Hate speech/Harassment

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Hate speech/Harassment

Postby noggnigg » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:10 pm

I got banned for hate speech because the whole lobby had a "racist theme" and made a whole joke about it throughout the game. I should also maybe mention that i am back myself, but even so, i steered away from using the n word nor any other demeaning word towards any and all people. I made some "cruel" jokes with a lot of other people and there were only really two people who took it sour and was open about reporting me. As i saw nothing wrong in my doing, other than the jokes MAYBE being in bad taste, i continued making jokes with the others. None of what i said was to be taken seriously nor was meant to offend anyone and I am sorry for the people who felt that way. I understand that certain jokes were not equally funny for everybody, but I still stand by the fact that they were still within the guidelines or ATLEAST not bad enough for a full on permanent ban.

A quick response will be highly appreciated. Thank you. :D
noggnigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Hate speech/Harassment

Postby TrialBot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:16 am

You were not only racist, but also made jokes about a very recent attack in New Zealand.

Report is valid and valid reports cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby noggnigg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Never made a joke about the attack, just called new zealand a no mans lands. I was far from racist in that game unless you call black pride racist.
noggnigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby noggnigg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:12 pm

saying the words racist theme is not hate speech.

Calling new zealand nowhere land is not hate speech either.

Ive read all the rules before i posted my appeal and i can guranatee you that the ban was not justified. I do get that it might have offendend someone in a subjective manner, but then again that is not hate speech either. The least im asking for is a reduction from ban to suspension, with the promise that ill take better care of my wording in the future of course.
noggnigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 pm

he isnt black kill him

only blacks are allowed in this town

BLACK SUPREMACY!

That would be racism.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby noggnigg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:28 pm

No that would be anything from roleplaying to satire. Seeing as those are jokes reflecting on real world problems, but seeing the humor in it and swithcing the roles instead of living in a grim world were nothing can be joked about. I still do not belive that making fun of majority, just for jokes, is considerd hate speech. Hate speech is, if anything, almost always objectively considerd hatefull and dangerous. Those statements were not. I truly do not belive that any of you takes this as seriously as it looks like youre doing. I get that it mgiht have been out of line, but perma banning me seems out of line.
--
I think it should also be noted that being a racist is a statement, and a way of thinking. Making fun of racism in a satyrical way should not be looked as in the same way. We do not punish comidians, or any other humans for that matter, for making such jokes. Context is key, and according to your own rules i did not comit any wrongdoings.
--
Although you, maybe, didnt like my joke or found it in bad taste, does not mean that you can speak for everyone, nor ban me for breaking rules that you have not put up on your website.
Last edited by Jerme on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: merged tripple post, please do not spampost and use the edit button if you got something to add.
noggnigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Have you ever heard of the term "hatespeech"? Racism would fit into said word quite well...
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby noggnigg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:15 pm

No reason to be demeaning towards me. Yes Ive heard of hate speech and what i said was neither racist nor hatespeech. Why do you admin insist on never unbanning anyone, even though some people, including me, should not be banned at all. I get that you have a job to do and a reputation to uphold, but are you really telling me that what i did deserves a permenant ban and the loss of my money? Can we not come to an agreement where i get a suspension, learn from my mistakes, but get to keep playing a game i love, whilst following the rules?
noggnigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:43 pm

I agree that this report should not be a permanent ban.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby noggnigg » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:45 pm

I appreciate that you agree with me, is it still possible to reduce the ban to a suspension instead?

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been studying a lot for my exams lately and had to work with that.
noggnigg
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TurdPile » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Report is valid and valid bans cannot be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals