Dipshit's Guide to VLDR: End of Mystery - Cult End(True)

Virtue's Last Dangan Ronpa

Re: VLDR: End of Mystery

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:54 am

Jack enters his booth.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby spretznaz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:54 am

Man, how did it turn out like this?

Let's ally and leave ASAP.
Spoiler: Image

Click pic, join Cabal.

spretznaz
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby XerxesLeFan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:54 am

Oh, really Jack? The one person we needed with the X passes to escape isn't here, and neither are our captors. The night brings with it many troubles...

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
【Horane - Lucius - Phoenix】
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:55 am

Crystal enters her booth.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:56 am

Danny enters the booth.

Do not post. Voting has begun.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:38 pm

You all exit the booths, Danny with his gun drawn, and Rin immediately making a sprint for the door.

It's now or never, Danny. Will you pull the trigger?

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:41 pm

BANG!

The shot goes wild, and Rin leaves the room. You hear the sound of a motorcycle revving, and roaring into the distance.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Danny runs over to the booth, and sees...he can't stand the sight.

Crystal's eye has been destroyed with some wires sticking out, and you can hear the crackling of electricity. You look inside her eye, and see the bullet. It went deep. Very deep. You can the motherboard for all this hard work, a bullet lodged in it, shattered in two.

Jack goes to run, but...he has to confirm something first. He flips over the pairings.

Spoiler: Jack & Danny vs Crystal & Rin
ALLY vs BETRAY
Liam & Saeki vs Michael & Joseph
ALLY vs ALLY
Sao & Ocicath vs Patrick & Elizabeth
ALLY vs ALLY

Jack runs out the door.

Points have been updated.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby PolyesterHomes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:49 pm

"Rin, you stupid fucking bastard."
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:51 pm

(ur not in thread poly smd)

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby AltsandHostsonly » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Francis enters, and looks at the scoreboard.

"So Taylor has actually done it." He looks happy, and then he turns to Danny.

"Is this how you plan to spend it?"
A man with a muted palette and messy, yet organized, brown hair. He wears what seems to be dress shoes, and possesses a somber aura. His face is beginning to show the signs of aging, with lines around his cheeks. Despite this, he is well built.

He makes all the girls explode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AltsandHostsonly
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby spretznaz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:01 pm

Does it really matter anymore?

Click pic, join Cabal.

spretznaz

Postby AltsandHostsonly » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:03 pm

He laughs, and it's one of the rare times you see Francis with a smile on his face.

"True, Taylor did not ask for us to leave you alive. And, obviously, we cannot have you contact the authorities. But wouldn't you rather have your last memories be joyful instead of depressing, mourning over some soulless machine you've never met before this?"
A man with a muted palette and messy, yet organized, brown hair. He wears what seems to be dress shoes, and possesses a somber aura. His face is beginning to show the signs of aging, with lines around his cheeks. Despite this, he is well built.

AltsandHostsonly
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: VLDR: End of Mystery - Rin End?

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Danny stares back up at Francis in anger, angered at him calling Crystal a soulless machine. It angers him as an engineer, Heygu was right fucking there and they took her away. He pulls out his gun, and points it at Francis's head, immediately pulling the trigger. He quickly sidesteps, as you are not the most lethal marksman he has encountered. He runs at you, and you try to back off, but he is far too fast for Danny. He grabs Danny's arm, and pulls him closer, before punching him square in the face and breaking his nose.

"Of course, I do this of my own free will having cut my ties to God, but remember that it was God who brought you here to die. An unfortunate soul who did not deserve this.

Rest in peace, Danny McIntyre."

As Danny sits dazed on the floor, Francis takes his boot, and brings it down on Danny's head. A sickening splat is heard, as Francis leaves the room unphased.

"Well, the time is drawing near to end this all." The night grows closer, different from the sunset he figured it would be. Clearly this is not the day.

Danny has died.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Right? Left? Who knows. Jack has lost track of where he's been in the sewers, and where he has not. He knows he cannot escape through the gate, so an exit must be somewhere in the sewers. The only sounds he hears are his shoes slapping the concrete, and his heavy breathing reverberating through the tunnels. He won't die here, he's always found a way to continue on, even if that meant succumbing to paranoia. Sure as hell this one stroke of luck will be doom. And as it has it, it might be.

Ted calmly rounds the corner, desert eagle in hand, and points it at you.

"Game over, Jack. People have tried this before, and I'm too familiar with these sewers for my own good. Haha, though I won't deny the knowledge comes in handy."

