This role is underpowered
No votes
Idea will never work
14%

Total votes : 29

Re: Slave Master (Neutral Killing)

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:42 pm

grihanna10 wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:I don't like the idea of having slaves but the slaves being able to participate in the day. One night being blackmailed isnt good enough to me. The idea is that all the information can be spread about between the slaves at night. I was thinking about adding the ability to escape, but really getting freed from the Slave Master wpuld basically mean that his slaves get confirmed

they problem is that having 4 people being almost dead, and just making it harder to lynch people would be very OP, sometimes even harmful to the slave master himself if people can't lynch confirmed Mafia or SK.
the problem of communication between slaves can be solved by making each slave only see what they and the master said..
also instead of a "1 BM" slaves can be bmed for 1 or 2 days when they first get slaved but still be able to vote.

I honestly think that it should be this kind of mind game like the Jailor's, where the slaves can "claim" that they are slaves and try to become free by helping the town to get rid of the master. that way the role won't be sooo op and different from vamps.

You think it is a lot like the vampires? Do you think he's is op? How about 2 or 3 slaves only?

Oh wait, you should know that the voting system EXCLUDES slaves, they aren't counted as living, even though they can return. It is like they are dead but instead of the dead chat they have the slave chat, and will be revived when the slave master dies.

But I don't think claiming to be a slave really does that much for you other if they know you could be lying. It's like the arsonist thing where you can skip a day to act doused, but it slows killing

I think that turning this into chaos/evil could be pretty sweet but killing here is just used so that yoh can progress to more players. Maybe add the ability to escape? If I do that then there should also be an anility to learn the players role or his visits or something

Or how about if they are killed while enslaved they will be cleaned and only know by you?
ICECLIMBERS wrote:Stop acting like a ringleader bigot, goose.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby grihanna10 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Gooose26 wrote:You think it is a lot like the vampires? Do you think he's is op? How about 2 or 3 slaves only?

Oh wait, you should know that the voting system EXCLUDES slaves, they aren't counted as living, even though they can return. It is like they are dead but instead of the dead chat they have the slave chat, and will be revived when the slave master dies.

But I don't think claiming to be a slave really does that much for you other if they know you could be lying. It's like the arsonist thing where you can skip a day to act doused, but it slows killing

I think that turning this into chaos/evil could be pretty sweet but killing here is just used so that yoh can progress to more players. Maybe add the ability to escape? If I do that then there should also be an anility to learn the players role or his visits or something

Or how about if they are killed while enslaved they will be cleaned and only know by you?

Not that i think it's a lot like vamps but more of wanting it to be MUCH MORE unique so that it can actually end up in the game. Also 2 or 3 slaves won't really make you feel like a slave "master" just more of a hostage holder.

Umm I didn't know about the excluding system. I don't know if you mentioned it before, sorry but I didn't read all of the replies. Anyways the problem with excluding is that it'd confirm the number of slaves which would remove A LOT of mechanics and would be sooooo unfun for the slaves. Being the slave master that turns people into you sitting ducks may be so fun, but you have to think about the slaves themselves and how unfair they'd feel especially that you'll eventually play as a slave yourself.

Killing really is cool and gives the feeling of a real Slave Master, but being a pure NK would give it the problems of the arso being so slow at killing and SK outclassing it. So you'd need to increase the "killing" part and to reduce the "chaos/slavery" part. In my opinion reducing the killing power to "1 execution each 2/3 nights" and giving more power over slaves in the form of knowing the roles of the slaves and controlling one each night (like witches) would be much better.

Do you mean a cleaning that can trick town into thinking there's a janitor or a specified cleaning? either way it won't be so benefitial to the master, cause he's not like mafia where he wants to make as much roles "possible" to claim or get rid of the confirmed invest will cause the inves probably would've been his slave for so long and mostly didn't invest him in the first place, so if he hasn't left already, the most he can do is to write random stuff about slaves in his will (if slaves turned out to have the ability to chat at night.)
I'm gay
also I love vamps cause they're cool
and SKs cause i love to put jokes in my dns ;)
grihanna10

Postby AegonSnow » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:47 pm

new name pls.

Enthraller?

Hypnotist?
The Thieves Guild
New Gamemode! Check it out here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=67255
AegonSnow
Witch
Witch

Postby Mario89838738 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm

I just have to say
"Achievements:
Full House - Have 4 or more slaves at once (only possible with the help of amn and a slave being killed)
Merciless - Execute 2 slaves after 3 days of being enslaved
Butter fingers - Die, letting 3 or more players escape (only 3 people can escape anyway)
Merciful - Win without executed any players"
I also have to add, you have to keep the person in the circle, or the Slave Master would be instantly known
I HAVE MEOWED FOR YOUR SOUL
Mario89838738
Jester
Jester

Location: In a galaxy far far away... Probably playing with light sticks...

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:01 pm

grihanna10 wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:You think it is a lot like the vampires? Do you think he's is op? How about 2 or 3 slaves only?

