Wicken (Neutral Evil)

Old Role Ideas

What do you think about this role idea?

Yes! I think it has great potential!
75%
No! It just won't work no matter what you try!
25%
It could really use some changes. (Please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Wicken (Neutral Evil)

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:28 pm

Name: Wicken

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Abilities: Visit someone each night to decipher their exact role. Or impersonate a found target's role.

Attributes: None.

Special Attributes: Day ability. Investigative result "dodging".

Goal: Survive to see all of the Town fall.

Win Conditions:
You must kill Town
You win with Mafia
You win with Survivors
You win with Witches
You win with Wickens
You win with Serial Killers
You win with Werewolves
You win with Arsonists
You win with Vampires

Investigative Results:
Investigator: "Your target may not be what they seem. They could be a Framer/Vampire/Jester/Wicken!"
Consigliere: "Your target is trying to find the leader of their lives. They must be a Wicken!"

Additional Information:
Spoiler: 1) If you find someone, you may only impersonate them once.
2) If you're impersonating someone, then whatever category of investigative results you fall under, you will fall under for that night.
3) You may not visit your mimicked target. Example: You impersonate John Willard the Doctor, you cannot visit John Willard when you impersonate him.
4) You can impersonate a Jailor. If you choose to mimic a found jailor, your sun icon Day list will suddenly be replaced by the Jailor's list of "choose your jailed target". If you happen to get jailed by a Jailor the night you choose to jail someone, your impersonation jailing ability get overruled, and fails.
5) Impersonating a Mayor will do nothing for you since the Mayor only has a day ability to reveal. But you still may choose to look like one if you please.
6) Impersonating a Jester will only let you look like a Framer/Vampire/Jester/Wicken. Essentially doing nothing.
7) Impersonating an Executioner will only grant you night immunity for that night. You will not have a "target" on your role card.
8) Mimicking a Mafioso or Godfather can give the illusion that there were two mafia kills.
9) If you impersonate a Werewolf on a full moon, you may attack anyone, just like a werewolf (except for the werewolf according to rule #3)
10) Mimicking a Veteran allows you to choose to alert.
11) If you mimic a vigilante, and shoot a townie, you will not commit suicide.
12) Impersonating a vampire, or mafia member will not allow you to see the original mafia's/vampire's teammates. However, to a spy/vampire hunter, you still appear on the "the mafia/vampires visited _____ last night!" list.
13) Converting someone into a vampire as an impersonating vampire will actually let the original role join the vampire's legion. Unless of course the max is already at 4, or they're immune to your bite. This can potentially make the vampires aware of a Wicken's presence because a vampire member will suddenly pop of out of nowhere. Or yet, there could coincidentally be 2 vampires that join the same night!
14) The only role you may not impersonate is an Amnesiac.
15) When you impersonate a role, you will temporarily have their role card for the night. (As mentioned for Executioner's, the message that would've contained your target is omitted)
16) If you die at any point, you will turn back into a Wicken, and will be revealed normally. Even if you were impersonating someone.
17) If by some magical coincidence 2 wickens jail each other, the one who chose to jail first will overrule the other one. If the real Jailor jails the overruled person, the other person's jail will fail. If the real Jailor jailed the person who overruled the other wicken, then the real Jailor overrules, and the other wicken's jail attempt fails.
18) If the real Jailor overrules the wicken who tried to jail someone, then you will recieve the message for that night "Your target was jailed, so you could not jail them!" If you tried to jail someone, and get jailed yourself by an overruling Wicken/real Jailor, your jail will fail.
19) If you are a Retributionist, you can only revive a non-town role.

Details for the impersonation tactics:
Spoiler: A list will pop up during when you click on the sun icon during the day. People's names are added to this list when you find their roles. In order. So if you find John Willard the Doctor on night 1, then the list will now have:

(Name) (Role)
John Willard Doctor

If you wish to impersonate John Willard, then just click on his name/role bar. As soon as you finish impersonating a Doctor that night, there will be an extra (used) next to their name.

(Name) (Role)
John Willard Doctor (used)

As the list grows bigger, it should begin to look something like this:

(Name) (Role)
John Willard Doctor (used)
Chicken Joe Transporter
Lollipop Man Witch (used)
The Jailor Blackmailer

Lore: As a wicken, the strange individual tried to learn all about who they worshipped as their leader. When they found the open arms of the Evil roles, they vowed to tend to their every need. Coincidentally, all the evils shared a common goal. Destroy the townies who rejected the Wicken's beliefs. And the Wicken, obeyed.