You stand there at an impasse. You can't do shit to an armed man. Maybe throw the battleaxe? No, it's far too heavy.

"You've got me. I give up. Just make it quick." Ted looks at you offended.

"Now now, your chance is not over yet. Arcades let you put in more money to continue the game, yeah? Well, Taylor-

"Taylor?"

"Rin, fine. She went out of her way to ask me to offer you the chance to join us. You'll get to live on through there. I'm sure you don't need amazing critical thinking to know the other option."

Jack thinks for a moment, then says, "...I lost everything because of god. If my choice is dedicating my life to hating them or die, i'd rather spend me life hating them in the group." Ted smiles. He walks over to you, and offers you his hand. Jack takes it, and shakes it.

"Welcome to the Stray Rose, Jack."
Jack has survived.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As Rin, the girl known by everyone in this small community as Taylor, rides through the encroaching night, she thinks about everything that she had just gone through. 11 people she had never known. An arduous trial that brought bloodshed, heartache, and many tears for her. It's something that almost nobody has succeeded in, and she's finally among Ted and Francis as being free from God. She lets her hands go of the bike. looks up to the sky and spreads her arms. The cool night air is refreshing against the sweat beading down her skin, the heat of her skin. Tears roll down her eyes. She has a smile on her face, and she pushes on through the night.

She arrives at Kiara's house, and knocks. Opening the door a pretty woman and buff man open the door, wondering who could it be at this late hour. They see Rin at the front door, dripping with sweat, tears streaking down her face and plastered with a true smile, and the woman immediately hugs her.

"You did it! I can't believe it! Come on, let's get you inside."

"Well, guess I ain't gonna be making history then. Still, congrats kid. Glad to see you've come out better."

They usher Rin inside, who still can't get over her feelings of excitement. It's a new era for her. She has defied God. She has proven to the world that she can do it. That she is independent.

This was her Stage, and my god that was one hell of a performance.

Rin has won!

Do not post.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Approximately one week after you had completed her stage, the town was abuzz. The first since Francis, 14 years ago, to successfully complete it. Nobody has lived to tell the story, as all the failures tried again, and promptly died. They were all excited to hear your story, what had she gone through? What was it like? Can I do it next? You felt like an A-list celebrity. Youanswered the questions gladfully and thoughtfully, giving back to the community that has done so much for you.

Eventually, your life returned to normal. You were not bothered by it, you had no reason to be. This was what your life was like before, except free from the ethereal strings that controlled subtly guided you. You can truly be who you were meant to be all these years. You --

"The salt, if you don't mind." You snap back to reality. You're eating dinner with Ted and Francis. Ted's smile was warm and comforting, and Francis was as stoic and calm as ever. You pass him the salt.

"Thanks." He puts a hefty amount of salt on his food before he starts eating. You couldn't help notice, though, that there was a tinge of alertness in his voice. It's probably nothing. Francis looks out the window in the kitchen from the dining room, and Ted and Rin do as well.

It's sunset.

"I know I've beat this point to death, but congratulations. You have truly done something extraordinary. I'm sure you'll bring a new era to this religion, and more people will begin completing it. You did something good for the faith." Maybe you're just growing crazy after this rough week, but you could have sworn you heard hostility in Francis's voice, and a killer glance directed at Ted. You brush the thought off. They were always good friends with one another, always joking. You're probably just paranoid after everything that's happened. Maybe you just need a bit more rest.

"I'm going to sleep early tonight, if you don't mind. I think I'm going crazy, I swear I'm seeing that you too want to kill each other." Ted remains silent, but oddly still, looking past you, maybe looking at Francis's reflection in the TV. Francis's eyes lower.

"You're fine. Just stay and eat." Francis's fist tightens around the knife he's using to cut his steak.

"Maybe you should go home if you're not feeling well. We can always do this another time."

You want to agree, but Francis cuts you off.

"No, we wont." Francis suddenly gets out of his chair, and charges at Ted with the knife. Ted stands up and kicks the chair at Francis, which he jumps over. Ted fires his gun, hitting Francis's knife arm and causing him to drop the knife. He perseveres, however, and tackles Ted to the ground, causing the desert eagle to fly across the floor and land at your feet. You pick it up.

"Stop it! What the hell are you doing!" Francis sighs, and looks at you.

"What I must, and should have done long ago. This man is nothing more than a grifter in this for the money. All the taxes? They go to him as charitable donations. He doesn't actually care about you, why do you believe he did not want you to do this? He wanted more money. He believes none of this, yet it's all true. A faux smooth talker." You look at Ted for an answer. He's silent for a bit.

