Low framerate after patch 3.2.3

Bugs reports for the Steam Client

Low framerate after patch 3.2.3

Postby oblivion2k » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:01 pm

I posted this on the Steam forums as well but haven't gotten a response after four days, cross-posting here to hopefully find a resolution.

Following patch 3.2.3, I'm experiencing very odd slowdowns on ToS animations. For example, the Blank Media loading screen has no issues, but in the main menu, the store items being shown off are animated at around 2-3 frames per second, or worse. The options at the left are running at full speed. Also, if I press shift + tab to bring up the steam overlay, all elements in the main menu run at their full speed, including the ones that previously were running slowly.

If I go into the daily brew and run a daily potion, it takes 32 seconds from the time I click start to the time the ingredient is finished being added. All sounds are played at their correct speed, they are just delayed until the point in the animation where the sound clip would normally be played.

I don't feel comfortable testing in a match to see if the issue occurs there, potentially ruining a match for others, but I suspect it does.

Computer specs:
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070
Ram: 16GB 3600Mhz

Troubleshooting performed:
Vsync turned off in-game and in Nvidia control panel
Waited for patch 3.2.4 to see if a bugfix had been released, when issue persisted, I made this post.
oblivion2k

Re: Low framerate after patch 3.2.3

Postby Ateloye » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:34 am

I have the same problem, it is specially bad when doing the Daily Brew, only minimizing and maximizing spamming on the taskbar works for me as in gets it through the animation. Otherwise you will wait more than 5 minutes to finally see if you dropped your potion in the cauldron lol.
Ateloye

Re: Low framerate after patch 3.2.3

Postby DocExer » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:56 am

@oblivion2k, generally the fix for the low frame rate issue in the Cauldron is to turn VSync ON in the burger menu. I see that you mention you have it turned off.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Return to Steam Bug Reports