Review Roles Here

Old Role Ideas

Re: Review Roles Here

Postby markboisten » Mon May 02, 2016 8:07 am

oliy wrote:Honestly, it sounds like a variant on Vampire, except everything is anonymous and has night actions.
What's the point of the suicide?
Why is this NE? It should be NC if anything.
It feels too closely-related to Vampire.

Here is my reply it's long so I put in spoilers.
Spoiler: I'll change it to neutral chaos but this is different because the other players can still win without you. For example let's say a sheriff makes a deal with the broker, his goal now is altered to include the brokers survival. However, let's say a couple of nights and the mafia and the NK both die or get lynched. The broker now instantly loses, but the people he made deals with win. The people you make deals with are not really loyal to you, the only thing they want is for you to live, however enforcing your win is up to you. As for the suicide I thought it would be a great counter measure vs game throwers. But, I agree it may be terrible. Also your team members don't know each other neither and they can be from different factions causing divided loyalties.
markboisten
Witch
Witch

Postby Zedivann » Tue May 03, 2016 10:02 am

Role Name: Necromancer

Role Alignment: Neutral (Chaos/Evil)

Attributes: Hear what dead say, but cannot speak to them. Can revive evil through self sacrifice.

Abilities: Perform a self sacrifice at night to revive an evil role

Goal: Successfully use your ability and win with your revived targets faction

Wins with: Revived evils faction

Special Attributes: Unique Role

Investigative Results: Sheriff/Ret/Exe/Necro (Evil justice is also justice) Alternatively Medium/Jan/Necro (He does work with dead bodies)

Additional Information (comments): Left Alignment and Invest results with two options each for balancing through feedback.

Also yes this type of role is a little generic and people have probably already done own version of it, however this is my take on the concept with my own thoughts on abilities/attributes.
Jailors Robert Stupid
Zedivann
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby HappyMatt369 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Review on Kirize12's Surgeon

Spoiler: Role: Surgeon Okay, haven't seen this name before

Alignment: Neutral Benign Makes sense, we need more of these

Summary: A POW medic seeking a side to defect to.

Goal: Win with the faction of the last person you successfully healed. Switching sides in the middle of the game... Interesting. But won't they get punished if they never heal someone because of AFK killers?

Win Conditions: You win with who you successfully healed last and anyone they can win with. (if they never successfully healed, they do not win) Look up

Abilities: Heal one person each night, preventing them from dying. Standard doctor in a different alignment

Attributes: Your target will not know if they were attacked, but you will. Hmm... this would be bad for the target, but it's still okay.
Upon a successful heal, your win conditions will change to match your target's. Only the win conditions, not anything else, right?
You must heal every night at the cost of death and losing if you do not choose a target. Forcing you to heal, but can't you spam heal the same person?

Special Attributes: None. Can heal Arsonist douses, but not ignites, and Jailor executions. So can they can or can't heal Jailor executions?

Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious. Obviously

Investigator: (WIP, I'm rebalancing my Investigative result overhaul and will then proceed to add one in for Surgeon) Okay.

Consigliere: Your target has blood-stained scrubs. They must be a Surgeon! Maybe mention the surgeon being mad with guilt?