"I'm not gonna lie, I am in this for the money. I don't particularly care about the values of this cult. But I've led many people to what they consider to be happiness, and while I may seem like a smooth talker, I do care about you. ...It may be hard to believe, but I promise this is the truth. Francis doesn't care about you. He cares about this cult. He doesn't care about the individual members, he simply wants the idea to be spread. He doesn't care about you, Kiara, Terry, or anyone. He-" Francis cuts him off, and they get into a heated argument. You look at the gun in your hands, completely zoned out. Does it have to end like this? Why? This is their choice after all, but why do I need to...

Make your choice, Rin.

Ted
Francis

..............................................................................................................

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:43 pm

Both of you, pipe the fuck down. We're civilized, aren't we? And you're both very important to us. To the community. To me, for hell's sake. It doesn't have to end like this. Nothing has to happen, remember? Not for us three. We are free.

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby AltsandHostsonly » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:49 pm

"I cannot let someone who flaunts what I, and several people, have dedicated their lives too. It is a matter of honor and pride. Plus, I can easily fill in Ted's role. A liar can be replaced by the genuine article. I've seen him talk, I can do it easily."

AltsandHostsonly
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:49 pm

"I...don't think you understand, Taylor. Our ideals are completely opposed. I bridged that gap once, 14 years ago. That bridge has clearly been burnt. But I cannot repair someone's pride that I've trampled on, that's in the hands opf someone else. Of course, his death would mean no longer constantly looking over my shoulder."

He sighs.

"Do what you will, Taylor. I'm confident that in whatever you do, it will be the right choice."
Last edited by ChubbyMooshroom9 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Arcthurus » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:18 pm

...I see.

She sighs. Slowly, she places the gun on her waist and picks up her wine glass from the table.

I understand Francis is fully devoted to the cause. More so than anything else. All these years, I'll admit he seemed just a little too strict, too zealous. After what I went through though, I feel like I understand him more. The feeling of being truly free... Of no longer being tethered to God. It is true ascension. Like the rain has gone, allowing me to see clearly. After 27 years, it's like I'm reborn. We need someone like him, someone who tells and knows the truth firsthand.

On the other hand, Ted. You did me so well. My life changed because of you. You helped me when I was at my lowest, time and time again. Your support, albeit reluctant, made all the difference. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. To all this, I owe it to you. I never said this before, but... You're truly a father to me. I... love you.

That is why I cannot choose between the two of you. I'm sorry.

Francis. I understand your pride has been hurt. It is understandable you feel this way. But let's face the truth. You and I are the only ones, aren't we? Surely you understand, this is just part of his nature. This skepticism, it's who he is, along with his care for people like me, Kiara, Terry, and so on. Your feelings are in the right place, but remember: Ted's feelings have only one place to be. He is bound. It isn't out of his own choice. He isn't like us.

But he could be.

It could be the one way to resolve this. It's been done twice now, hasn't it?

The way to give him freedom, the freedom he deserves for being such a good person. The freedom I believe he deserves, because I love him. Our freedom.

Don't you think so? Francis? Ted?

Art Count: 3
Spoiler: Cyrus & Horane

---
Aeolus & Phoenix

---
Xero & (Priest)
Arcthurus
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Tension hangs in the air. Rin is unsure of whether or not what she said was enough to stop them, or bridge any sort of gap between the two. Francis on top of Ted, but both unarmed, and their fates in the hand of someone who they both knew for 12 years. Both are anxious to move, knowing that one error could likely be fatal.

Ted is a resourceful fox, while Francis is a hunk of muscle.

Shockingly, Francis turns to Rin, and back at Ted, before loosening his grip.

"I...suppose you are right." Francis seems to hate himself for saying this - Rin's logic is sound, and in accordance with what he believes, but it feels wrong to let Ted survive. He is a liar. A scoundrel. Someone, if God were truly a good being as described in the Bible, would be rotting in the 9th layer of hell with Lucifer himself. Rin smiles, and looks at Ted, hopeful that he'll accept his offer.

"Are you kidding, Taylor? I'm over 50, there's no way I'd survive. That's just basically killing me at a later day."

"So you'd rather die now, instead of fight for your life?" Francis seems eager to kill Ted at any moment. As if he had waited a long, long time for this.

"Listen, Ted, I used all the tricks you taught me to survive. I never once had to resort to using anything Francis taught me. And I know you know the power of words. So please." Tears well up in Rin's eyes. Ted looks at her, than the floor.

