Won't let me buy the Soundtrack!

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Won't let me buy the Soundtrack!

Postby Setzertrancer » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:12 am

Hi, I completely intended to buy the Soundtrack on steam right now as soon as I got paid. But on Steam it won't give me a button to buy the soundtrack no matter where I look, I could add it to my Wishlist but nothing else. What's even stranger is that I already own the Coven DLC, yet steam is telling me I don't and is allowing me to buy that. But If I launch the game I have access to Coven as I expected.

Please help me with this issue quickly, because I intended to use the music in a Youtube Video that I am not monetizing and I'm supposed to have the video out tomorrow.

I can't even seem to post a image showing the issue in these barebones forums :(.
Setzertrancer

Re: Won't let me buy the Soundtrack!

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:30 am

Hi there.

If you bought Coven elsewhere (i.e: in-game) instead of through Steam, Steam cannot register you have access to the content unless you bought it from them, so it will prompt you to do so.

I am prompted a button looking up the soundtrack. If it's not showing for you, then you already own it. Go to your library and search "soundtrack" and you should be able to find it. If not, check your history of purchases via;

- Click your name in Steam, and select Account Details.
- Under the Account Details tab, click 'View Purchase History'

You should see it listed, even if you bought a bundle, just make sure to double-check any bundled purchases, as it could be hiding there.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Won't let me buy the Soundtrack!

Postby Setzertrancer » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:47 am

That didn't seem to work it just confirmed that I have no record of the soundtrack in my purchase history, Base Game, Coven and several cosmetic purchases are listed. I tried following the instructions in the comments of the soundtrack shop page. I have no folder there called steamapps/common/TownofSalem/Sound

Not sure what else to do, can some someone please just take my money and get this over with, wanna finish my project today before I fall asleep.

When I type soundtrack in my library as expected nothing shows up as I've never bought a game soundtrack.
Setzertrancer

Return to Steam Bug Reports