The forums feel much more inactive than in the past

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum.

The forums feel much more inactive than in the past

Postby itaicool » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:53 am

I used to be active in 2018-2019 and then took a long break and came back a couple months ago, I remember there being many new topics every day and alot of diffrent people but now there is like 1 topic every couple days and the same small group of people always reply, feels like alot of players just abandoned the forums.
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: The forums feel much more inactive than in the past

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:23 am

I was active in 2016-2017 before returning and I feel the same way. The game has around 1/4 as many active users as it used to, and I would say that forum activity has decreased by a similar factor. I just hope this new update brings a lot of new users and some of them come to the forums.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby itaicool » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:05 am

alex1234321 wrote:I was active in 2016-2017 before returning and I feel the same way. The game has around 1/4 as many active users as it used to, and I would say that forum activity has decreased by a similar factor. I just hope this new update brings a lot of new users and some of them come to the forums.

I think the reason may be because they were working on the unity port for a very long time and as a result they didn't bring alot of new contents or updates, I think the last large update they did was the coven expansion and it was a while ago. I think they need to make an update on the level of the coven expansion to get that popularity again.
itaicool
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby alex1234321 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:59 am

itaicool wrote:
alex1234321 wrote:I was active in 2016-2017 before returning and I feel the same way. The game has around 1/4 as many active users as it used to, and I would say that forum activity has decreased by a similar factor. I just hope this new update brings a lot of new users and some of them come to the forums.

I think the reason may be because they were working on the unity port for a very long time and as a result they didn't bring alot of new contents or updates, I think the last large update they did was the coven expansion and it was a while ago. I think they need to make an update on the level of the coven expansion to get that popularity again.

Any game is going to have its playerbase slowly die out. Updates just delay the inevitable. Honestly, I'm slightly surprised that the game isn't completely dead at this point. I expect this update to be similar to Coven in scale and possibly even larger because otherwise it would do nothing to increase activity and I doubt BMG would go through the pain of any major update unless it's something completely new and different. It could be graphics, but most of the graphics changed with Unity and they wouldn't do a 7 week reveal for just graphics.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby TheDebil » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:33 am

itaicool wrote:I used to be active in 2018-2019 and then took a long break and came back a couple months ago, I remember there being many new topics every day and alot of diffrent people but now there is like 1 topic every couple days and the same small group of people always reply, feels like alot of players just abandoned the forums.

because they did
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner

Postby StlnSP » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:45 am

idk why did you open with how you left the forums and then wonder how everyone else left the forums
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby dolphina » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:44 am

StlnSP wrote:idk why did you open with how you left the forums and then wonder how everyone else left the forums

“hmmmm how curious i left and then everyone else left”
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby horusagario » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:14 am

i was never around when this place was active but ill pretend i was

I WANT THE OLD TOWN OF SALEM FORUMS BAACK!! IT'S SOOOOOOOOO DEADDDD
horusagario

Postby dolphina » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:14 am

ok pico
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby horusagario » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:18 am

dolphina wrote:ok pico

thank you im going back to posting only once every 3 - 5 days now
horusagario

Return to The Lounge