"...My own words being used against me, huh? Karma's a bitch. Tch. Yeah, I'll do it." A smile crescents Rin's face, and Francis stands up, a look of disgust at Ted. He offers his hand reluctantly, refusing to even look at it. Ted stares at, before accepting it and giving him a cold glare."

Human wit should not be underestimated. It can pull off miracles nothing else can.

Cult End- True
Last edited by ChubbyMooshroom9 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Re: Re: VLDR: End of Mystery - Rin End?

Winners
Rin(Arcthurus, Rebel)

Survivors
Rin(Arcthurus, Rebel)
Jack(PolyesterHomes, Prepper)

Honorable Mentions
Crystal(XerxesLeFan, Sav10r-Mk1)
Michael(LordOfFail, Officer Sanders)
Ocicath(IAmAMunchlax, Vagrant)
Joseph(TheNiceOne16, Sadist)
Elizabeth(AcidicBreeze, Nymph)
Saeki(Hawkwing425, Muse)
Patrick(Multiuniverse, Broker)
Danny(spretznaz, Technophile)
Sao(renetear, Sergeant Reeves)
Liam(PokemonKidRyan, Average Joe)

Roles:
Spoiler:
Sav10r-Mk1
"I am hand-crafted perfection, and I will be your icon."
A man-made robot that has a high capability of intelligence thanks to a custom made AI. It has obtained partial sentience through this. You are the centerpiece of Heygu, a modern day group of fanatics who believe machines will herald in the next era and salvation from humans, imbued with something otherworldly that allows them to function. You were made to be this centerpiece. When allowed into public, people you recognized as "upper members" usually watched you, making sure you were never too obvious. They were to ensure their perfection did not deviate, and they taught you how to act. You are grateful for them creating you, and grateful for all they have done.
Code: Select all
STR: +2    |     DEX: +2      |    CON: +5
-------------------------------------------
PER: +3     |     WIL: -5     |    ACC: +2

Man-made Artifice - You are a robot, and thus things will be processed accordingly. You don't need to be worried about drinking water like a human being(but beware of it otherwise). You look human.

Salvation - Once, you may revive a player. Their body must be relatively intact, and they cannot have died more than one phase cycle ago(maybe simply within 1 phase, ie roaming/voting and not past that). Their injuries will be healed to the bare minimum, and anything not healed will not count against your wincon. Doing this will infer a -3 penalty to all of your stats.

Registry - You know there are two members of your cult named Jack Thompson and Danny McIntyre.

Wincon: Ensure the other two members of your cult escape unharmed.

Average Joe
I just want to grill.
Just an average guy who happened to get roped into whatever the hell this all is.
STR: +0    |     DEX: +0      |    CON: +0
PER: +0     |     WIL:+0     |    ACC: +0

Life Experience - You have 5 points to put into your stats. Making yourself adept will cost 3, while making yourself inept will give you 3.

Pro-Pain - You may choose to start with a gallon of propane, a first-aid kit, or a kevlar vest.

Wincon: Escape.

Vagrant
"I don't need friends. I've got him!"
A man on the run from some people chasing him. They got a hold of you, and threw you into solitary confinement. However, they forgot to take your earpiece out, so your operator on the other end was able to successfully direct you out of the building, killing some operatives along the way. Just as you escaped however, you passed out from presumably from a poison dart, and woke up here.

Of course, to your deceased family and friends, you are a schizo who forgot to take their meds regularly. And rampaging your way through an insane asylum is quite exhausting.
STR: +3    |     DEX: -3      |    CON: +2
PER: +0     |     WIL: +2     |    ACC: -2

Revelation - A voice in your head will tell you things about the game, players, or puzzles.

Table for Two - You begin the game with 5 AB points.

Wincon: Escape alone.

Sadist
"Blood is red, corpses are blue, you'd think I said, 'that'll be you!'"
A serial killer who's been actively moving across the contiguous US to avoid capture, you enjoy the fight in the moment of beating someone else down, and the torture afterwards is amazing. You live in the moment for it, but you have never experienced that same rush as your first one. It was an amazing, blissful feeling. . No matter how many atrocious acts you commit, you can't get that same rush. If only you could experience that same rush again...
STR: +0    |     DEX: +2      |    CON: -2
PER: +3     |     WIL: +1     |    ACC: -1

Death by a Thousand Cuts - You will always succeed with slashing/cutting actions versus people/meat/flesh you get the point, but the cuts will not be mortal or too severe.

Blade Dancer - Should you predict an opposing combatant's action, you will dodge it flawlessly if you are able to dodge.

Hobbyist - You start the game with any knife of your choice.

