TG Role/Concept Poll | Voting

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

Re: TG Role/Concept Poll | Accepting

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:03 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:Submissions for the next round of testing:
Neutral Subalignment Rearrangement (Option B)
Idea by Ezradekezra
Link

I'm not exactly sure how this would be tested.

The neutral roles used would be recategorized based on the suggestion, and over the course of the tested games it would show whether or not this re-arrangement of Neutral roles would be more balanced than the current arrangement.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Brilliand » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:28 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:The neutral roles used would be recategorized based on the suggestion, and over the course of the tested games it would show whether or not this re-arrangement of Neutral roles would be more balanced than the current arrangement.

Your proposal doesn't affect the games themselves at all, though; it just makes the task of setting up rolelists easier (or possibly harder, if someone explicitly wants a "randomly either Witch, Jester or Executioner" slot).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:52 pm

alex1234321 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:Submissions for the next round of testing:
Neutral Subalignment Rearrangement (Option B)
Idea by Ezradekezra
Link

I'm not exactly sure how this would be tested.

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:2 (very important) spy rework

This is an info feeder and really needs a rework

Link

Which rework?

The most voted one, fow now it would be Soulshade55r's one
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby cob709 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:01 pm

Submitting
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: TG Role/Concept Poll | Voting

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:11 pm

The February Submission Phase has ended! You have until the end of the month to cast your votes.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby cob709 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:07 pm

/vote Judge by Cavespider17
Spoiler: This is a good alternative to mayor because it doesn't immediately confirm anyone as town. In fact, I suggest that this replaces mayor.
/vote Stalker by OreCreeper
Spoiler: This role is extremely skill-based and can prevent the Town from announcing their plans during the day which allows them to interrupt the flow of information.
/vote Copycat by Ezradekezra
Spoiler: I suggest renaming it to something such as mimic, or revert it back to an executioner rework. This role helps evils by not only causing mislynches, but also using the Town's abilities against them(or preserving Evil abilities).
/vote Rolestopper by Ezradekezra
Spoiler: This role can stop Protective roles from protecting important targets, or prevent Town Investigative and Town Killing roles from doing their actions.
/vote Investigator Rework by cob709
Spoiler: Allows evils to have more flexibility to claim.
/vote Framer Buff by Paradox12
Spoiler: Framer is underpowered, this will allow it to have a larger impact on the game, equal to other RM roles.
/vote Executioner Rework by alex1234321
Spoiler: The Jester punishes town for correctly lynching, while this does the opposite, which is what makes it good. However, it should gain a different type of ability instead(See "copycat").
/vote Chaos Gamemode: Modifiers by cob709
Spoiler: Not for ranked, but it's fun. Though, some balancing changes should be made.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Brilliand » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:26 pm

/vote Conqueror
/vote Copycat
/vote Rolestopper
/vote Spy Rework by Soulshade55r
/vote Silent Transports
/vote Ambusher Rework by alex1234321
/vote Poisoner Buff by Brilliand
/vote Chaos Gamemode: Modifiers
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:22 am

/vote Stalker by OreCreeper
Inb4 the Ambusher hate gang crucifies me

/vote Conquerer by Brilliand
I think that this counts as a doomsday role, and it's definitely a neat concept

It helps evils recover lost utility, and it rewards mislynches with extra utility, assuming the Copycat plays well enough. Also, how could I not support my own idea?

/vote Kleptomaniac by Ezradekezra
There needs to be some sort of replacement for the NE witch in Coven games.

/vote Omen by CapWarrior2
Similar concept to the Copycat, but with night kills instead of lynches.

/vote Revolutionary by Alex1234321 and CapWarrior2
I'd make it unique but it's a cool concept

I've already been through this

/vote Modifiers by Cob709
The FM gang has entered the chat

/vote Neutral Subalignment Rearrangement by Ezradekezra
Let's make NE and NC slots balanced
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Cavespider17 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:59 am

/Vote Judge (Cavespider17)
/Vote Kleptomaniac (Ezradekezra)
/Vote Ambusher Rework (alex1234321)
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Postby Shyrakeso » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:37 am

/vote Judge by Cavespider17
Shyrakeso

Postby alex1234321 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:56 am

My thoughts on each concept:

Spoiler: Helper by Notused Interesting concept, but it seems similar to a nerfed Doctor right now. Maybe I'll vote it next month if it is changed a little bit.

Judge by Cavespider17 Town role that can self-confirm pretty easily. It seems like a fun role but I think we have enough confirmable roles.

Stalker by OreCreeper I'm not a fan of independent Mafia kills and it can get anywhere from no kills to 1 KPN.

