United, we STAND.

Divided, we F
A
L
L

These Dividing Lines - Part Three

VLDR - End of The Line

[Game Rules]

1) Respect me and the other players. Please remember that this is just a game.

2) Role-playing is strongly encouraged but will not be enforced. Anything out of character or fourth wall breaking should go inside of brackets. You will be given some backstory to your characters in your role cards. Please do not go against them or attempt to change them. Doing so may result in being removed from the game. The backstories are important lore-wise. You are free to ask me for more detail on anything in your backstory at any time.

3) Roles exist in this game. You are free to reference them as you wish during the course of the game. You may not reference roles in ways that break the fourth wall. Standard forum rules regarding role cards do apply however (meaning no screenshots or copy pastes of the entire role card or parts of it. I'm sure you get the idea. If you're unsure about something, ask me first).

4) Do not go against your win condition. Exceptions may be granted for character reasons (meaning if you play the character over the role, I won't penalize you).

5) Only post during designated phases. I will tell you when you can and cannot post. Dead players may not post.

6) Do not talk about the game outside of game means. This applies for dead players as well. Dead players will have a dead chat to talk about game stuff in private.

7) All abilities, unless explicitly mentioned, cannot be used and are ignored during Decision Games.

8) Remember to have fun. If you aren't enjoying the game, please let me know. I'm always looking for ways to improve my games and hosting abilities.

[Attributes]

Code: Select all
Strength [STR]: Determines the power of your punches and how much you can lift.
Stealth [STL]: How sneaky you are and how capable you are at passing by unnoticed, stealing or planting items.
Constitution [CON]: How big of a build you have and how many hits you can take before you go down.
Willpower [WIL]: Affects how likely you are to die or only be unconscious when a fatal blow is dealt.
Accuracy [ACC]: How accurate you are. Is a strong factor in trying to stab or shoot other players.
Luck [LUC]: How lucky you are. A higher Luck stat means things of chance are more likely to go in your favour.

You may be adept or inept in some areas. Adept means the best of two rolls is taken. Inept means the worse of two rolls is taken.

[Skill Points]

Every role comes with Free Skill Points. These points may be added to any attributes you wish.

You may add additional skill points by subtracting points from other skills according to the Fibonacci Sequence (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, etc). If you are subtracting X points, they can be all from the same skill or from multiple skills. You cannot take a skill below -5 but there is no limit on how high a skill can go.

So for example, say I had +2 STR and +1 ACC, I could add an extra point to STR by subtracting one from ACC. I could do the same thing again, but if I wanted a third extra point on STR, I'd have to subtract two from ACC (or from another skill, or one from two other skills). Message me if you have any questions on this.

Point Bingo: If you have +X on every stat, you get +X to all rolls NOT using any of the 6 stats (so if you want to increase your odds of doing a backflip while playing the kazoo, this is the strat for you). Rolls that this will affect (other than bullcheck actions) are things such as perception rolls, speed rolls (running away, moving quickly, etc), knowledge rolls of certain items, ability to bandage wounds / assess injuries effectively, etc.

[Inventory]

All players get 5 inventory slots plus a hidden slot. All items become visible on death or if you are searched while unconscious. Items that are part of a role do not count towards your limit unless explicitly stated as such. (You do not have more slots, but starting items are not counted if the player who started with them is holding them).

[Actions]

You may attempt any action you like. A D20 will be used to gauge success or failure in your actions. Creative actions are encouraged.
A roll of 20 is a guaranteed success for your action, and a roll of 1 is a guaranteed failure, unless a role's ability explicitly dictates otherwise.

All actions must be submitted via the bot's !add command. If you want help using the bot, now is the time to play with it and ask for help.

[Maps]

Your map will be in a google spreadsheet. I will be adding room descriptions in the spreadsheet so you can reference them at your convenience.
You will have edit permissions for if you wish to make notes on the map or on other in-game events. Please do not change the room names or alter the map. Don't be that guy.
You will be responsible for tracking your own inventory in the sheet. I have a master sheet that I can update from if you aren't sure of something or forgot to update, but I won't be constantly updating your inventory. If I notice it is wrong though, I will update it.

[Travel]

You will only be able to move to new areas once every hour*. You may send in move actions at any time. I will process all move actions at once. The areas are significantly larger with a lot more to do in them because of this. Also, there are many secret tunnels and passages to be found. Using these secret routes will take you to other areas, but there is travel time in taking them. This travel time is a set constant; there is no roll associated with it.

To move to another station, use the bot's !move command.

*I may allow movement at more frequent intervals if the game is going too slowly for my liking. Note that all other travel times will change proportionally to the frequency of how often you can move.
Also note that using a secret passage does not constitute a move in this manner. Moving using the !move command is only for using the trains to move.