Backstory: Sneaking out of his house in the veil of the night, the ex-military Surgeon captured, put in a POW camp, and reluctantly freed by the side he fought for after initially turning traitor takes a trip down Salem Lane, and in the process, Memory Lane. He remembers the times of war - burning flags, bodies in the streets, brothers killing brothers, bloodshed. You couldn't take a step without wondering whether something was going to explode beneath you. You couldn't sleep at night when any moment, you'd be ambushed, captured, tortured, and killed. It was a hard, grueling time. It was a storm that would contain no rain - only blood. Hired as a Surgeon for Salem's side, he reinforced his resolve day and night - to stop the violence. However, he was eventually captured by the enemy while performing surgery on a wounded soldier. While the soldier bled slowly to death, the Surgeon was to be executed, but managed to talk his way out. He gave the enemy confidential secrets about his former allies - their hideouts, their allies, where they were located, the traps they set. Upon saying this, the Surgeon immediately wished he hadn't - but it was too late. He had officially turned traitor. As the events flew by, Salem's side was losing until they got help from a local power, which was the major turning point of the war. The Surgeon was captured on the battlefield and held hostage as a prisoner of war, which was more than he could have possibly deserved. Eventually, Salem won the war, and while most of the Prisoners of War were hung on the gallows, the Surgeon was reluctantly let free. Ever since that day, the Surgeon has been living with the guilt all his life, with all eyes scowling upon him and no friends, no family, no purpose, and no hope for the future. As he walked along the town that was once a battlefield that he fought in for both sides, he remembered how he used to be an expert combat medic, being able to heal just about anyone and any kind of wound, and now is out of work and has no purpose - he has been told multiple times that people would rather die than be saved from death by him. While he knows that is not true, as life is an essential fiber anyone would give anything not to lose, the world still burn inside him like freshly lit matches that his wardens used to inflict upon him as a Prisoner of War. As he returns home, ready to turn in for the night, he hears a blood-curling screech coming from the neighbor. He wakes up quick as a cat, grabs his medical tools, and rushes over, and sees a metal pole impaling his neighbor through a chair. The Surgeon runs over, rips out the pole, and gets to work, saving the man while he was within an inch of his life. "You...you saved my life..." "What attacked you?" the Surgeon asked and received the answer of "The Mafia." Giving the man some anesthetic, he walks back to his house with a sense of fulfillment and determination. The Surgeon has a purpose now - to defend the townies against the mafia and other criminal scumbags and redeem himself in the town's eyes...or defect, as he did 20 years ago, to the dark side, and combine the sinners and malicious intentions, cutting down the town's numbers one by one until organized crime...or anarchy...would take it's rightful place in it's reign of the land. This is a death game, after all, and the Surgeon is determined to save some lives, for better or for worse. Nice backstory, has a lot of detail and discription

Achievements: An Apple A Day - Win one game as Surgeon.

Doc in the House - Win five games as Surgeon.

Scrubs - Win ten games as Surgeon.

MEDIC! - Win twenty-five games as Surgeon. All above are classic achievements, okay.

Prisoner of War - Save someone from a Jailor's execution. So they can nerf the Jailor. Nice idea.

Problematic Petroleum - Save someone from an Arsonist's douse. Do we need an Arsonist nerf?

Benedict Arnold - Save the Godfather from a Veteran's attack after previously healing said Veteran from an attack. Nice name for the achievement, but won't this encourage surgeons to find the godfather and defect?

Additional information/comments: If the Surgeon does not choose a target due to a roleblock, they will not commit suicide. If a Witch or Transporter redirects the Surgeon onto themselves, it will be a benign visit and should you be the unfortunate victim of a night attack, you will still die. No self heals, but then how would the surgeon protect themselves?

A simple but challenging Neutral Benign that takes skill to play, but has lots of different possibilities and can use the thread to make reads and determine the alignment of his previously healed target and matching his playstyle to fit in with that target, while he might have to be forced to change his playstyle completely at a moment's notice without the town noticing due to the fact that he must take an action every single night. But they can spam heal the same person after successfully healing them

Also, if he heals let's say a Jester, and the Jester gets lynched, the Surgeon does not win unless that's the last person he successfully heals, so he's going to have to try and find people who aren't likely to be subject to an attack, thus changing his playstyle completely.Nice idea, but can't they then spam heal night immunes, as they most likely won't die?

Overall it's a Neutral Doctor that's fun to play and improves the skill level of the player, which cannot be said about the current Neutral Benigns that don't take much skill to play at all. It also can't be a kingmaker, and would lower chances for kingmakers that require little effort to spawn.
Overall, interesting role, with only a few minor flaws. One of these is that once they find a person that they healed, they can continue to heal that person and keep healing them.
Rating: 92/100 (A)

Also no-one reviewed my role, The Consultant. Anyone want to?
http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26903
Can I say a few things here? First, be nice on the forums. Leave suggestions for everyone!
Have a look!
Removed games record. No space to update :(
HappyMatt369
Doctor
Doctor

Postby simabean » Wed May 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Could I have my Forlorn Spirit (https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=41153) reviewed?
simabean
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Thu May 05, 2016 9:29 am

simabean wrote:Could I have my Forlorn Spirit (https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=41153) reviewed?

It gud

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby simabean » Thu May 05, 2016 1:13 pm

JammySplodge wrote:
simabean wrote:Could I have my Forlorn Spirit (https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=41153) reviewed?