Wincon: Be the leading cause of kills, or kill somebody an escape.

Prepper
"I don't trust any of this...but if I can monitor it I'll be prepared."
A member of some obscure cult you forgot the name of, Heywa or Heygu(this one), something like that. It's built around the fact machines are godly, and will user humans into a new era of prosperity moreso than the Industrial Revolution as they are God incarnated. Something like that. Anyways, you don't believe that, you but you don't believe in machines being safe at all, so might as well get on their good side, right?
STR: +2    |     DEX: -1      |    CON: -1
PER: +2     |     WIL: +0     |    ACC: -1

Darting Eyes - Sneak attacks will never succeed on you.

Off The Grid - You cannot be detected by electronic machinery, and can hide in most places normal people could not fit.

Escape: Escape with all of your cult members.

Broker
"Calls on $TSLA!"
You were making bank off the market. All time highs, and the cash was rolling in. Then it all crashed because of that fucking virus. You were ruined. Tens of thousands of debt. Then someone reached out to you, and they helped you through your tough time. They said they had to go back to California, sadly, but said you should tag along if you like. They had someone who wanted to meet you as well. So you did, and while you were in their car, you got into a car accident and blacked out.
STR: +0    |     DEX: -1      |    CON: +1
PER: +1     |     WIL: -1     |    ACC: +1

Law of Large Numbers - You will become adept at an action should you successfully perform it 5 times.

Penny Stock Portfolio - You have a chance to find items in places they would not be(reward determined on a 1-20 roll)

Muse
"Our performance begins".
A person who is active in the theater scene in LA. You've always been a charismatic fellow and great at building props, but you decided to experiment with things more on the lethal side, feeling increasingly paranoid over the week.
STR: +1    |     DEX: +2     |    CON: +0
PER: +1    |     WIL: -2     |    ACC: +0
ADEPT: Constructing Traps
INEPT: Direct Combat

Pied Piper - Should a player willingly choose to follow you, you will be notified. You may choose to leave them alone, double their travel time, or change their destination(or path to destination).

Lotus Trap - You start the game with two explosive traps that can camoflauge perfectly. They will activate when stepped on, and have a delayed explosion. These may be placed in rooms or hallways. You cannot build more of these traps on your own.

Nymph
Ooolala.
Someone who lives on the dark and dirty, yet extravagant side of life, you became accustomed to distracting others.
STR: -2   |     DEX: +3     |    CON: -2
PER: +0    |     WIL: +0     |    ACC: +0

Catwalk - Players looking at you will be oblivious to their surroundings.

Strut - You may instantly travel anywhere. This cannot be used again until you've traveled at least 4 times.

Officer Sanders
Damn it. Not again. God fucking...
After losing your daughter all those years ago, you became obsessed with finding your daughter. To the brink of suicide. After meeting Reeves that night, you predicted where the cult would kidnap two more people and set yourselves as bait.
STR: -1   |     DEX: +0     |    CON: +0
PER: +0    |     WIL: +0     |    ACC: +0

Code 88 - You underwent an experimental surgery to communicate with your partner, Sergeant Reeves. You may communicate at any time unless one of you is not conscious.

Serve the Public - For every unique ally you receive, you may increase one stat by one. Betrays will force you to decrease two points total from your stats.

Wincon: Ensure your partner does not die, and ensure that more than 66% of living players escape. None that escape can be killers(except for you two).

Sergeant Reeves
Those damn thugs! I swear to God, this time...
The police of chief in some moderately busy area in California, you were investigating a series of missing people when Sanders called you to the park. In contrast to him, you think about putting criminals behind bars rather than consoling the victims. Of course that's on your mind, but you're tough on crime first. Either way, Sanders called you to the park and then you were knocked out. You're sure he wasn't the culprit given the message he sent you, but then who is?
STR: +1   |     DEX: +0     |    CON: -1
PER: +0    |     WIL: -1     |    ACC: +2

Code 88 - You underwent an experimental surgery to communicate with your partner, Officer Sanders. You may communicate at any time unless one of you is not conscious.

Hero of Justice - You start the game with a P230 and one bullet. For every player you betray, you get one bullet.

Wincon: Ensure your partner does not die, and ensure that more than 66% of living players escape. None that escape can be killers(except for you two).

