Save the Testing Grounds [META]

Test roles that have been suggested in simulated gameplay.

Save the Testing Grounds [META]

Postby HyperSwagX » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:41 pm

Hello! Some of you have probably heard of me. I'm active over on the TG and TGDM discords, and I post a decent amount in the Role Ideas category.

Activity has been falling. We flat-out don't get client games anymore. We've been getting fewer and fewer submissions every month, but we still have a More Testing backlog. TGDM is the same general group of people every time. I'm mainly posting this here for the tiny chance that one of the old guard checks this and decides to be more active.

I really like the community that TG has gathered, as well as what we do. I really don't want it to die.

So I ask. Please join the quest.

https://discord.gg/f3kwAwBHkm
HyperSwagX

Re: Save the Testing Grounds [META]

Postby cheeseandtomatos » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:29 pm

Seconded

I expect though, that most people are busy with Tos 2 and that's why there's been no activity.
sometimes when my mother isn't home i go into the backyard, bury myself, and pretend i am a carrot

I sometimes go as burn
cheeseandtomatos
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Descender » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:52 am

cheeseandtomatos wrote:Seconded

I expect though, that most people are busy with Tos 2 and that's why there's been no activity.

we're working on this by introducing tos2 into tg over the coming months
i think the issue is more the lack of new people coming into tg. mafia already doesn't have much public interest (especially in the west) but being a subcommunity thats only findable via an old forum makes that significantly worse
i think if we don't find a way to get tg out there in places it'll be seen thisll continue being the pattern we see
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:14 pm

I really want to see TG take off and start growing again. Unfortunately I don't really have the time right now to put as much effort into everything as before, but I still hope to remain active and participate in TGDM and maybe the occasional client game. Honestly it feels like a negative feedback loop where fewer people coming makes me and presumably others less excited about TG which leads to even fewer people coming to tests. During the fall I plan to host a cross-community event to try to get others coming to our server, and I hope that can lead to a larger consistent player base.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby HyperSwagX » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:35 pm

cant wait for that!
HyperSwagX

Return to Testing Grounds