Amnesiac Overhaul

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

Re: Amnesiac Overhaul

Postby BasicFourLife » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 am

Villagerlover wrote:
Flake wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:I still think the double is a really bad and unnecessary copycat concept when you already have an Amnesiac that can do the same thing without actually kicking someone out of the game.

The issue is that you're completely ignoring the overwhelming positive of Double (significantly better balance), and only focusing on the negatives; the same goes for almost everyone here who has said that Double is bad. Anyone can consider only the negatives or positives of a role and say "this role bad xd" or "this role good xd" respectively. You need to actually weigh up the positives and negatives of Double (or any role) in order to grasp how good it is, and the fact that everyone seems to be completely ignoring a vital positive of Double (as compared to Amnesiac) and jumping to an overall opinion about the role without considering this vital positive is quite irritating. Arguing one case is all well and good, and I agree with some of the points you've made, but don't base your opinion of the role only on the negatives, especially when there are very clear positives.

Man, I understand the whole "It's more balanced" thing, I get it since no numbers increase in majority or anything.
But honestly that's not going matter at all as long as this role doesn't appear in ranked, which I highly doubt it will as long as it remains in Neutral Benign. This role would be more infuriating in any other game mode, which happens to be the only game modes it would be in.
It could be because I have only scanned across the posts, but I don't really see anyone else saying why it's such an amazing role that should replace Amnesiac other than
"It's better than Amnesiac" or "It's more balanced".

In my opinion, it's quite clear to me that this role only has 1 positive (being balanced) in comparison to the vast number of new problems that would come out of this role.
-No one wants to know they were killed and replaced. It takes away the fun of being in the game at all, and will give us more leavers.
-No one wants to be killed by, of all things, a Neutral Benign role, which is quite unfitting for its alignment.
-It won't help with other neutral roles that have unmet goals like I've already stated in my previous post
-It won't even appear in the setting it was clearly created for.
-Above all else, we already have Amnesiac which just needs some tweaking.

To me, it's quite clear that the vast number of negatives outweigh the positives.
I'm better off agreeing to Amnesiac changes than an entirely new unfitting role that deters gameplay

That is your opinion.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Re: Amnesiac Overhaul

Postby Villagerlover » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:54 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
Flake wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:I still think the double is a really bad and unnecessary copycat concept when you already have an Amnesiac that can do the same thing without actually kicking someone out of the game.

The issue is that you're completely ignoring the overwhelming positive of Double (significantly better balance), and only focusing on the negatives; the same goes for almost everyone here who has said that Double is bad. Anyone can consider only the negatives or positives of a role and say "this role bad xd" or "this role good xd" respectively. You need to actually weigh up the positives and negatives of Double (or any role) in order to grasp how good it is, and the fact that everyone seems to be completely ignoring a vital positive of Double (as compared to Amnesiac) and jumping to an overall opinion about the role without considering this vital positive is quite irritating. Arguing one case is all well and good, and I agree with some of the points you've made, but don't base your opinion of the role only on the negatives, especially when there are very clear positives.

Man, I understand the whole "It's more balanced" thing, I get it since no numbers increase in majority or anything.
But honestly that's not going matter at all as long as this role doesn't appear in ranked, which I highly doubt it will as long as it remains in Neutral Benign. This role would be more infuriating in any other game mode, which happens to be the only game modes it would be in.
It could be because I have only scanned across the posts, but I don't really see anyone else saying why it's such an amazing role that should replace Amnesiac other than
"It's better than Amnesiac" or "It's more balanced".

In my opinion, it's quite clear to me that this role only has 1 positive (being balanced) in comparison to the vast number of new problems that would come out of this role.
-No one wants to know they were killed and replaced. It takes away the fun of being in the game at all, and will give us more leavers.
-No one wants to be killed by, of all things, a Neutral Benign role, which is quite unfitting for its alignment.
-It won't help with other neutral roles that have unmet goals like I've already stated in my previous post
-It won't even appear in the setting it was clearly created for.
-Above all else, we already have Amnesiac which just needs some tweaking.

To me, it's quite clear that the vast number of negatives outweigh the positives.
I'm better off agreeing to Amnesiac changes than an entirely new unfitting role that deters gameplay

That is your opinion.

Yes.
That's why I keep saying "I think" and "personally" because above all else, this is how I feel about Double. Glad you're observant.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Previous

Return to Testing Grounds