Technophile
Technology does what we humans can't. It's almost certainly a gift.
A man obsessed with technology, so much so that you willingly augmented your own body with it. You are a member of the cult of Heygu, a cult that believes machines are God-blessed machines and will save us all. You are one of the technicians making things, and last you heard was that you all had succeeded your mission of creating God in a machine.
STR: -2   |     DEX: -2     |    CON: -2
PER: +1    |     WIL: +0     |    ACC: +1
ADEPT: Hacking, Building Machines, Using Technology

Enhancement - You may choose one part of your body to artificially enchance, and get a +2 advantage to rolls using that body part.

Technophilia - You start the game with a toolbox.

Wincon: Escape with all members of your cult

(Rin's background: [At least 12] years ago you ran away from home after a fight with your father. You ran into Ted, who you were able to share your feelings with. You talked to each other for a while, before you joined his movement, or rather, group,. The Stray Rose. It revolves around recognizing one is controlled by a God who controls strings, and breaking those strings. Now, being the youngest person to ever do The Stage(what must be done to forever cut the strings), with the support of Francis, the only person who has completed The Stage, and the reluctant support of Ted, who believes you should have waited until at least 30. No matter. You will free yourself, and show the world who's boss.)

host roles

Spoiler:
The Priest
"Our God has selected you. Rejoice, child".
[img]insert%20little%20splash[/img]
STR: +5   |     DEX: +5     |    CON: +5
PER: +2    |     WIL: -5     |    ACC: -5
ADEPT: Martial Arts
INEPT: Closing Distance

Crusade - Your attacks will ignore a player's natural CON stats.

Defy Fate - You get stronger fighting multiple people.

Wincon: Ensure Ted dies.

"Recruiter"
Why are you down there, wallowing in the dust? Come, join for enlightment..
[img]insert%20little%20splash[/img]
STR: +2    |     DEX: +2     |    CON: -5
PER: +2    |     WIL: +2     |    ACC: +5

INEPT: Wielding Weapons

Charisma - You may state things in the thread in a golden color. Should they be an order, players who follow it will get +3 to their roll. Should they disobey it, they will get -3.

Obedience - You may disarm anyone who has disobeyed shortly afterwards.

Wincon: Ensure Francis dies.
Last edited by ChubbyMooshroom9 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Mod Rant:
So, I think this was a good game overall. There are a few things I want to cover, both good and negative. I, sadly, despite how good I thought this game was my biggest takeaway was overwhelmingly negative, and that's number 1. The word count alone should show this, though.

