Grand Idea Character Scramble 2 - Nominations Thread

For smaller, less serious games.

Grand Idea Character Scramble 2 - Nominations Thread

Postby testaccount1234 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 am

So, it's been a while since I posted here and I promised a sequel to this over two years ago so I might as well try and reboot it. The original nominations thread can be found here.

tl;dr Submit a character and put your post number.

Simple Guidelines:
1. Clarify where your submitted character is from.
2. Keep the entry somewhat reasonable and simple. Last time, we had entries like "The River Nile" and "The Great Wall of China" which would've made things extra difficult if someone had to deal with it. Memes are fine, a natural occurring structure in the Earth is not (you get the idea).

Other than that, go wild. If you don't know what to post, just go to the original thread and get ideas from that. If this reaches 200 posts, I'll create a sign-ups thread for the real thing.

Background Information
Spoiler: Grand Idea Mafia is a variant of mafia that was started by a mafiascum user named BBmola. Basically, the premise was that each player in a game of Grand Idea Mafia gets a randomized number that corresponds to their role. This can lead to hilarious and unexpected games such as half the roles having some sort of silly restriction or 'Bastard Roles' like a doctor that is actually a Citizen. Since then, Forum User TheCow created a Town of Salem version.

The Character Scramble is some hybrid of analysis and fanfiction writing competition hosted on the subreddit /r/whowouldwin where everyone submit a bunch of characters which gets put into a pot. Those characters then get 'shuffled' before being randomly distributed back to everyone. Each user must use the characters that they receive as a team and must fight against another random teams with competitors using both research and writing abilities.

When you combine those two ideas together, you get this game. Combining the elements of both games, the Grand Idea Character Scramble revolves around arguing why a randomly generated team is better than everyone else's when pitted against a variety of crazy scenarios revolving around a certain theme. In the last game, the theme was Politics with Icibalus claiming the winner's trophy in the end.

It probably wasn't a good idea in the first place but I'm combining the two anyways.

So What's Going to Change in the Sequel?
Spoiler:
  • New theme: No more politics, we're using a different set of prompts that are a little bit more dangerous.
  • New elimination format: The elimination format will be similar to games like Mafia and Survivor instead of a single-elimination tourney. This means that the pace will be slower and relaxed, which means more scenarios.
  • More flexibility: Don't like a character you've been given? You may have an opportunity remove them before the game starts.
testaccount1234
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Grand Idea Character Scramble 2 - Nominations Thread

Postby testaccount1234 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 am

I'll start.

Post 1

Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog
testaccount1234
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:48 am

Post 2

Yeth from Yeth
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Post 3

Ori from Ori and the Blind Forest
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Hawkwing425 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:13 pm

Post 4: Gin Ibushi from Kimi Ga Shine/Your Turn to Die
Spoiler: Image
Hawkwing425
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Location: Hawkwing425, the SHSL Forumronpa Player, has been found guilty. Time for the punishment!

Postby PolyesterHomes » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Post 5

Composite Captain America
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Arcade