote:She'll only be let go if I escape, right? And if I die, and don't escape... neither will she. And guess what happens to those who don't escape?

Phinerxen wrote:You're being too paranoid. You know people here won't let someone be killed like that. At this point, it's either you live and she dies, or the other way around.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:Death fight then. I’m going to try killing you now Hawk. You best win for your daughter.

XerxesLeFan wrote:... Holy shit. Vano, I....

[Nelson just smiles wider.]

Didn't think you had it in you. What's Federico going to say?

TheNiceOne16 wrote:I don’t care. I’m not dieing.

Hawkwing425 wrote:I'm saving her first. She comes first.

She's... only 13... if there's a way to get her out of here, someone, please, do it.

I'm so sorry.

XerxesLeFan wrote:I'll help your daughter, Hawk. I meant it.

Hawkwing425 wrote:Thank you.

Hawk steels herself.

Vano, Roque, please understand. This is not because of a personal grudge. I like all of you a lot. This is because I love my daughter.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:Daughters not dieing. Atleast if I can help it.

Cyantic wrote:Hawk moves like a bat out of hell. She's standing over her daughter, looking into her eyes.

She gently removes the gas mask, fingertips touching her cheeks. She smiles softly. She's been protecting her for so long, been watching over her for so long. She always wanted to watch her grow up into the best possible person she could be. She needs to see it - she needs to see Hailey bloom.

She needs to be there for her. There's no other way.

Vano is the first to notice, but there's no way she can stop Hawk. Scooping up her daughter, she throws her into the pod and flings the gas mask to the ground. Nelson is stunned - or perhaps... sympathetic? - and can barely move either.

And Roque, well. Roque doesn't even notice.

Pod 3 is occupied.

And Hawk nimbly ducks to the side and opens up Pod 2. With a smile, tears in her eyes, she slips inside.

Pod 2 is occupied.

One pod, one mask, three people left.

When has the world gotten to be such a tight space? It feels like you're choking on how close the world's become, boxed in on all sides. Heartbeats pound in the remaining players ears.

Someone is not leaving this room alive.

XerxesLeFan wrote:Vano. What's the plan? Make it clear. I'll go with you.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:Selfishness is my plan. Im taking the mask. If anyone would like to fight me to the death for it I won’t blame you. Cant break anything in this room fast enough.

Cyantic wrote:Vano stoops down and picks up the gas mask. Without a care, or a glance around, she simply puts it on, helmet scooped away to fit it around her head.

She holds her sword. There's not really any emotion on her face - it's fight or flight. And it seems today that she has chosen as simply as she could, and there will be no weeping for her.

She has grand dreams, after all, and what could they do to a protagonist in the story?

Phinerxen wrote:Ha-ha. Seems like the chances of talking this down is bar-none, so the early bird gets the worm, then.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:Mind the mask if you attack me or were both fucked k?

XerxesLeFan wrote:True. Don't worry Vano, you are an enemy I would never dare to cross, considering my overwhelming respect for you. I'd pledge fealty in any situation other than this.

Phinerxen wrote:Sure, I'll be extra careful.

Cyantic wrote:Nelson jabs an answer down on the keypad. The pod opens.

He looks at the scene - a tug of pity at his heart.

He tosses a scalpel at Roque and with a nod and a salute at the two that remain, he enters.

Pod 1 is occupied.
All pods are now occupied.

Phinerxen wrote:A fair fight now, Vano. I want to go out in a bang, at least, so let me be selfish for once.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:*Vano looks almost light hearted as she nods at Roque with her sword firmly between her hands and a gentle smile on her face*

Cyantic wrote:Roque grew up in a commune - she knows the rules. She's worked her way around blades all her life.

Looking up at the armoured woman in front of her, one could be forgiven for thinking it was hopeless. That she stood no chance. But, hasn't that already happened to her? The man in the hotel. She's fought for her life before.

So has Vano.

They both have wills of iron - a spirit of fire. And beneath fluorescent lights...