1. Players(warning: this is pure rage and vitriol coming from a sleep deprived chubby at 3 in the morning. i could go through it and pick it apart, but i'll just add an addendum at the end saying this is not true anymore, so check the 2nd spoiler)
Spoiler: This might seem a bit confusing - I think most of you were wonderful players, and would gladly host this game for you again, run it all back. Of course, activity was low from a few players but I had explanations from these people(me and Munch happened to have complete opposite sleep schedules for the better portion of the game, though he was initially active) and PKR(discord drama he was stuck to clean up with). That said, the one player, and I'm sure many of you have heard this spiel, but I feel the need to publicly say it anyways, exempt from that is LoF. I'm going to try and give my truest opinion here, but I doubt I will because I don't want to burn bridges, but I'm genuinely fucking insulted by how LoF played the game. Is part of it my fault? Absolutely. I should have stepped down with my iron boot, or probably booted him from the game after the second joke character instead of giving him a third chance. I should have pushed for him to replace out harder after having a dying man fall into his arms, and him doing NOTHING ABOUT IT DESPITE BEING A GOOD COP, having Arckas ready in the sidelines and ready to take a spot. Let's not mention that as a story relevant character, he was more irrelevant to the story than fucking Acidic, when this game is their first, they had no character to work off of, and were completely irrelevant to the plot of the game. Amazing job btw Acidic, fucking love you. Amazing player, and 10/10 player I would recommend to every host <3. Great job. Anyways back to my hit piece of LoF, hammering in the point of him being a good cop(I should have probably clarified more than I ended up doing, but I guess since milte took bad cop, and the fact I generally explained Sanders in the lore post+to lof I figured it was enough) and having him ignore it. I even told him he was playing the character completely wrong, and he didn't...change anything. I should have intervened more, but he was already so fucking inactive I figured it didn't even matter(+ why decrease a plot relevant char more), I genuinely planned to rig any serious combat encounter against him so he'd die fairly quick. Rule 2 and all. What's even worse is that he didn't even push for bad cop(like he played) after I offered them the chance to swap roles, because frankly, who cares what pair role gets what. He rolled over true Canadian style(I will 100% admit though I did not account for the subterfuge Sander's OG statline, my fear of a competent player in his slot took over and I probably over nerfed). To fucking top it off, he let his partner bleed to death(well, Munch stabbed them but not the point) and said to go to a completely fucking different location, letting them die and basically ruining any chance of their wincon(pending revival by Xerxes, who he burned all bridges with shortly after). Did he mean to submit the action to go to bedroom right after ktichen? Sure, that's what he told us. But after both me AND Cy questioned him about his choice of location, Cy even laughing about it, he still didn't make any addendum to the action(and wasn't online/active to change it, whether he knew this or not is somewhat crucial but nonetheless). Milte got unreasonably cucked by having a shitty partner instead of a competent one(not that attacking someone at 6am is any smarter, bud). Like I said before, it's genuinely fucking insulting to have worked on this game for what's approaching 7 months, going through continual rough drafts of the story, refining roles, making an interest plot that's not a "one big haha" twist but continually engages players, trying to create an atmosphere of "normalcy surrounded by insanity" atmosphere(though I have no idea how I did on that!), creating intriguing villains, the whole game creation spiel, only to have one of the FOUR(multi was mildly important, but nowhere near the degree of Arc/Milte/LoF) plot important roles do what I saw as effectively spitting in the face of their part and a giant "fuck you". As I type this, I can't think of any players who actually genuinely liked LoF's character either, the only person who wanted them alive was Arc so he had a vote to play off of, the rest either wanted him dead or...really had no opinion on a character that was completely absent from the game, and, frankly, devoid of any actual character. Like, if you knew you were going to be this inactive, only wanted to play a joke character(in a game I explicitly said was SERIOUS), and didn't like the option you were stuck with, why the fuck didn't you just dip out? Don't give some "play the game" bullshit either. I can count on my hands and toes the actions you submitted all game. The same does go for PKR, but they were actually active in solving puzzles...which they admittedly sucked at(chubby puzzle tho). Like, the fact that Teno's fucking CLOWN NPC had more character development, more submitted actions, more story relevance, and was MORE FUCKING SERIOUS THAN YOUR TWO OF YOUR THREE CHARACTER IDEAS is fucking atrocious, dude. I added him off a joke I made, he was dead serious, and, honestly, it turned out well. We got to worldbuild together, he got to interact a bit more after having his game cut abruptly short, and frankly, while he did some gags here and there, overall made the game better and gave a bit more depth to the world(how many different people are in the cult, some believe in, others use it to simply blame their past actions on it, others view it as simply a nice credence of life). What the point here is that a half-baked character born from a joke was more important than LoF is something I'd be called crazy for but...here we are, having this speech. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the fucking fact that I gave him a private conversation with Francis, you know, one of the men in charge of the cult that kidnapped his daughter that caused him to spiral down the slide of depression, a man he should hate from the bottom of his heart. Wanna know what he did? Wanna fucking know? Well, gee, IF IT FUCKING FITS ON ONE DISCORD SCREENSHOT SURELY A LOT FUCKING HAPPENED RIGHT?? I'm pretty fucking sure he had more vitriolic words to say about Poly than the people who kidnapped his daughter. I'm pretty sure ACIDIC had more meaningful interaction with Ted than LoF ever did, as did Saeki with Francis. I know there was something else that came to mind when I was writing that, but I got so fucking angry writing that I forgot about it. Of course, if I happen to forget to edit this come post game, this was all halfway into third roaming. You know, after all the betrays and development that could happen from it. In short, and I mean this to the bottom of my heart, fuck you LoF, honestly. I put hard work into this game and you just shit on it. Unintentionally sure, but frankly I have much worse words to say about this and I'm policing myself as stated before to prevent the burning of any bridges, though I think that bridge was burnt about halfway into this paragraph.
(the rest of this appliesafter roaming 3)

Spoiler: Liam was also disappointingly irrelevant, but he was actively solving puzzles, so I'll give him that. Still, no offense to PKR intended, woulda rather had Arckas there.

Though to the rest of the players: like I said, I fucking love you from the bottom of the heart. You made this game with so much wasted potential(Milte and Teno dying immediately, as well as Multi having the chance to do nothing) the best it could be, and I love you for it. Xerxes fulfilled their role of acting as a contrast to Arc of being someone striving for answers in a world, a man-made God full of errors that wants answers and loves humans for making her/teaching her, to a God-hating girl who found freedom in the arms of a cult, and thought she had the answers. They did a great job at playing their character, and they went above and beyond my expectations. Acidic, for a new player too, had an amazing character(if a bit...clingy), and I even got to squeeze in some NPC roleplay with them, and it was phenomenal. Danny was an excellent character, Jack felt a little bland at times but I think he was a good character with a really good finish. Munch played the role of a schizo perfectly, Hawk sucked at executing her role but played what I had in mind pretty well, Milte played theirs well for the short bit they were alive, as did Teno(claiming a serial killer though...yikes move, bro). Bob was based as fuck though. LoF, as I'm sure you read above, was terribad in the first half, but I think the last strides he made at the end captured parts of Sanders, and I think they were pretty good. A pretty good redemption arc too, which is nice to see. I know I'm more than likely forgetting people, but I think you all did a great a job.

