Please unban me.

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Please unban me.

Postby NyanCats4Days » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:24 am

So, I got banned for leaving a game night 1.

I just did this as an experiment to see how long till' I get juggernaut. It was a strat my friend told me I should do cause he said he always does it and never gets banned, he also said he gets jugg pretty common. I did this for less than 5 games before I stopped. I was worried I was gonna get banned if I kept going so I just stopped right there.

I know what I did was technically gamethrowing but please here me out...

I have 2 years of experience in the game, and spent $15 total on it. This is game is literally the only game I play. I promise that if I get unbanned stuff like this will
never
happen again. You have no idea how much this game means to me. Please, I really wanna play this game some more. I left a couple games night 1 but I don't think I should be punished this severely.

And I will never do something like this ever ever ever again. This game means so much to me

So I'm asking you to, please...unban me.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Please unban me.

Postby TrialBot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:05 pm

Intentional leaving is against the games rules.
Only invalid reports can get appealed, do you believe that any of your reports can be considered invalid?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NyanCats4Days » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Yes, actually. The spamming one. The one below the "Gamethrowing" one.

I did say the same message, but only 4 times.

I was a meduim.

The dead WERE NOT talking. So, I thought I was alone. It may look like I was just spamming the message but it was within a span of 30 seconds or so.

To me, I was literally all alone. The dead were absolutely silent. And you can see that. And I didn't evade the spam filter. Because I never got the message "Please do not spam the chat."

I thought I was alone so I didn't think I was talking to anyone but myself.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Flavorable » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 pm

I see quite a few people in dead chat speaking, though.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NyanCats4Days » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:44 pm

I'm pretty sure that's the mafia chat. Cause when dead people talk it is gray
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby NyanCats4Days » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Okay I just checked and it IS the mafia chat
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Flavorable » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Edit: Was looking at the other spamming report.

As for the other one, N5 people were speaking in dead chat, day 6 you started spamming, at least one of them was still there.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NyanCats4Days » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:58 pm

Well, I wasn't doing the spam message that often. Like once every 9-10 seconds. So I wasn't just rapidly Control-C Control-V ing.

Also, if I had known that someone was there, I would not have said anything and actually ask for info.

but no one was talking
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby NyanCats4Days » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:43 pm

If I had known that someone was actually there I would not have spammed ever.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Jerme » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 am

Well that do you have to say about this: "NyanCat: Welll Ima just fill ur chat logs then"?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NyanCats4Days » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 am

I know I said that. But, before that I even asked him

"Are you even here" and there was no response.
So, I thought I was filling my own chat logs.

I know it looks bad, but if you consider unbanning me, it would mean the world to me. I never intended any harm.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby NyanCats4Days » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:34 pm

He just watched it, and didn't even ask me to stop.

And just silently reported me. How is that fair??
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Jerme » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Spamming is against the rules, are you aware of that?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NyanCats4Days » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Yes, I am completely aware that spamming is against the rules. I read the rules and it said that spamming is saying the same message 4+ times. I said the same message 4 times. Which still is barely classifies spam. But, I didn't say it 4 times in a row. (Because I said messages in between like "Are you even here"?"). And I didn't rapidly repeat the message. There was like a 10 second delay between each message. Because if I'm right night time is around 40 seconds long.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby NyanCats4Days » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:46 pm

So I don't think it should be considered spam.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:46 pm

And yet do your messages fill upthree to four lines of text each time you've sent it. Don't you think repetetively using this long messages should not be spam?
Be aware that spam also means saying nothing helpful and offtopic chatter (like quoting lyrics) for a longer duration?

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NyanCats4Days » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:53 pm

To be honest, I don't. Here's my reasons why. First, It says nothing about how "long" the message is in the 'no spamming' rule. While it does say things about saying non-helpful stuff, the dead chat wasn't being to helpful either. (by being dead silent). Second, as I said before...though the message may have been said 4 times. It was said with at least a 10 second delay between each message. So the message wasn't being sent rapidly, but rather at a very slow rate. Third, you said spamming can also mean not being helpful for a longer duration? My messages I sent did not continue long. They lasted one night, and I was playing my role as a Meduim properly. I wasn't being a meduim that purposely didn't give information that could be used by the town. In fact I gave information instead. These are my reasons for why I think my messages shouldn't be considered spam.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Flavorable » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:49 am

Quote from the rules. I will underline the applicable part:
NO SPAMMING
Avoid sending the same message multiple times, or many messages that are gibberish.

Reference: https://www.blankmediagames.com/rules/

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NyanCats4Days » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:07 am

Yes, I actually looked at those rules. But, I also looked at the rules that you can only see when you log into the game and click on "rules"

They state the exact same thing but they are more specific. They say don't send the same message 4+ times. I sent my message exactly 4 times. But with a 10 second delay between each question. If you could see time frames in the trial you would see that I wasn't rapidly sending those messages. I also said messages in between as well. 2 messages. That means that 50% of my messages are actually just different messages. (I did the math and it is correct) So half of what I was saying was different and not the same message. And the ones that were the same message were said extremely slowly. And wasn't making it hard to read that chat or anything like that.
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Flavorable » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:09 am

A few points as to the validity:

- The speed of the messages is irrelevant.
- You sent the same message 5 times in a row, not 4.
- 2 messages in between the 4th and the 5th spam message does not negate the spam
- You showed clear intention to spam judging both by the content of the messages and the fact that you said "just gonna fill ur chat logs then"

These are all signs which make the report valid.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:12 pm

Report is valid and valid bans cannot be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals