A Comment on Chocolate

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum.

A Comment on Chocolate

Postby MacReturned » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:23 pm

Hey people, today I'll be talking about the well-known sweet which is now spread world-wide. Generally, there are three said types of chocolate.

Dark Chocolate

Milk Chocolate

White Chocolate

NOTE, for white chocolate lovers please refrain from reading as I plan to roast white chocolate pretty hard.

Ah, dark chocolate. My favourite. I like 80% cacao types, that delicious taste of bitterness with that pinch of sweetness swirling in my mouth.. 85% cacao is ok for me too but some find it.. too bitter. But to me, dark chocolate is the REAL chocolate, it might not be 100% how mother nature intended it to be but it's close enough to the standards. But what I think Mother Nature would not find pleasant are the following two.

Milk chocolate. I would say it's still considered in the chocolate family. It does contain cacao still, but I dislike those milk chocolate products that aren't properly sweetening, ruining the amazing taste of chocolate. The World accepts milk chocolate better than my preference above, but atleast it is not as bad as the Impostor. Oh yeah, the sickening Impostor.

WHITE CHOCOLATE. The sinner. Some would call it a distant cousin to the Chocolate family, but I don't even think they're related despite of their likeness. 0% cacao you tell me. What a nightmare. White chocolate can be awfully sweet at times (MOST of the times) and I despise it. No offense to white chocolate fans, but I despise it. You can't call it chocolate, if it has no cacao!! It's basic sense!! Sure, some master at desserts could nail a dessert containing white chocolate, but that's it. That's the further white chocolate could go.

Just a short text sharing my opinion on chocolate, share yours in the comment too! (Please don't post hate just because I dislike white chocolate)
Why did I even write this I'm shaming myself
Last edited by MacReturned on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
YOU CALL THIS RESISTING ARREST? WE CALL THIS A DIFFICULTY TWEAK.

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Re: A Comment on Chocolate

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:51 am

I have encountered ginger chocolate and some sort of mushroom chocolate. Both were terrible.

Since you can make "chocolate" by mixing cacao with pretty much anything, I think it'd be more enlightening to talk about what other ingredients you like with your cacao.

I think the last cacao-based thing I ate was made of coconut milk, cacao, agave and vanilla. It was pretty good. It was advertised as "chocolate-flavored vegan ice cream" though, not as chocolate per se.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MacReturned » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:36 am

Brilliand wrote:I have encountered ginger chocolate and some sort of mushroom chocolate. Both were terrible.

Since you can make "chocolate" by mixing cacao with pretty much anything, I think it'd be more enlightening to talk about what other ingredients you like with your cacao.

I think the last cacao-based thing I ate was made of coconut milk, cacao, agave and vanilla. It was pretty good. It was advertised as "chocolate-flavored vegan ice cream" though, not as chocolate per se.

If I would suggest, I'm thinking of a citrus-mixed chocolate. Maybe add a pinch of orange element, to add another level of taste to it.
Spoiler:

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Postby Crimson97 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:57 am

Is anything with less than 50% really milk chocolate or just solid chocolate milk?

Spoiler:
Crimson97
[Forum Mafia XVIII] Winner

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:14 am

MacReturned wrote:If I would suggest, I'm thinking of a citrus-mixed chocolate. Maybe add a pinch of orange element, to add another level of taste to it.

Oh, chocolate orange? I remember eating those as a child. It's been a long time... but yeah, they were delicious.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MacReturned » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:00 am

Crimson97 wrote:Is anything with less than 50% really milk chocolate or just solid chocolate milk?

This is confusing
Spoiler:

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:12 am

I don't remember the taste of white chocolate, that's how little I've eaten it. Then again, I don't eat that much chocolate. The point is, I can't offer an opinion on white chocolate.

Dark chocolate is clearly the most superior member of the chocolate family and you cannot convince me otherwise. I hate overly sugary things, and dark chocolate is perfect for my needs. Its flavor seeps through, the bitterness mixed with that small amount of sugar just making a perfect delicacy. Most of the time, I don't taste the sugar. The dark chocolate covers the weird sugary taste up.

I despise milk chocolate because they only ever have milk chocolate. All of the parties I've ever went to with chocolate always offer fucking milk chocolate. Its overly sugary taste fucking kills my mouth. I die. I can't tell you how many times I've tried milk chocolate out of politeness or thinking that just maybe the taste will be okay, and I regret it immediately afterwards. And unlike the beauty of dark chocolate coating my tastebuds, I get this disgusting sugary mess coating my mouth. Milk chocolate, in my opinion, is the fucking worst type of chocolate.

As a kid, I was the guy on Halloween who would go trick or treating just to boast about their candy numbers. I also only eat/ate the dark chocolate Hershey's bars.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Crimson97 wrote:Is anything with less than 50% really milk chocolate or just solid chocolate milk?

The thing that makes solid chocolate solid is 'cocoa butter', which is a major ingredient in chocolate and is also the reason white chocolate has any claim to being chocolate.

Chocolate milk doesn't usually contain cocoa butter, so the difference between "solid" milk chocolate and "not solid" chocolate milk is the presence or absence of a major ingredient.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Fenraiser » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:31 am

The bittersweet taste of the dark chocolate is superior, I agree. I don't like my coffee that way though, lots of sugar and cream all the way but not enough to overshadow the coffee taste.
deathofrats0808 wrote:
James wrote:DEATH! I JUST WANT ONE MORE BREATH!
CAAN YOOOU GRANT MEE ONE MOOOORE PLEEEEEEEEAAASE!?

All out of breath I'm afraid. I only have existential dread left.
Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Fenraiser wrote:The bittersweet taste of the dark chocolate is superior, I agree. I don't like my coffee that way though, lots of sugar and cream all the way but not enough to overshadow the coffee taste.

I do adore the the aftertaste of dark chocolate. It is likely my favorite. However, I cannot possibly just exclude milk chocolate. Although simple and sweet, it is quite a delicacy with a cold glass of milk. :BlobTea:

White chocolate tastes like sugary sperm. I hate it.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Fenraiser » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:20 am

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
Fenraiser wrote:The bittersweet taste of the dark chocolate is superior, I agree. I don't like my coffee that way though, lots of sugar and cream all the way but not enough to overshadow the coffee taste.

I do adore the the aftertaste of dark chocolate. It is likely my favorite. However, I cannot possibly just exclude milk chocolate. Although simple and sweet, it is quite a delicacy with a cold glass of milk. :BlobTea:

I have a problem I can't stop myself from eating white chocolate either even though I know dark chocolate is superior.
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dolphina » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:09 am

Fenraiser wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:

I have a problem I can't stop myself from eating white chocolate either even though I know dark chocolate is superior.

Start telling yourself you're being stupid every time you eat white chocolate. self-deprecation always works :)

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby MacReturned » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:38 am

dolphina wrote:
Fenraiser wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:

Start telling yourself you're being stupid every time you eat white chocolate. self-deprecation always works :)

hehe yeah, white chocolate is meant for kids who aren't good enough to handle the aftertaste of dark chocolate eventhough it is simply AMAZING. A pleasure to my sensory organs.
Spoiler:

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:55 am

MacReturned wrote:
dolphina wrote:Start telling yourself you're being stupid every time you eat white chocolate. self-deprecation always works :)

hehe yeah, white chocolate is meant for kids who aren't good enough to handle the aftertaste of dark chocolate eventhough it is simply AMAZING. A pleasure to my sensory organs.

tl;dr white chocolate is for SCRUBS

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Fenraiser » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:07 am

MacReturned wrote:
dolphina wrote:
Fenraiser wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:

r/gatekeeping
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dolphina » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:08 am

Fenraiser wrote:
MacReturned wrote:
dolphina wrote:
Fenraiser wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:

r/gatekeeping

Spoiler:

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Descender » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:58 am

i have very strong feelings about dark chocolate that would get me banned
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:01 am

Helicooler wrote:i have very strong feelings about dark chocolate that would get me banned

Sexual or racial
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby MacReturned » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:47 pm

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
Helicooler wrote:i have very strong feelings about dark chocolate that would get me banned

Sexual or racial

Um please refrain from those topics XD
Spoiler:

My role ideas:
Enchantress
MacReturned
Jester
Jester

Postby Fenraiser » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Petition to ban caramel chocolate forever:
  1. Fenraiser
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Brilliand » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Fenraiser wrote:Petition to ban caramel chocolate forever:
  1. Fenraiser

You mean chocolate-covered caramel, or did you actually find someone who used caramel as an ingredient in the chocolate mix?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Fenraiser » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:41 am

Brilliand wrote:
  1. Fenraiser

You mean chocolate-covered caramel, or did you actually find someone who used caramel as an ingredient in the chocolate mix?

Petition ban caramel in chocolate forever:
  1. Fenraiser
deathofrats0808 wrote:

Fenraiser
Veteran
Veteran

Postby CheezePie » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 am

Fenraiser wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
  1. Fenraiser

1. Fenraiser

deny
i like it
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Crimson97 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:33 am

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:

Sexual or racial

Religious

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby Crimson97 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:23 pm

555jacob555 wrote:
Fenraiser wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
  1. Fenraiser

1. Fenraiser

no caramel in chocolate is good

Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Next

Return to The Lounge