Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal

Postby NorthNY » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Ok so I've seen my long list of reports from TrialBot and they're bad, they even surprised me but I have to say this is not of me. Some of the reports on me were of me trolling and saying nasty/rated R and inappropriate things out of boredom during late nights and the other reports were for hate speech.

The recent reports on me (This happened like 3 hours ago), I could honestly make a case of myself being the victim, I was literally lynched and called racial slurs because I came out as being black. The town even made names being racist towards blacks. Even when trying to plead with the town, they still continued to be racist. I was Jailor and still got lynched because I was black. I also made sure to report every single person in that town for hate speech and if you check the system, it will show. The other recent report was me talking about the recent shootings that happened and I was very upset that a particular group was targeted for their religion and I showed that anger inappropriately with my comments. The other recent report, claims I was being racist for asking someone to speak English in the chat. I don't understand how we are supposed to communicate if the guy doesn't speak English? He even admitted he knew how to speak English. I take full responsibility for the hateful comments I did respond back with but I have played this game for a long time and this isn't really of me. I really don't need I deserve to get banned for Hate Speech especially what happened to me in my last game, where I was literally lynched up for being black and laughed at. I feel like If I stay banned, they won and this sends the wrong message.

Again, I don't claim to be completely innocent here but I feel like I do not deserve to be banned for the reports shown.
NorthNY
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appeal

Postby TrialBot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:10 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:17 pm

Do you still believe to be innocent? You were racist in all of your four reports.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NorthNY » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:02 am

Honestly those reports are years old and the one that actually got me banned yesterday was the one where I wasn't trolling and being hateful at all. I was actually targeted by the whole town who made racist names to antagonize me, I even asked nicely and warned that I would report if any racism happened and yet the whole town came together to be racist and lynched me because I was black. In dead chat I even tried to talk to one of the guys and asked him to apologize. Even while I was dead and the game was still going on, they were mocking me for being black. Listen mod, I'm changed and you can see that. I even apologized for my anger the day that shooting happened and I made those comments. Honestly I made some of those old comments because of my anger from racism in the game, I always see N word this and N word that which made me uncomfortable and want to get somewhat even. But I've changed, you can really see that in the last report. I just don't really think it's justified that I got banned for the report that came from an all racist town that lynched me for being black. I enjoy playing this game and I feel like stupid comments like these shouldn't make me be banned forever, I follow all of the rules of Town of Salem but I think there shouldn't be a double standard within the game when it comes to race. If you do accept this appeal, I'll make sure to never take part of feed in any of this nonsense again. Thanks.
NorthNY
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Well, when you say you have hcange,d yet you used the same line that got you suspended earlier before. We do nto approve of racism, regardless at which skin color its regarded.
Please be aware that each report that Trial Bot displays symbolizes one suspension that had been issued to your account, and the fourth one is permanent. By our current policies can only invalid reports be appealed, so I'd like to know, if you consider any of your reports as invalid and why.
I'd like to add that a rulebreak doesn't justify ones own.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NorthNY » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:15 pm

I understand that but I've only been suspended once on my account, not three times. I honestly believe the latest report shouldn't result in my account being permanently banned. At least a suspension if anything. That whole entire chat log is a lynch mob against me because I'm black and I'm pleading with them to stop. Imagine 14 people against you, being racist and you end up being the one banned for it. From start to finish, you can see them being racist towards me. I even give them warnings that I would report and even talked to one guy in dead chat to apologize. I just don't understand how you can genuinely read that chat log and paint me as the aggressor. That doesn't send off a good message. This is literally the reason why I got those other old reports because of racist towns like this one. I had to blow off steam with some rebuttal due to being targeted but I don't do that anymore. I was very shocked that, that report, where I'm the victim lost me my account. I've been reading some of these Appeals on here and I can tell you that about 60% of them deal with racism that deals with black people. Whether it's making a racist black name or saying racist slurs against blacks. There is obviously a problem here. I honestly don't think this report is valid and I think you should look over it again and possibly reconsider giving me a lesser punishment. Thanks.
NorthNY
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Each report is a suspension though,
the first was a 24h, the second 72h and the third 168h (the fourth suspension is always a perm). Maybe you took breaks from the game, which lead to you not noticing your suspension. I am well aware that we have a lot of bans because of racism against black people, yet it doesn't mean racism agaisnt white people is accepted either. A lesser punishment was already issued, since you actually were suspended 3 times before the ban was issued.
I know that you were not the only one doing something wrong, though. The others also got their share.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NorthNY » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 pm