Vano moves first, swinging her sword at speed. Roque nimbly jumps to the side, hearing the swish of the sword slice some of her hair off. Her counter is simple - go for the weak point. She moves like a fish, and despite Vano rearing the sword back, she cuts a nice chunk into Vano's neck.

She can feel the blood spurt out, but Vano's a tough fuckin' mountain. She's been shot worse then the neck before - although the blood coming out is alarming.

Cyantic wrote:Roque moves first again, and from her position, slices the unprotected part of Vano's arm, though it's not a crippling blow whatsoever. The lighter underarmour blocks most of the hit.

Vano seems almost amused by this turn of events, and reaches back with a throwing knife. Roque jumps out of the way, but that was never the goal. You swear beneath her mask, she smiles.

The knife is thrown.

Roque watches it spiral harmlessly next to her.

They both watch it explode, sending shrapnel everywhere. Roque screams in pain as her legs are peppered with metal shards. Vano winces as a bit of it gets her knee.

Round two goes to Vano.

Hawkwing425 wrote:You can't tell if Hawk is crying or laughing inside the pod, though odds are on crying, but you do hear a muffled "I'm so sorry". It's clear she's mentally disengaged from the reality of the situation right now.

Phinerxen wrote:sshhiitt, Vano... I asked for a fair fight now, huh? No underhanded tricks. Strike one, as some people say.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:Its just me versus you. This is as fair as it gets.

Cyantic wrote:Roque grits her teeth and shakily stands up, but Vano is already moving.

She flings a throwing knife at Roque, and she can feel it skimp across her cheek, not doing any real damage. The real threat is Vano, who is moving at her with rapid speed. Vano brings up the sword and swings it down at her, hitting her in the left shoulder as she rolls. The cut isn't that bad - clearly she was aiming at something unprotected - but it fucking hurts.

A lifetime of gambling and fighting, though, makes you tough as nails. Perhaps as tough as a woman in iron. And with a fucking feral scream, you can feel something change.

A tick.

And then a move in time, or something changed. Like fate itself had done something... strange. Either way, Roque's feral grin shines all the brighter.

With all of her bodyweight in one blow, she knocks Vano to the ground, shocking the hell out of Vano. With a thud, she can feel something in her back pop, but her grip on the sword remains tight.

Phinerxen wrote:Well, I hope you don't mind me using my own trick, Vano. Fair's fair at this point.

TheNiceOne16 wrote:*Vano snorts*
Just try to keep up.

Cyantic wrote:Roque tries to hold down Vano's sword arm, but she realises it's a failing endeavour. Vano is the mountain, and she is the river -different strengths.

Vano's focused on the ant that seeks to overcome her, but Roque is already on the move, the knife diving into her neck again. Blood is spurting down her neck in force, and Vano's struggling to breathe.

But when you focus on all of one movement, you lose sight of the rest. Vano moves her hand and grips her face, a searing heat rising against her cheek and nose, with an awful scream of pain from Roque.

And with the sword hand...

Vano guts Roque. Blood and guts seems to be spilling out, and Roque can only struggle to try and break free, which she does at the last moment, rolling to the ground. She screams and screams and screams.

Cyantic wrote:Vano presses her hand against her neck, slowing the bleeding. She screams from the heat, but she seems to know she has to do it. Has to seal the wound.

Roque feebly moves on the ground, crawling over to Vano, bloody scalpel in hand. But Vano triggers something and smoke rises into the air, and she can only swing wildly.

She misses. She can feel herself growing weaker and weaker.

Cyantic wrote:Roque knows this is the end of the line. She's been damn good at what she's done... she's been top of the class.

All luck runs out. Everything dies in the end - it's just one bad hand in the end. Just one mistake and the house of cards comes crashing down. She just didn't think it would be so soon. So many sights to see, so many people to meet, so many places to go. And beneath a clinical white ceiling, it ends.

Everything does. She can't even see through the smoke, but with every ounce of luck, cheated and scraped off from her travels and her history, she prays.