[/spoiler]

2. Roles
Spoiler: While the roles remained grounded in reality for the most part, some of them were definitely experimental. Xerxes's role, for instance, was an example of a good role that actually has motive, a guardian type role. Did I make their wincon maybe a tad too hard? Yeah, but it gave me an excuse to give robot God godly stats to make up for it, so totally worth(and Xer agreed so smd haters). Overall, I'd totally run a similar role again, albeit slightly weaker stats and an easier wincon. LoF/Milte's role was also pretty cool I thought, but as I said before neither of them played the game. I was super excited about Reeves too, and I'm going to 100% reuse this concept in a future game where these roles actually function as a team. I do 100% admit I made Sanders too weak, as stated before, ignoring the subterfuge role's potential impact on the game, but I figured it would work fine in the hands of a competent player(and be too strong) and they were supposed to have a partner...though I don't think either of them did. Teno's role was also a crack at a non-STR based killer role, and a more PER/DEX based on and a "skill-expressive" killer role(sounds weird, I know). I think it was a tad too strong(or rather, the correlation between PER and prediction maybe was) but I think the role itself is fine and an interesting concept. Might open up more ideas rather than the HURR DURR ME STRONK I GO SMASH SMASH killer role. My far biggest success, and favorite role from this game though is Arc's. A big baddie that's actually not based as hell at killing but rather...subterfuge? Gather info, pit players against each other, and make them kill each other in the AB game with the intention of bringing the game to a stall and winning off that. They executed their role BEAUTIFULLY(and the actual presence of whispers this game certainly helped), better than I ever could have imagined and it's amazing to see. I, frankly, originally included Trial by Fire on the off chance a subterfuge role would be far too weak and far too unreliable(and I'm unsure how it's success would go if not for Poly attempting murder immediately), but I "deluded" myself into thinking that if this is just a big play balancing murder and subterfuge would be nice. As I write this, it is only mid roaming three, but it's done a phenomenal job at showcasing what I believe to be a great idea for a role, but sadly I don't think it can ever be used again(due to the unique setting of the game, a number of players thought the voices were this 'evil God') and the fact it will be meta'd as an ability. I will personally thank Cy for this role though, as while I had originally intended this to be a subterfuge role, I couldn't make it work at all, so I made a boring, scaling player with a mismatched and kinda boring kit for "the big baddie". But after having Cy review the roles to see any loopholes I did not, they encouraged a subterfuge role after I revealed that's what I initially wanted(and the game had three roles who would be able to kill). That got me back on the idea, and I had a stroke of inspiration while in the shower. So thanks Cy <3.

All the other roles are kinda meh. Most never used their abilities simply out of lack of need(Poly, Nymph passive) or because they suck(Hawk). I definitely could have done a bit better for the roles, but I really ran into creative block in that aspect. For the most part, I think they were good though.

3. Puzzles
Spoiler: you all knew what you signed up for lmao, chubby's (in) famous puzzles

4. Potential
Spoiler: This game had a lot of potential wasted immediately due to Sao, Joseph, and Patrick all dying roaming 1. That said, I think it still ended up being an amazing game in spite of that, and was probably the best it could have been. So thanks for making the game very fun to host, yall! I got worse at league for this so you better appreciate it.

Quotewall:
Spoiler:

Sanders is a genius wrote:Image

Last edited by ChubbyMooshroom9 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby Hawkwing425 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:37 pm

Dice gods hate me.
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby PolyesterHomes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Rin you son of a bitch, lmfao.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Re: VLDR: End of Mystery - Cult End(True) - No More Myst

Postby XerxesLeFan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 pm

MotherFUCKER I WAS PLAYED THE ENTIRE GODDAMN TIME

AND I CAN SWEAR WITH GOD NOW BECAUSE FIUDISUGHUIDHUSDGH GOOD LORD

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
【Horane - Lucius - Phoenix】
chubee wuz heer
XerxesLeFan
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Location: ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ꜱᴀʏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ

PreviousNext

Return to VLDR