It gud

I mean an evaluation. Not just "it's gud."
simabean
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri May 06, 2016 10:39 am

simabean wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:

It gud

I mean an evaluation. Not just "it's gud."

Evaluation: By looking at the facts and the role i can safely say..., it gud

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Wzombie » Sat May 07, 2016 8:37 am

Hey, uh... Can you guys review my Courier Role?
I usually go by the IGN "Linen Mather"

I blame PewDiePie

Check out my Courier Role

Spoiler:

VucubCaquix wrote:Our juice was already diluted with water. More water has been added, but the juice has long been too watery for a parrot like me to drink. And thus, nothing was truly changed.

-These words of wisdom are about the influx of new players brought upon us by the YouTubers.
Wzombie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Sylanna » Sun May 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello! Could I ask for review of my Keymaster role?

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=41453

Cheers!
Gee golly!

I love to be: Investigator, Bodyguard, Lookout, Vigilante, Godfather, Mafioso, Serial Killer
I hate to be: Executioner, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Veteran, Transporter, Mayor
Sylanna
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheWabbit » Wed May 18, 2016 3:54 am

Edit: Here's the whole info about my role, the Chronicler.

Spoiler: Role Name: Chronicler
Role Alignment: Neutral Evil

Description: A record keeper that enlists different events.

Abilities:
Visits one person every night. You'll receive any system messages the person received the same night.
You're protected against the first attack. This doesn't protect you from Vigilante and Veteran kills.
You will also know who your target visited. If the target stayed at home, you will be notified that the target didn't visit anyone that night.

Special Attributes:
- Detection Immunity
- Temporary Night Immunity (for first attack)
- Any system messages the target acquired will be shown to you in third person.
( You visited John.
John got transported.
You'll receive: "John was transported into another location".)
- Transportation immunity (You'll still receive info from your original target, transported or not.)
- You will also receive a message of who the person visited the same night, even if the target stayed at home.

Goal: Watch the town become history. Can still win if dead.
Wins with: Witch, Survivor, Vampire, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Werewolf, Mafia

Investigative Results:
Investigator: Your target has a good eye. They could be a Lookout, Chronicler, or a Forger.
Sheriff: Your target is not suspicious.
Consigliere: Your target records past events. They must be a Chronicler.

Additional Information:
- The Chronicler isn't immune to Witches.
- You won't hear dead people's messages if you visit a Medium.
- You won't hear mafia chat if you visited a Mafia member or a Spy.
- You will also receive who the mafia visited if you visit a spy.
- You will receive information if the player was hauled to jail.
- You will not hear Vampire chat.
- You will not hear Jailor's chat.
Last edited by TheWabbit on Sat May 28, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheWabbit
FM Awards: Mafia
FM Awards: Mafia

Postby NHs54 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:37 am

Goon (Mafia)
· Beaten one person, depriving him of his powers and the right to vote.
Attributes:
· Your goal is to find out if she was beaten.
Goal:
· Kill all who do not obey the Mafia.
NHs54

Postby Nellyfox » Mon May 23, 2016 9:39 am

Do any of you read the OP? Seriously...the first bullet states to not link your thread.

Can't really be asked to be strict so I'm just going to give everyone a look of disapproval and keep the posts quality please.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby FighterCage7 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:30 am

Role: President
Rival of the mayor as leader of the town. Can reveal as president, and will have lynch immunity. Has power to veto one person on trial, giving that person lynch immunity until the president is killed.

I have this idea completely fleshed out at http://townofsalemcc.wikia.com/wiki/President. Feel free to take a look!
FighterCage7
Jester
Jester

Postby JazzMusicStops » Fri May 27, 2016 11:38 am

FighterCage7 wrote:Role: President
Rival of the mayor as leader of the town. Can reveal as president, and will have lynch immunity. Has power to veto one person on trial, giving that person lynch immunity until the president is killed.

I have this idea completely fleshed out at http://townofsalemcc.wikia.com/wiki/President. Feel free to take a look!

Just an OP Mayor
/nosupport

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: New Role Idea, Get your medicine ready!!