She prays that if there is a God or Gods watching, this throw goes clean.

This throw completes a small mercy in this world.

To kill this bitch.

The scalpel is thrown, up into the air. She can't hold herself up any longer to watch it, but she doesn't need too. This is it. End of the line.

Vano doesn't even know, she can't even see. Revelling in the good fight, believing in conquest. A worthy opponent, but few are a match for Vano Vadoma. Few can meet her in the end.

The scalpel comes clean. It hits straight through the gas mask, and Vano can feel it get stuck in her eye. She screams long and hard, but she knows... she's won.

As long as the gas mask stays together, she's won. There's nothing she can do.

Roque collapses to the floor.
Vano leans against a wall, gas mask still on, a victor at last.

Hawk, seated in her living room, alone, cup of tea untouched on the table in front of her in the middle of the night, remembered. And then again, and then again. After all that, she still somehow made it out. Hailey made it out. And everything that came with escaping... the settlement, the end of Titan, the long-deserved chance for peace... but... there were still the scars. For a few weeks following arriving home, she could swear she was about to be attacked. Sometimes, she'd even think someone was in the room with her, when there was nothing but her and her overactive imagination. Thankfully, that went away with frequent high-quality therapy, but...

That never really erases the memories, does it? It never really gets rid of the emotions. Only time can even partially manage to do that.

There was one specific thing that floated to the forefront of her mind. Roque. She liked Roque. She never quite got to express that, but something about the younger woman had caught Hawk's attention. Maybe it was that they were both suspects in the tether-cutting case. Misery enjoys company, or something. After everything, there was one particular memory of the late Roque that stuck with her. The final one.

Hawk wrote:...You put up a good fight. I'm sorry it was you or her. Someone had to die. That was the unpleasant truth of it, and I didn't want to be that someone. I'll fully admit to selfishness, and know that your blood is at least partially on my hands.

I thank you, though I'm talking to a corpse that can neither hear nor comprehend me. Your death allowed Hailey and I to live. Oh, and Nelson. And Vano, I suppose. I'm going to keep fighting to survive, and I get that chance because you're dead.

Goodbye, Roque de Lares. I hope that as few of us as possible meet your fate.

??? wrote:Somehow, you feel fate change.
You get the feeling like you should leave.
Perhaps it's Roque's way of giving you one last blessing - for one last kindness. Or perhaps you're being superstitious.

Was that actually Roque, in some way? She never really understood what would have happened had she stayed, but somehow, she knew, even months after it was all over, that she had avoided something terrible, all because she had obeyed that odd urge. Time and time again, during that game... she had felt urges like that. Gut feelings that would prove correct.

She was not a religious woman, nor a spiritual one in any manner. She also didn't truly believe in whatever morphogenetic field bullshit was being peddled to her while she was captive on the station. All a bunch of pseudoscience. But that moment, she could not explain with logic. That game, she could also not explain with logic. It simply was, and it would always have been. The only thing to do for her was to accept that; to accept the impact that it had on her, to accept that it happened, for better or for worse.

Hawk looked at the door to her left. That one led to Hailey's room, where Hawk's beloved daughter, the one person she truly ever dedicated her life to, slept peacefully, having little to no recollection of anything that had happened up there. What would have happened, had it ended differently? Would there still be this moment, where Hawk could truly know, for the first time in her life, that Hailey was safe?

Hawk made a resolution of belief.

There was not and never would be any way to change the past.

"...and thank fate for that."