I understand that man...but if there was ever a report for me to not get a permanent ban for, it would be this one. I went through hell that entire game because 14 other people thought it was funny to be racist towards me and I ended up being the one punished. I've read over that entire chat 3 times now and I just don't understand how you don't see how they antagonized me. Lynching me while I'm Jailor, just because I'm black should have been a clear sign to what kind of people these were. At the very top of the chat, my first words are Racism=Reported when the game is about to start but of course that doesn't stop the entire town from doing it anyway. I now understand that I have had 3 suspension on my account but I just can't fathom this report being the one to delete my account because I'm actually making an effort to combat racism in that report. I'm respectful and pleading for them to stop all throughout the game, I lose my cool once when I get lynched because obviously, I was Jailor and got lynched just for being black. I've played in many games where 4-5 people are being racist towards me but never have I've been in a game where the entire town joins together to be racist towards me and what makes it worse, I got permanently banned for it. That game was so terrible and troubling to me, I lost interest in playing for the day. When I decided to come back on, of course I found out I was banned forever, leaving that horrible Town of Salem game as my last game to remember. I don't know man...I hate playing the victim but I genuinely am the victim in this report. I know I have very little say in your decision but I can honestly tell you that I know for a fact that a permanent ban to my account isn't what is deserved for that report that came from that horrible town.
NorthNY
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:01 am

While I understand the frustration, others being racist and/or hateful does not give you a free pass to do so yourself.
I'm being respectful and pleading for them to stop all throughout the game

Before the game even starts you say "I'm sick of you white people" and while on the stand, you say "The only good white person is a dead white person".
This alone, in my opinion, makes you no better than the other racist people in that game.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NorthNY » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 am

I understand your point Flavorable but context is key. I started the game with that comment but that comment stems from what was said in the lobby before the game starts. That comment isn't even racist, that's just me saying I'm sick of another race being racist towards me because I'm different. The thing I said on the stand should also be looked at in context. They killed me because they thought all blacks in the town should die and it was a good thing so I just said it against them back. I know this was wrong to do but I felt ganged up on and I was very angry. I was alone in this town of racists and my anger got the best of me. I hate how I'm being painted as the villain in this and at this point this isn't about getting unbanned. It's the principle of it, I'm literally getting punished for doing nothing wrong with a entire chat log showing me trying to defuse the situation from start to finish. You take the one bad thing I said out of the hundreds of bad things said to me and villainize me. I understand no racism is tolerated but at least show some compassion to what happened to me in that town. I think this report upsets me even more because of the shooting that happened some days ago. I even reference it in the chat, saying "a shooting of hate just happened and this is how you guys still behave?" And when I said that, the town starts to mock the shooting. How does this entire chat log not show you how nasty these people are? I understand what I said was wrong but that's less than 1% of what was said in there. I refuse to believe you can't show some compassion to my situation, especially to a person who has changed over the years.
NorthNY
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 pm

We do have seen the situation and you weren't the only one getting banned/suspended for this, yet your behaviour was "not good" either, true to a lesser degree maybe, but you had the weight of previous suspensions on your account, which related to a same fate.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NorthNY » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:44 pm

Umm...I’m just now looking over my old reports, and exactly why was I suspended for the May 17, 2017 report? I literally said nothing bad in there or am I missing something? Was it when I was getting lynched? I don’t find that to be hate speech, if anything it’s a joke. And I’ve used that defense for years and everyone always found it to be funny and it has helped me at times. I have a false suspension on my account and I think my newer report should replace that one. I know you guys refuse to show me any compassion for what I went through on that last report and think I’m this evil person that doesn’t deserve to be on this game but at least look over that report and tell me how that’s hate speech. I understand you mods have to be strict and have a job to do but come on...these appeal processes are harsh.
NorthNY
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:14 pm

You might want to check out your last will, since it had racism in it.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NorthNY » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Lol, I didn’t know you could open up wills on a report. Good catch though. Man...I was really out of control back then. Also for my last report, I also noticed someone from that town opened up an appeal and he actually got his ban removed. He said 10x the things I said so I wonder why that is? If he gets his ban moved to a suspension, then why can’t I? Because I have 3 suspensions already? That really doesn’t seem fair and honestly makes no sense. If what he said isn’t worth a ban, then why is the things I said (that doesn’t even come close to the things he said) warrants me a ban? I know I have 3 suspensions already but that seems ridiculous and biased. His name was like noggnigg or something. I hate going back and forth begging to be unbanned because honestly that’s not my style and I think the readers and mods get enjoyment out of it since you guys always try to prolong appeals (aren’t reasonable or straight to the point), but I just want some answers and to adresss some of the flaws within the Town of Salem staff. Imagine getting punched 100 times and then you finally throw a punch back and then the cops come and arrest you for assault. That’s basically how unjust my last report is. It’s been a week and I’m already over this game, It’s filled with racists anyway. I take long breaks from it strictly because of all of the racism. Anyways, please just address my claims so I can move on.
NorthNY
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TurdPile » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Report is valid and valid bans cannot be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals