Daily Brew and menu lag with dual monitors

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Daily Brew and menu lag with dual monitors

Postby OralShreks » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:06 am

Hi all!

I've noticed a really strange bug when playing ToS on dual monitors - trying to navigate menus, or do the daily brew, results in the game client lagging incredibly badly. Simply completing the award day brew will take upwards of 10 minutes to play the entire animation.

That being said, there's also a list of really strange caveats I've noticed to this bug as well:
    Depending on which monitor the game is open on, it will either lead to the game lagging, or whatever other window is open lagging.
    Clicking between the game window and the other screen causes the game to advance for around 5 frames, and then will continue freezing until the next click between the two monitors.
    Pressing ALT + Tab and then waiting over the game client with the window selector makes the game run at around 10fps on the other monitor. If it's on the main monitor, this has no effect.
    With the witch animation for the brew, everything is incredibly slow, other than the "Almost there, purchase a potion below to charm your award type" screen, which pops up at the exact rate you'd usually expect.

I've tested this with 2 different computer setups, one being quite a serious gaming machine with 64gb of DDR5, a core i9, and two Nvidia 3080s in it, and the other is a 16gb DDR4, a core i5, and an Nvidia 2080ti. Both of them have the same results. I'm also using an ultra-wide monitor with both systems, so that could also be causing the issue.

This issue goes away if I unplug one monitor, regardless of which one it is.
OralShreks
Jester
Jester

Return to Steam Bug Reports