Not that i think it's a lot like vamps but more of wanting it to be MUCH MORE unique so that it can actually end up in the game. Also 2 or 3 slaves won't really make you feel like a slave "master" just more of a hostage holder.

Umm I didn't know about the excluding system. I don't know if you mentioned it before, sorry but I didn't read all of the replies. Anyways the problem with excluding is that it'd confirm the number of slaves which would remove A LOT of mechanics and would be sooooo unfun for the slaves. Being the slave master that turns people into you sitting ducks may be so fun, but you have to think about the slaves themselves and how unfair they'd feel especially that you'll eventually play as a slave yourself.

Killing really is cool and gives the feeling of a real Slave Master, but being a pure NK would give it the problems of the arso being so slow at killing and SK outclassing it. So you'd need to increase the "killing" part and to reduce the "chaos/slavery" part. In my opinion reducing the killing power to "1 execution each 2/3 nights" and giving more power over slaves in the form of knowing the roles of the slaves and controlling one each night (like witches) would be much better.

Do you mean a cleaning that can trick town into thinking there's a janitor or a specified cleaning? either way it won't be so benefitial to the master, cause he's not like mafia where he wants to make as much roles "possible" to claim or get rid of the confirmed invest will cause the inves probably would've been his slave for so long and mostly didn't invest him in the first place, so if he hasn't left already, the most he can do is to write random stuff about slaves in his will (if slaves turned out to have the ability to chat at night.)

Im not sure if you understood 100% what happens. When players are kidnapped, they are automatically taken off of the player map and cannot be visited at all. They are basically dead, but can still live theough

You might be right about the cleaning, but considering games normally last 6 days, and you will likely die before then, then you wont be jailing the investigatives as much as you think. The cleaning is really just for the first people jailed, and to give you some cover mid-late game.

The role can kill every night starting day 2 if he wants. If he wants to clean then he can clean and kill every night starting from day 3 as well. 2 nights for normal kill, 3 nights for cleaned kill. He goes through night immunity too so i think missing n1 is justified.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:05 pm

AegonSnow wrote:new name pls.

Enthraller?

Hypnotist?

Id be ok with Enthraller, is basically the same thing as Slave Master. Anybody else want it instead i dont really care
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gooose26 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Mario89838738 wrote:I just have to say
"Achievements:
Full House - Have 4 or more slaves at once (only possible with the help of amn and a slave being killed)
Merciless - Execute 2 slaves after 3 days of being enslaved
Butter fingers - Die, letting 3 or more players escape (only 3 people can escape anyway)
Merciful - Win without executed any players"
I also have to add, you have to keep the person in the circle, or the Slave Master would be instantly known

There are alwaya going to be 9 town, then amne or any can help, so up to 11. 4 days(assuming you dont grt roleblokced), would mean that you get the achivement. With the mafia killing 1 a day and maybe 2 other town kills from jester or jjst off lynch would be 10 town kills. That would be worst case scenario as it is more likely mafia will get roleblocked somebow, or dont kill. Average game is 6 days, you need 4.

4 people can escape since 4 can be enslaved

EDIT: Just realized i had a typo, it was supposed to be 4 maximum
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Parallax7 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:11 pm

/support
I can't say I dislike it, any problems have already been pointed out.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Discord: Parallax#4977
Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Location: .-. .. --. .... - / -... . .... .. -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- (EST)

Postby grihanna10 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:49 am

Gooose26 wrote:Im not sure if you understood 100% what happens. When players are kidnapped, they are automatically taken off of the player map and cannot be visited at all. They are basically dead, but can still live theough

ohh so that's what you mean? so slaves are going to be confirmed and would be just like the dead but can't even talk to the med, other dead people, or come back by the ret?
Do you think this will be fun for the slaves? some people already leave the game instantly if they die because it becomes boring af, what do you think they'll do if they got enslaved?
I'm gay
also I love vamps cause they're cool
and SKs cause i love to put jokes in my dns ;)
grihanna10

Postby Gooose26 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:36 pm

grihanna10 wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:Im not sure if you understood 100% what happens. When players are kidnapped, they are automatically taken off of the player map and cannot be visited at all. They are basically dead, but can still live theough

ohh so that's what you mean? so slaves are going to be confirmed and would be just like the dead but can't even talk to the med, other dead people, or come back by the ret?
Do you think this will be fun for the slaves? some people already leave the game instantly if they die because it becomes boring af, what do you think they'll do if they got enslaved?

Well that's why i keep bringing up the idea of escaping xD But nobody is responding to it

But you have the chance to escape it if the Slave Master gets caught, so then you can play again like normal. And with that the others that would be to have themselves confirmed
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gooose26 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:00 pm

How about, if you correctly guess the name of the Slave Master on n2 or later of being enslaved, then you will escape and will no longer be enslaved, but you will be blackmailed for that day. You will be shown on the map and can vote as well, and the Slave Master cannot enslave you until the day after(which will take affect the night after, of course)

Could get really lucky, could get really unlucky. Either way the slave chat would then become "i guessed this" "i guessed that"" who should i guess" "who will you guess", giving you reasons to kill the slaves faster.