Postby EctoplasmPhantom » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:59 am

Guys if you have any suggestions or want to critique just reply. I think this is an original role so if you want to reply giving me some additions just let me know and we hope that the developers will see this and maybe implement it as they have done it before with the forger and another role that has slipped my mind. Can't a guy hope?

Sick: Neutral Benign

Every night you give people illness basically roleblocking them for the next day and night. The victim can still be voted to be lynched but will stay in their house unable to speak or vote. In the night they can't do anything. They can be protected by the way. They following day everyone will see that someone has recovered from illness but after night 5 you die of sickness. You are considered an enemy of the town unless a doctor can heal you so they can lynch you. If they lynch the sick all guilty voters will get the heartless achievement for lynching a sick person.

Victory Conditions: Get one person killed because of you. (Getting them voted off or them getting killed in the night because you made them sick) You don't have to survive.

Attributes: You can make anyone sick except werewolves and doctors and make roleblocking roles sick if they block you. If you stay at home, anyone who visits you gets the illness. Transporter gets the illness if he transports you but nobody else that night. You can't vote at all though making it a little harder to accomplish your goal. If a doctor visits you two nights in a row you will be cured of your sickness and become a doctor by learning from the doctor that healed you so the doctor will want to do it. They will see when they visit this patient is not well he needs medical attention The sick will be a unique role! If you make the mayor sick you will be discovered, jailed and executed for making the mayor sick. A witch will get sick by controlling you but you will not get anyone else. You are immune to a vampire and will make them sick.

Sheriff sees Non suspicious. Investigator sees he has empty medicine bottles on the table he is having a lot of trouble he is an amnesiac or the sick. Consigliere sees they are coughing constantly they must be the sick but they will be giving the illness if the sick stays at home to all of these roles.

He is a rogue patient that ran away from a hospital because he wasn't getting the proper medical attention until he stumbles upon Salem. He knows he will die soon. For revenge he wants to get someone killed by his illness.
EctoplasmPhantom

Postby JazzMusicStops » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:55 am

Please put it in the stickied format

I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby cxl1024 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:01 am

JammySplodge wrote:Please put it in the stickied format

And make a whole new thread for it first. Then pitch it here.
SURVIVOR SUCKS. Check out Kirize12's rework of survivor:

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36848
cxl1024
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby factoftheday » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:15 pm

I have a role to be reviewed.
it is a NK that kills people but no one knows there dead.
link viewtopic.php?f=27&t=43860&p=1411690#p1411690
factoftheday
Escort
Escort

Postby alex1234321 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:40 am

Can someone please review my Psychic?

Spoiler: Note: This is similar to Pixellll's Psychic, but it is different.

You are a witch who forms mental links between people

Abilities: Form a mental link between two players every day

Attributes:
-They will be able to anonymously speak with each other that night
-You can not form a mental link between yourself and someone else (may be removed)
-Roles with a night chat can hear and speak to both the person that they are linked to and whoever they speak to at night
-Once dead, you can still link people, but only 3 times (optional)

Special Attributes:
-Unique role

Goal: Lynch every criminal and evildoer

Wins with: Town, Survivor

Investigative Results:
Sheriff- Your target is not suspicious.
Investigator- Your target uses magic. They must be a Retributionist, Witch, or Psychic.
Consigliere: Your target forms mental links. They must be a Psychic.

Achievements:
Magic: 1 win as a Psychic (5TP)
Witchcraft: 5 wins as a Psychic (5TP)
Wizardry: 10 wins as a Psychic (10TP)
Telepathy: 25 wins as a Psychic (25TP)
Constant Communication: Form a mental link between the same two people 3 nights in a row (10TP)
LinkedIn: Link one person with 5 different people (10TP)

Text:
You have chosen to form a mental link between _____ and _____.
A Psychic formed a mental like between you and someone else.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Okeanix » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Can someone look at my idea

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44283
Everyone in Role Ideas forum is England Queen. They don't like any changes but they like simple useless ridicilous roles created by BMG SeemsGood
Okeanix
Spy
Spy

Postby Okeanix » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:29 am

lucas8411 wrote:
Okeanix wrote:Can someone look at my idea

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44283

I'm not going to do a long review but I will say the flaws of your role.
Spoiler: 1: It's a combination of the witch and the Retributionist which is pretty OP, speaking of OP -1 balance
2: If there is no janitor, you can only bring back a town member. Because if you bring an mafia/neutral, they will lynched. -1 balance
3: You have bring more then 1 person back, retributionist have only 1 but this have more then 1. -1 balance