Hawk and Hailey Grey: GOOD END.
Last edited by Hawkwing425 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Re: VLDR - Zero Tether Dilemma | Federico End

Postby Arcthurus » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:01 pm

already posted this in the game server but i wanna leave this here for future reference as well
i wrote a 7 page character analysis sorta on oberyns background + stuff that happened during ztd here
i dont usually do this for my characters but idk i just felt up for it this time

ok now for the game itself

the stat system was a little interesting although i personally dont enjoy doing min maxing which is what it seems to promote and i would honestly just rather either have something like bde where stat changes are minimal or just have the host do stats like usual
also the idea of skills that youre just good at and cant actually fail at is cool too though these could just be replaced by common sense when the host makes the roles too
also i may be biased because i rolled low so many times but i dont think i like INT as a stat and im prolly not gonna use it in my games

i liked the concept of roles being half premade and half tailored to the background of the players i think thats a pretty neat idea that could see some more love

the decision games were interesting but despite being the stars i feel like they were just a little shy away from being great
1st was alright as an introductory one thats more for rp than anything since the stakes were purposefully low
2nd didnt really work not only bc stakes were still low but because healing pods even with their drawbacks didnt make it a big deal
3rd one was okay because there was the rp aspect to give it some decision aspect
curious what you were planning to do after the 3rd specially since you said the erc mainframe wouldve done progressively worse decision games
personally for future ztd style games i would like to see even more deadly decision games if possible which i know runs opposite to rp and char development in a way because it means people die and shit but i feel like that should be the point

in the topic of split roaming i really do like the idea even if its an obstacle to rp with most of the other players which is a problem that could be fixed with a similar idea to the watches that we had this game
cy says split roaming was hell but i think it deserves a try again and i think one reason mightve been because each section was a copy of each other so you had to remember that
anyway i think permanent split roaming would be interesting rather than how it happened here to give a bigger feel for isolation which is imo one of the few appeals of zero escape ztd
for example cassandras game despite being just background lore for this game had a more ztd feel to it than this if that makes sense or maybe i just wanted the game to feel more hopeless and egdy

also on watches they were a cool thing for this game so theres that although i did feel like there couldve been a chat just for each group too that is a group just for reds etc ofc this would mean youd need to clean up past messages
it was a cool idea at first imo what with split roaming and all but it then becomes a super powerful group tool when it turns out everyone is actually together so i think both that and the watches wasnt a good call
its a strong tool for cooperation and letting everyone in on whats happening with everyone which is not something you would have in a regular game for example lol but i think its a valid thing for split roamings

lore wise ill admit i was never really sure about what the game was about purpose wise up until postgame lol idk how much we were supposed to understand about the game at the later stages so thats a feelsweird
the videos in the video room i think was the name were cool though and i tried investigating things to understand some of it and at the very least i had a grasp on what happened in the previous nonary game with cassandra so thats cool
granted i guess oberyn wasnt really a main character since not directly related to all the jtr incident shit or anything and instead had this theoretical cerulean stuff that didnt really matter much

zeros were alright leontiy was a dick and alexia was a liar
bickering with leontiy and replying to his own bickering was funny and it was interesting to try to meet alexia in person and figure out what was up with her even though all she did was lie
i guess there was some lore to be found by talking to them privately or somesuch but that didnt really work with oberyn just hating leontiys guts
thats all i really got to say about them

the idea of pairs that arent really pairs but can have some relation to each other for rp purposes is a great idea imo and leaves a lot of flexibility which i liked
i mean in the end acidic and i went with basically pair roles but its cool to have the option of setting it up however we want for instance it wouldve been super cool to see federico have a final showndown with vano
rip spretz and milte

characters wise i think most people did a pretty good job in doing interesting chars that sadly i did not get the chance to get to know better probably due to the fast paced nature the game ended up taking
federico was a refreshing role for chubby and im glad he gets his deserved good end while nelson was a complete surprise out of left field of an antagonist which was well done of xerxes and very top of him

minor stuff: lack of realism hurt this game a bit imo
my main issue was the knives i got from hawk just going back to her after she wins the game again which made no sense
also healing pods couldve been done better

last but not least i think vano blowing through things is an example that sometimes you absolutely should restrict player freedom lmao
letting people do what they want is cool but you also risk incredibly dumb shit happening which can make the game not as enjoyable as a slew of problems
players may say boo lame that you wont let me do this but on the grand scheme of things its better to be lame sometimes

overall this was a pretty fun game and cy did well for their first game and i would like to play in more

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Previous

Return to VLDR