Conqueror by Brilliand I don't love the compulsive heal but I really want to see its wincon tested. I can even see it as a new wincon for all NK roles if testing goes well.

Copycat by Ezradekezra Giving Town abilities to scum seems like it can be very swingy based on which role is lynched. I would like to see it tested though.

Kleptomaniac by Ezradekezra Has many of the same problems as Copycat, but I prefer the concept of Copycat.

Minotaur by CapWarrior2 Very similar to the SK. Too similar in my opinion.

Omen by CapWarrior2 Much less useful to the Mafia than the Witch, and in Ranked it would be extremely rare to find three separate scum killers unless TMK is implemented.

Revolutionary by alex1234321 and CapWarrior2 A TP for lynches, which is almost impossible to make as part of a different alignment.

Robber by Notused Very chaotic, but I don't see anything immediately wrong with it so I'd like to see how it impacts a real game.

Rolestopper by Ezradekezra Slightly weak right now, but it can definitely be buffed and has a positive effect on the game.

Investigator Rework by cob709 Some claims are awkward, but it definitely increases claimspace for scum which is a good thing.

Jailor Rework by alex1234321 Drastically reduces the confirmability of Jailor while retaining its core mechanic of allowing players to make their case before being executed.

Lookout Rework by alex1234321 Makes TPLO much less effective while still allowing Lookout to easily spot killers.

Spy Rework by Soulshade55r Removes seeing Mafia visits and upholds the Sheriff:Investigator::Lookout:Spy relationship.

Silent Transports (thread by syjfwbaobfwl) Removes the confirmability of Transporter and makes the role much more skill-based.

Trapper Rework by syjfwbaobfwl I don't think we're in a position to be testing Coven roles but maybe this can be tested once we have a stable playerbase and more experienced hosts.

Ambusher Rework by alex1234321 Keeps the main mechanic of Ambusher, which is to indirectly protect Mafia roles, while removing the independent killing aspect of the role.

Framer Buff by Paradox12 Worse version of the Framer buff that is currently in the TG.

Hypnotist Buff by Paradox12 Silent transports are a better way to reduce the confirmability of Transporter, but I like the other changes. I didn't vote for this last month but I'm going to vote for it this time around.

Executioner Rework by alex1234321 Makes Executioner a true NE role that can contribute to the victory of scum while increasing the punishment for lynching the Executioner's target.

Poisoner Buff by Brilliand (linked post, not OP) I don't think we're in a position to be testing Coven roles but maybe this can be tested once we have a stable playerbase and more experienced hosts.

Chaos Gamemode: Modifiers by cob709 I like this idea, but it would be very difficult to test. Also we should be testing concepts that are balanced for Ranked. Maybe if we don't get enough people we can do smaller games with modifiers for fun.

Neutral Subalignment Rearrangement by Ezradekezra (option B) This should absolutely be added, but it would take a very large number of tests to determine whether the new subalignments are better than the old ones and we would need to have much bigger games.

/vote Conqueror by Brilliand
/vote Revolutionary by alex1234321 and CapWarrior2
/vote Robber by Notused
/vote Investigator Rework by cob709
/vote Jailor Rework by alex1234321
/vote Lookout Rework by alex1234321
/vote Spy Rework by Soulshade55r
/vote Silent Transports by syjfwbaobfwl
/vote Ambusher Rework by alex1234321
/vote Hypnotist Buff by Paradox12
/vote Executioner Rework by alex1234321
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:45 pm

/vote Stalker by me
/vote Conqueror by Brilliand (very unique concept and I think the role would have a pretty high skill ceiling, but a win is still reasonably obtainable)
/vote Lookout Rework by alex1234321 (a little bit UP, but definitely takes lookout in the right direction)
/vote Spy Rework by SoulShade55r (spy really needs a rework right now and this idea does it just right)
/vote Framer Buff by Paradox12 (decent idea, could use some work but is very promising)
/vote Hypnotist Buff by Paradox12 (buffs hypno and decreases the confirmability of transporters)
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:22 pm

I made some changes to Revolutionary and changed its name to Mortician. It is now less like a Bomber while still being incentivized to use its ability earlier in the game. Please take a look an vote for it if you like the changes.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:32 pm

alex1234321 wrote:I made some changes to Revolutionary and changed its name to Mortician. It is now less like a Bomber while still being incentivized to use its ability earlier in the game. Please take a look an vote for it if you like the changes.

Although I like the changes, I'm not a fan of allowing role submissions to be changed mid-voting.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Cookazoo2 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Just wait for the next cycle before changing.

I also have some reworks I'd like to propose but I can't bring them in until voting's over.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:18 pm

Cookazoo2 wrote:Just wait for the next cycle before changing.