[Joining Procedure]

Post !join in your private channel in the Game Discord Server. Signups open at 6:00 PM EST on January 26th.

YOU MUST BE IN THE DISCORD SERVER IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN THE GAME!

[Lies and Deception]

I as the Game Host will lie to you during the course of the game to preserve the integrity of the lore, should the need demand it. I will never lie to you in your role card. The mechanics of this game are explicitly non-bastard in nature. Everything in this post is guaranteed to be true. Anything beyond this point may contain lies.

[Players]

0) LordofFail
1) Arcthurus
2) XerxesLeFan
3) Chemist1422
4) Renetear
5) Schultz128
6) IAmAMunchlax
7) Spretznaz
8) TheNiceOne16
9) ChubbyMooshroom9
10) PokemonKidRyan
11) Arckas
12) Ryanyb —> PolyesterHomes

[Jukebox]

[Past Songs]

Brentalfloss - Ocarina of Time With Lyrics
Ace Attorney Investigations - Quercus Alba ~ The Enemy Who Surpasses the Law
Ace Attorney Investigations 2 - Pursuit ~ Wanting to Find the Truth
The Great Ace Attorney - Reminiscing ~ Can’t Hate People Who Hate Crime
The Great Ace Attorney - Reminiscing ~ Disappeared Fairy
NHL - The Lockout Song
The Great Ace Attorney 2 - Revival of the Prosecutor
Pheonix Wright: Spirit of Justice - Mr Reus ~ The Masked Magician
The Great Ace Attorney - Barok Van Zieks ~ Reaper of the Old Bailey
Pheonix Wright: Dual Destinies - Suspense (2013)
Random Encounters - Tetris: The Musical
Achievement Hunter - Out in The Grapes (AH Remix)
Lyrica Live - 【Touhou Lyrics】 Hiroshige No.36 ~ Neo Super-Express
Last edited by LordofFail on Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 17 times in total.
"The Hardest Game to Win is a Won Game"

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Re: Zero Escape: VLDR - End of The Line

Postby LordofFail » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Character Descriptions:

LordofFail: Zero
Reference pic: Spoiler: Image

Arcthurus: Nick

XerxesLeFan: Hiram
Spoiler: A gruff, older man man wearing a black turtleneck sweater, and a long dark grey overcoat. He has grey hair, sideburns, and the beginnings of a beard on his face. He also is wearing a grey cap that shadows his eyes, and yellow headphones on the back of his head. You can see that the boots he is wearing look pretty hefty.

Chemist1422: Riley
Spoiler: A teenager with pale skin and long-ish black hair that covers part of his face. They wear a purple hoodie with yellow stripes on the sleeves and hood open over a black shirt with a red “O” in the center, as well as black sweatpants and red gym shoes.

Renetear: Adrianna
Spoiler: A woman that looks around her mid 40s... maybe? She has blonde hair with the majority of it kept in a ponytail tied with a brown ribbon that reaches down to the middle of her back, and has a long strand sticking out the top of her head along with a pink flower hairpin to keep her bangs neat. It looks like some places have been dyed to hide grays. She wears a blue button up shirt with pockets on both sides of her chest, a black tie, a brownish green skirt with a dark brown belt, some green crew cut socks, and very sensible brown dress shoes.

Schultz128: Dante
Spoiler: A man of an undoubtedly old age, perhaps in the older 60s or early 70s, yet looks very well despite this. He has short black but greying hair and a thick black moustache on a face with surprisingly few wrinkles. His left eye is covered by a black eyepatch, while his other eye shines a bright blue. He is dressed in a dark grey prison guard coat along with black trousers and black boots. Underneath his coat is a white button up shirt, and further underneath that is a black undershirt and brown suspenders.

IAmAMunchlax: Doc Wilhelm
Spoiler: A young small framed man standing at only 5'6, who usually slouches over all the time, making them appear even smaller. Their head dons a fashionable black military cap, covering most of their long brown hair on the top of their head, but fails to cover the back of it, which reaches all the way down their neck. A single strand also pops out right in front of their left eye. Black circles are found under their emerald coloured eyes, and their general aura screams "who needs sleep when I have coffee". The rest of their attire make them seem like some kind of surgeon, they wear a plain white t-shirt with dried red marks splattered around, with a small brown satchel bag on their right hip, which has it's strap extend all the way to their left shoulder. They wear brownish cargo pants and boots.

Spretznaz: Darby
Reference Pic: Spoiler: Image

TheNiceOne16: Greirat Fitzooth
Spoiler: He is an older looking Caucasian man but his exact age is ambiguous. He's fairly tall with a slightly lanky build. His face and head are smooth and bald. He has sharp black eyebrows that sit above sunken in eyes which are an icy blue though they seem alight with amusement. He wears a pure black one piece tuxedo with a black undershirt and black tie. He has on black dress pants and black socks, but he has brown leather shoes which don't match the rest of his clothes. He seems to smile a lot with big blocky teeth.

