Immunity to Arsonist Ignite

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Immunity to Arsonist Ignite

Postby Dieteticchutoy9 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:02 am

I've had four games where I was either doused along the long or directly by the arsonist but somehow did not die during his first ignite, I've actually talked to two arsonist players when this happened (It was some game's where we ended up being some of the last townies left in the square, 1 V 1 I recall). I've been told from their perspective that I am still doused, they ignited and somehow I didn't die. We both were quite confused but a subsequent igniting fixed the issue.

So I somehow end up immune to the first igniting by arsonist, it hasn't happened consistently to my knowledge but the number of games where there is a arsonist and I get ignited before they either die or I die from other means are staggered out so much I can't keep track if it's a consistent bug I'm experiencing.
Dieteticchutoy9
Jester
Jester

Re: Immunity to Arsonist Ignite

Postby ScarfVendetta » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:50 am

An Arsonist's ignite will sometimes happen before subsequent visits that night, This means that the Arsonist can ignite, and then passively douse visitors later that night. This leads to the strange sight that a doused player is alive the next morning, although this is actually because they were not doused when the ignite occurred.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby Brilliand » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:44 am

ScarfVendetta wrote:An Arsonist's ignite will sometimes happen before subsequent visits that night, This means that the Arsonist can ignite, and then passively douse visitors later that night. This leads to the strange sight that a doused player is alive the next morning, although this is actually because they were not doused when the ignite occurred.

It's inconsistent whether a visiting player dies to the ignite or not?

It should ideally be consistent one way or the other. (Until you said this I thought that it was consistently "no, a not-yet-doused player visiting the Arsonist does not die to an ignite that night.")
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby GSYT » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:32 am

I'm assuming that if your visit has a Priority number of 5 or 6, you won't be killed, since you visit AFTER the ignition. I don't have any proof of this, but it's the most logical explanation.
GSYT

Return to Steam Bug Reports