I originally created this role in notes(As i do all of my roles, I have like 10 roles in there that are really just crap waiting for redemption xD), and it was called the Rapist. Make since with the lore, rapes his victims and exposes of them when they are used, but i felt that would be a bad name for a feiendly game like this, since as ypu know, nothing bad ever happ-ens in this town
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Seththeking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:47 pm

This Is Fuckin Amazing Dude!

Also yeah you should change the name to
Enthraller
Seththeking
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby dirkpeta » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:25 pm

I like the idea, but vote blocking is a big no-no for me.

Players should still be allowed to vote, the fear of execution being enough for them to be scared of voting the possible slave master. After all, voting anyone but them will be beneficial.

Wouldn't the point of this role also be to have the the slave's silence make them suspicious, like with blackmailer? Maybe making it so obvious they are enslaved isn't a good idea.

Are enslaved players night immune to other attacks? I'm assuming it because it simply makes sense (Like with Jailor) And also would make other evils accuse them of immunity. Can create a lot of chaos to divert suspicion from the Slave Master.

In any case, this role looks cool, but I believe it needs a little work still.
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Now comes the fun part.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

dirkpeta

Postby stupidphoenix » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:52 pm

I'm confused, so this is basically this role can be used to role block an additional person each night ? If you just keep enslaving different people, then they wont be able to use their abilities, correct?

Seems overpowered.
stupidphoenix
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Gooose26 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:11 pm

stupidphoenix wrote:I'm confused, so this is basically this role can be used to role block an additional person each night ? If you just keep enslaving different people, then they wont be able to use their abilities, correct?

Seems overpowered.

Alright big explanation:
When you kidnap a player think of them more as dead than being converted, even though neither are accurate descriptions. They won't appear on the list, they cant vote, they cant talk, except at night. At night, they may talk among each other and to the Slave Master. The thing is that the Slave Master can't kill until after a while, and can potentially can clean their target if they wait more.

I don't think that this is really complete yet though. I think there should be more incentive to kill earlier, more incentive to wait, and more incentive for the enslaved players to stay in the game as I'm sure that they would easily leave, since they probably won't get out.

P.S. Enslaved people won't count towards the overall votes nedded during the day, so they are literally walking dead
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gooose26 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:42 pm

And as far as the naming goes, I'm fine with Enthraller, but what do you call slaves? The Enthralled?
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gooose26 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Haven't bumped any of my roles in a while. And this one hasn't gotten much attention. So bumping it
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Gooose26 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Here's a cool idea. Every other day, enslaved player's may vote on 1 player to choose a non-enslaved player to whisper to at night. On that following night(Will be full moons, so werwolf gets some kills potentially, although that'd require any nk), the 2 players will have an open conversation, free from anybody. With this change players will be cleaned on after 1 day of captivity.
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Parallax7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:46 pm

I still 100% support this, I like the role Idea. Whatever you do to it, you got my support.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Gooose26 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Joshuabfagan wrote:I still 100% support this, I like the role Idea. Whatever you do to it, you got my support.

Good to know, and I thank you for it! Also, would you rather have Enthraller or Slave Master?
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Parallax7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Gooose26 wrote:
Joshuabfagan wrote:I still 100% support this, I like the role Idea. Whatever you do to it, you got my support.

Good to know, and I thank you for it! Also, would you rather have Enthraller or Slave Master?

Slave Master is fine. It's not like you're making holocaust jokes like I am. Sigh. :lol: Have you submitted this to TG?
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Gooose26 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Joshuabfagan wrote:
Gooose26 wrote:

Slave Master is fine. It's not like you're making holocaust jokes like I am. Sigh. :lol: Have you submitted this to TG?

You think I should? I haven't done it yet, I still felt like the anti-synergy wasn't really working for the synergy of cleaning, I think that my last suggestion was a very good touch though.

And yea no holocaust jokes xD
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Parallax7 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:05 pm

Feel free to make any changes you think are necessary for it's balanced. Submitting it to TG will forsure get you feedback on why it is unbalanced if it is, otherwise it'll be accepted and included in the next poll. i sumited my Fraudster lol.
FM Record

3-0-5-2

Newest YouTube Video

Spoiler:

Parallax7
Christmas 2018 Winner
Christmas 2018 Winner

Postby Gooose26 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:08 pm

Joshuabfagan wrote:Feel free to make any changes you think are necessary for it's balanced. Submitting it to TG will forsure get you feedback on why it is unbalanced if it is, otherwise it'll be accepted and included in the next poll. i sumited my Fraudster lol.

Alright, which one do I send it to? There are a bunch of duudes, and some may be nuubes...
Gooose26
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby zzjay » Mon May 01, 2017 6:30 am

This is a serialkiller/janitor/blackmailer...

And looks pretty complicated to code...and probably the lore is even a little bit savage...considering all the chat filters in salem
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

PreviousNext

Return to Role Idea Archives