ChubbyMooshroom9: Lola
Spoiler: A caucasian petite girl in a pale yellow business suit and skirt. She wears black stockings, black heels and a black turtleneck as an undershirt. Her eyes are green. She always has a riled up, chaotic air to her. She has a purse sling over her, as well as a golden locket around her neck. Her outfit is very expensive.
Reference Pic: Spoiler: Image

PokemonKidRyan: Harry
Spoiler: A bit rough around the edges, he has a scar across from his neck to his cheek on the right hand side. He wears a furred jacket to mostly cover this up and wears black leather gloves to cover his hand. Below his jacket he wears a collared shirt, black jeans and black boots.

Arckas: Lampyris

Ryanyb PolyesterHomes: Camille
Last edited by LordofFail on Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:56 am, edited 17 times in total.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Eight people leave their small booths and enter a large open area. There are signs along the wall that indicate that this station’s name is AB. It would appear as though this station is the hub for the old subway trains as along the wall there is a control panel. There are several escalators and elevators connecting platforms on multiple levels to connect to the multiple lines that serve this station.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby LordofFail » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:10 pm

One of the eight people is holding a loaded crossbow and keeps their back to their door, which has closed behind them.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:10 pm

no...
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:11 pm

Yo.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:11 pm

Wh--*yawns*--at happened? *rubs eyes*
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:13 pm

"Ahh, that was quite nice. A puzzle to teach a lesson, how quaint."
"Now then..." The man stretched, as he looked to the others who had exited their booths "...we must not be hostile."
My personality:
Spoiler: Image

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby spretznaz » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:13 pm

The fuck's going on here?

Click pic, join Cabal.

spretznaz
[Forum Mafia VIII] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:14 pm

You call that a puzzle?
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 pm

no... no...

visible tears form at the corners of her eyes...
even for the brief moment since stepping out of the booth her knuckles are stark white from her grip on the bow
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby LordofFail » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 pm

A ninth booth door opens. A woman steps out.

There are a total of twelve booths.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:17 pm

I... *yawns* I'm noticing a pattern here.
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Location: ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨ ⁨

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:19 pm

Hah!? More people? What’re you doin here?

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9
FM Awards: Town

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:21 pm

I could ask you the same...

Honestly, you'd figure we'd get more rest... geez...
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby LordofFail » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 pm

[TNO] approaches [Ryanyb], however she notices and aims her crossbow at [TNO], causing him to retreat.

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby PokemonKidRyan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:23 pm

"Saw something, passed out, did whatever that thing could be called if not a puzzle, now here I am." The man calmly states, fixing his glove.
"Any different for you guys?"
My personality:

My alts were EdwardMidford and TsuchiyaTenaka. I apologise profusely for being bad and hiding behind them. I ask for forgiveness but know that won't be a simple feat. Please stop bringing up my past, as I'm striving towards a new future. I just sometimes struggle to show that I truly want said change.
PokemonKidRyan
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:24 pm

Moral dilemma? I dunno, gimme some ideas to work with here guys.
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby TheNiceOne16 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:25 pm

Jesus lady, was comin to see if you were alright.
*[TNO] gives a broad smile*
Nice To Meet You Friendo!
TheNiceOne16
Jester
Jester

Postby ryanyb » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:25 pm

I'm.... sor..

Her voice breaks unable to continue.

Not again... not
again..
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby spretznaz » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:25 pm

Wait a second, no way. It can't be that damn easy.

Hey, where's the door outta here?

Click pic, join Cabal.

spretznaz

Postby renetear » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:25 pm

Were you all... not coming here to evacuate? Questioning someone's presence is frankly inane.
“Don't be scared, it's just a friendly game, right?"
renetear

Postby ChubbyMooshroom9 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Hahahahaha! You’re very right, short stuff! The name’s Lola!

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:
Shino Thomson
Federico Decandia
Clayton (Briah)
Gebura Briah
ChubbyMooshroom9

Postby LordofFail » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:26 pm

There are maps of the subway system on the walls of the station too.

(maps here! maps here! come get 'em while their hot! fresh maps! hot maps!)

~~ Emanuel Lasker ~~

Mystery Link
LordofFail
[Forum Mafia I] Winner
[Forum Mafia I] Winner

Postby IAmAMunchlax » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:26 pm

*He eyes [TNO] and [Ryanb], then looks back at [PKR]*

That sounds... familiar.
IAmAMunchlax
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Next

Return to VLDR