I also have some reworks I'd like to propose but I can't bring them in until voting's over.
Brilliand wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:I made some changes to Revolutionary and changed its name to Mortician. It is now less like a Bomber while still being incentivized to use its ability earlier in the game. Please take a look an vote for it if you like the changes.

Although I like the changes, I'm not a fan of allowing role submissions to be changed mid-voting.

Yeah you guys are right, this isn't the submission phase. Since I wouldn't want the current version in the TG even if it got enough votes, I removed it from this month's poll and will add the new version during next month's submission phase. However, this month will count towards the three month pruning rule.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:02 am

Only two more days to vote! Get your votes in before the deadline!
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:28 am

Voting is now over! Here are the final results:

Votes:
Helper by Notused 1
Judge by Cavespider17 2
Stalker by OreCreeper 4
Conqueror by Brilliand 5
Copycat by Ezradekezra 5
Kleptomaniac by Ezradekezra 1
Minotaur by CapWarrior2 0
Omen by CapWarrior2 2
Robber by Notused 2
Rolestopper by Ezradekezra 5
Investigator Rework by cob709 2
Jailor Rework by alex1234321 1
Lookout Rework by alex1234321 2
Spy Rework by Soulshade55r 3
Silent Transports (thread by syjfwbaobfwl) 2
Trapper Rework by syjfwbaobfwl 0
Ambusher Rework by alex1234321 3
Framer Buff by Paradox12 2
Hypnotist Buff by Paradox12 2
Executioner Rework by alex1234321 2
Poisoner Buff by Brilliand (linked post, not OP) 1
Chaos Gamemode: Modifiers by cob709 3
Neutral Subalignment Rearrangement by Ezradekezra (option B) 1

No tiebreaker is necessary. The following roles will be tested during the month of February:

Conqueror by Brilliand
Copycat by Ezradekezra
Rolestopper by Ezradekezra
Stalker by OreCreeper

The following roles did not qualify for testing this month. However, if we have time and performed enough tests on the qualifying roles, we can test some of these roles. Those that aren't tested before the end of the month will automatically be in next month's role poll.

Helper by Notused
Judge by Cavespider17
Kleptomaniac by Ezradekezra
Minotaur by CapWarrior2
Omen by CapWarrior2
Robber by Notused
Investigator Rework by cob709
Jailor Rework by alex1234321
Lookout Rework by alex1234321
Spy Rework by Soulshade55r
Silent Transports (thread by syjfwbaobfwl)
Trapper Rework by syjfwbaobfwl
Ambusher Rework by alex1234321
Framer Buff by Paradox12
Hypnotist Buff by Paradox12
Executioner Rework by alex1234321
Poisoner Buff by Brilliand (linked post, not OP)
Chaos Gamemode: Modifiers by cob709
Neutral Subalignment Rearrangement by Ezradekezra (option B)

Congratulations to everyone whose concepts made it to the TG! The February submission phase begins now and will end at 23:59 UTC on March 15. We will run our first test with the new roles this week and rolecards will be posted momentarily. You may now submit roles for next month's poll in the thread or by pming me if you wish to submit your roles anonymously.

Right now there are a lot of roles in the poll. We will discuss changes to the role poll system in the Discord, and old roles may be removed from this month's poll.
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Cookazoo2 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:19 pm

I propose my Vigilante rework, which removes guilt from Vig and reduces their bullet count.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Cookazoo2 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:41 am

syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby alex1234321 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Voting has officially begun! Starting this month, you may only vote for up to FOUR roles/concepts, including at least one that was created by someone else. Starting in April, the submission process will be modified to further limit the number of roles in the TG polls.

Here are my votes:

/vote Mortician by alex1234321 and CapWarrior2 NC role that causes scum to be more cautious when pushing for mislynches while creating an additional threat to the Town
/vote Spy rework by Soulshade55r The most popular suggestion to rework Spy, which must be fixed on some way
/vote Vigilante rework by Cookazoo2 Something I have been pushing for years, it limits the swing caused by Vigilante while keeping its overall power level the same
/vote Executioner rework by alex1234321 Gives Executioner a true NE wincon while giving it utility for scum, also good to test an NE killing role
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Cubical » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:24 pm

/vote Mortician by alex1234321 and CapWarrior2
/vote Spy rework by Soulshade55r
/vote Vigilante rework by Cookazoo2
Cubical
Survivor
Survivor

Postby alex1234321 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:10 am

Let’s get the spy rework through! With he next update there’s a good chance they’ll rework spy, so let’s show them how to do it in a balanced way!
#SaveTheTG

alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Descender » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:14 am

alex why do you still have hope
hope was left when shape left the discord
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender