TG Results Poll

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

Re: TG Results Poll

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:56 am

How about we test he more testing roles on Fridays and regular roles on other days from now on? At least until we can finish all the more testing roles. I'm not sure how turnout will be during more testing sessions, but not everyone had the opportunity to play with those roles originally so it could work.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:57 am

/vote more testing Blacksmith Hasn't been able to do much, but the results seem promising so far.
/vote more testing Duelist Definitely weaker under TMK, but I haven't seen it perform in a non-TMK environment.
/vote more testing Associate Seemed weak in tests, but I would like to see more of it, especially without TMK.
/vote more edits Confounder I think we did enough tests with this role, and it is definitely powerful. Honestly I think this should be an NE role even though it is similar to Witch.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby ak521 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:10 am

/vote no Blacksmith
/vote yes Duelist
/vote no Associate
/vote edits Confounder
ak521
Witch
Witch

Postby Cavespider17 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:15 pm

/Vote More Testing on Blacksmith
I think it only spawned once or twice and died Night 1.

/Vote Yes + More Edits on Duelist
Interesting role, I would like to debate the astral visit thing further however.

/Vote Yes + More Edits on Associate
Really enjoyed playing as this role, and found a use for its abilities in some form or another.

/Vote No + More Edits on Confounder
Role is way too overpowered as it is, needs major nerfing.
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Postby superdog551 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:44 pm

I'm on mobile so I cant give detailed reasoning but I'll still vote

/vote More Testing Blacksmith
/vote More Testing Duelist
/vote More Testing Associate
/vote More Edits Confounder
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread to post about it on but I did rework Klepto a few weeks ago

Does it need to be voted on again?
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby runningwiththepower » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:59 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread to post about it on but I did rework Klepto a few weeks ago

Does it need to be voted on again?

This is something a lot of us have been divided on.

Personally, I think the roles that got the result 'More Edits' should have edits applied to them with input from both the users & the role creator consensually. From there, the role will be put back into the TG.

But there has been a WEALTH of different opinions and some people think it should be 1000% resubmitted with the new edits but I think that makes 0 sense whatsoever.
runningwiththepower

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:27 am

I'd be curious to hear from those people who think "More Edits" means "reject it and hope it gets resubmitted". To my mind, so long as a role hasn't been voted "No", it's still in the TG.

Note that Alex chose to allow roles voted "No" to be resubmitted, so the "No" option is filling the role of "reject and resubmit".
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby runningwiththepower » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:17 am

Brilliand wrote:I'd be curious to hear from those people who think "More Edits" means "reject it and hope it gets resubmitted". To my mind, so long as a role hasn't been voted "No", it's still in the TG.

Note that Alex chose to allow roles voted "No" to be resubmitted, so the "No" option is filling the role of "reject and resubmit".

Brilliand, while I have your attention---what are your thoughts on roles that received the 'More Testing' attribute in the Results poll?

I think 'More Testing' roles should be rolled in with the rest of 'Test Roles' for the given month. So we have 4 Test Roles every month & 3 Roles that got 'More Testing' so we would have 7 Test Roles.

HOWEVER....some people think that there should be certain select games where we test the 'More Testing' roles....and others believe that some of the 'More Testing' roles "are not worthy of being tested anymore." and that we need to decide as a community which ones to cut out. People are concerned it may end up being too many Test Roles per Month.

But what are Your thoughts on the matter ?

And if anyone else wants to chime in @Ezra @Cob @Morgan, feel free.
runningwiththepower

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:27 am

I'm fine with just keeping them with the current month's roles as you suggested, but that might decrease the chance that the current month's roles appear. That could be solved by just giving them extra weight, though.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:49 pm

runningwiththepower wrote:Brilliand, while I have your attention---what are your thoughts on roles that received the 'More Testing' attribute in the Results poll?

I think 'More Testing' roles should be rolled in with the rest of 'Test Roles' for the given month. So we have 4 Test Roles every month & 3 Roles that got 'More Testing' so we would have 7 Test Roles.

This is my opinion.

runningwiththepower wrote:HOWEVER....some people think that there should be certain select games where we test the 'More Testing' roles....

This also makes sense, and I do not mind doing it this way.

runningwiththepower wrote:and others believe that some of the 'More Testing' roles "are not worthy of being tested anymore." and that we need to decide as a community which ones to cut out.

Every role that is voted "More Testing" or "More Edits" should come up in this thread's voting again every month until it is voted either "Yes" or "No". This thread's voting process should be the only way we decide when to stop testing a role.

Granted those roles haven't been coming up in this thread's voting every month; that needs to be rectified.

runningwiththepower wrote:People are concerned it may end up being too many Test Roles per Month.

If too many roles need to be tested for multiple months, we can limit the rate of accepting new roles into the TG so that the total number of roles under test doesn't get too high.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Previous

Return to Testing Grounds