Please tell me what you guys think of this idea. I'll make edits/answer questions as necessary.
Last edited by RosalinasGalaxy on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy-end-of-the-year holidays!
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Wicken (Neutral Evil)

Postby PoptartPresident » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:26 pm

As confusing as the whole Jailor thing is, it does sorta fit in the Neutral Evil category because now we have a role that can make everyone think twice about a "confirmed" townie.

/Supportish
The Saboteur -----> Please critic me

*Has a muscular wolf boyfriend
PoptartPresident
Jailor
Jailor

Location: Somewhere on planet Earth, in a toaster, getting "toasty" ;)

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:29 pm

It's a neat idea. It's a base for sure. But it definitely has potential for a neutral evil role.

/support
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:42 pm

Kirize12 wrote:So first you have to investigate someone for their exact role, then use their ability?

Precisely.
You cannot just use an ability until you've discovered their role
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Megalomancer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:43 pm

I have three issues with this:
1. Neutral Investigatives have no use of the information given to them
2. When this role dies, they will just reveal what they found and screw up the game
3. It's spelled Wiccan
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Megalomancer wrote:I have three issues with this:
1. Neutral Investigatives have no use of the information given to them
2. When this role dies, they will just reveal what they found and screw up the game
3. It's spelled Wiccan

1) That's not true. You can use town abilities to help evils. Or help yourself. You could also discover allies, and whisper to them.
2) Not necessarily. You don't see dead witches revealing in last wills that they controlled a serial killer all game do you?
3) Eh. It's a common way to spell it too. But it's fine.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Kirize12 wrote:This is essentially a weaker witch.

Really now?
How so?

I feel like it's much better than the witch. But please explain.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Kirize12 wrote:You get one control every two nights, can never re-control, and don't disrupt the flow. Witch holds much more raw power.

But unlike a witch, you can gain very valueable information within a quick period of time.
And unlike the witch, you can impersonate anyone. Including unique townies. Something that's never been done before.

Besides, you can just stockpile controls. It's not like you must impersonate someone every night.
Last edited by RosalinasGalaxy on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Kirize12 wrote:An impersonate is essentially a control every two nights that doesn't disrupt the flow of gameplay. It's not as powerful as witch.

Neutral Investigatives can be done better IMO.

A witch doesn't know what they're doing most of the time.
If you gather roles, you can use abilities against other discovered people.
Let's say you find the Jailor, and you find the mafioso.

You may now impersonate the mafioso, and kill the Jailor.

It's a lot better than a witch who randomly controls people to see what happens
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Megalomancer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:30 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:You get one control every two nights, can never re-control, and don't disrupt the flow. Witch holds much more raw power.

But unlike a witch, you can gain very valueable information with a quick period of time.
And unlike the witch, you can impersonate anyone. Including unique townies. Something that's never been done before

When you put it like that, I see the real problem with this role. It's just a Witch with a lower learning curve, reconstructed to seem different.
Megalomancer
Mayor
Mayor

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Megalomancer wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:

But unlike a witch, you can gain very valueable information with a quick period of time.
And unlike the witch, you can impersonate anyone. Including unique townies. Something that's never been done before

When you put it like that, I see the real problem with this role. It's just a Witch with a lower learning curve, reconstructed to seem different.

Essentially the Wicken is basically a neutral consigliere that can also use other people's night abilities.
But to be fair, it can impersonate just about anyone
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:An impersonate is essentially a control every two nights that doesn't disrupt the flow of gameplay. It's not as powerful as witch.

Neutral Investigatives can be done better IMO.

A witch doesn't know what they're doing most of the time.
If you gather roles, you can use abilities against other discovered people.
Let's say you find the Jailor, and you find the mafioso.

You may now impersonate the mafioso, and kill the Jailor.

It's a lot better than a witch who randomly controls people to see what happens

A witch knows what they're doing because they make reads. It has a very high learning curve, and this just seems to be a weaker, more diluted witch.

I just don't see how it could be related to a witch of all roles.
I was sort of expecting people to say it's basically a neutral consigliere and go from there.

But it doesn't really..."control" people. You just mimic their ability.
I don't see how that can be related to forcing someone to visit someone else.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Kirize12 wrote:What is controlling except for forcing someone to use their ability on someone?

This and a witch do the exact same thing, but witch disrupts the flow and creates chaos.

I think of controlling as someone being forced to visit someone else that they didn't intend to visit.

With the Wicken, you don't do that. You should be trying the strategy of finding a lot of roles, and possibly taking advantage of the sets you have.
You can't do that with the witch at all unless you happen to feed information to the witch.

At least with the Wicken, it's a confirmed action that's going to happen.
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Role Idea Archives