I will say that there are not only flaws on your role, there are some things good at this role such as:
1: You can control your pupput, sure this is annoying for the pupput itself and I have no idea how this work out in practice but it's something different. Not the best option but also not the worst. +1 creativity
2: Ones the person you brought back is dead, you can bring it back again. +1 balance
3: The invest results are good +1 balance +1 understandable
4: The name is okey .... +1 creativity +1 understandable
5: Goal and alignment are pretty standard which is a good thing. +1 creativity +1 understandable

Creativity: 3/5
Balance: -1/5 (yes, that's a minus 1. From now on I also review with minus)
Understandable: 3/5
----------------------------------------------------
(6+6+-2) 10:3x10 = 33%

Actually its balanced with puppet vulnerable also make escorts more useful they can roleblock puppets. Yes its more powerful than Witch and Retributionist. But Puppetmaster is not op. They are weak and need buff.
Everyone in Role Ideas forum is England Queen. They don't like any changes but they like simple useless ridicilous roles created by BMG SeemsGood
Okeanix
Spy
Spy

Postby kookeekwisp » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:42 am

Nellyfox wrote:Post the role card of a role you want review. Do not link your thread, advertising threads is against the rules after all.

Was this rule changed somewhere, or are we just free to break this?
cause im seeing a lot of it RN
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
kookeekwisp
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby kookeekwisp » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:56 pm

Either way, i'd like a role reviewed

Priestess: Spoiler: Your role is Priestess!
You're a beautiful magician, looking to end the war between Mafia and Town.

Type: Neutral (Benign)
Wins with: Anyone who lives at the end of the game, minus Vig, Jailor, Vet, VH, NK and Mafia.
Goal: End the game in a draw, and abolish every killer!

Abilities:
-Choose someone each night,
gaining power if they die.
Attributes:
-If you gain power, you can heal
someone each night
-You can heal up to 2 different
players using power.
-You can heal yourself freely
-If you die, everyone you healed
successfully will die as well.

Special attributes: none

-----------------

Notes: Choosing players doesn't visit them (immune to lookout & vet), and has it's own row of buttons.
If that player dies, another row appears for healing each night. If you gain more power, both rows of buttons heal players.
You know which one is attacked, if you use 2 heals.
If the game draws with you alive, everyone alive (+ Jesticutioner) wins, but not the ones that are dead, or who's night ability is to kill.

Text: "You have decided to heal [James Bayley [as your second target]]"
"You feel as if [Batman] is about to die..." (power-gaining ability)
"Your [second] target was attacked last night!"
Sheriff: "Your target is not suspicious."
Investigator: "Your target is a manipulative beauty. They must be an Escort, Priestess, or Consort."
Consigliere: "Your target wishes to prevent all violence. They must be a Priestess."

Achievements:
First win: Saint $5
5 wins: Heroine $5
10 wins: Savior $10
25 wins: Guardian Angel $25
Heal 2 people in 1 night: Break it up, you two! $25
Prevent a Survivor from dying: Home for the homeless $5
Gain power from a dying Retributionist: Death is life $10
Gain power from a Vigilante's target: Ethnic cleansing $5
Last edited by kookeekwisp on Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite roles: Framer Survivor Trapper VampireHunter Consigliere Mafioso Escort Lookout Mayor Arsonist Disguiser Veteran Bodyguard Plaguebearer Medusa Blackmailer Executioner Doctor Crusader Vigilante Vampire PotionMaster Poisoner Transporter Jester Jailor Consort Ambusher Werewolf SerialKiller Hypnotist CovenLeader Pirate Godfather Sheriff Forger ??? Retributionist Amnesiac Investigator Necromancer Spy GuardianAngel Tracker Psychic HexMaster.

Kirize wrote:
kookeekwisp wrote:Dont single out Arso cause it kills slower!
I didnt know you could contradict yourself in one sentence
kookeekwisp
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby ARMENIA2016 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44406

Review this and see if it is even worthwhile.

It should be good.
Win/Loss/Tie

81/78/2

[/size]
ARMENIA2016
Transporter
Transporter

Postby BlazinIce » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:04 am

BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante