Ban Appeal: Joukage

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal: Joukage

Postby Joukage » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:57 pm

I got banned for having a “inappropriate name” I already stated it was a lyric to a song in my will. It wasn’t addressed to anyone in particular in the lobby nor was it hateful in any shape or form. I am a colored male so the fact that it’s labeled as inappropriate or hateful by people who clearly aren’t of colored is sad and just shows people will report anything just to look like they support colored people and aren’t racist. I played the game all the way through and didn’t throw in any shape or form. If it was so bad I could have gotten a suspension which also wouldn’t make sense since it’s not like I said the hard R but okay. I feel like the ban was unjust and should be reversed and if not then refund me my money I spent for the game.

Thank You
Joukage

Re: Ban Appeal: Joukage

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:29 am

Awaiting TrialBot.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:30 am

Greetings,

please note that bypassing the hardfilter to be able to use a certain slur is against the game's rules regardless of your ethnic heritage, context or source.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Joukage » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:53 am

Any and everything is considered a slur or offense nowadays which is sad. I made my disclaimer yet somehow it offends people it’s not addressed to. At this point why go on the internet if you look for reasons to get triggered or offended by even if does not pertain to you or your beliefs. But in any case I should have gotten at least a suspension and not a full perma-ban is all I’m saying. I had literally one report and the person wasn’t even effected or offended in any shape or form just reporting just to report. I’m just saying one report and I get a automatic ban instead of a automatic suspension is just over dramatic. And I’m asking to moderators to reconsider the ban or at least switch it to a suspension. If not, I’ll simply take my business elsewhere cause I won’t be apart of a trigger sensitive community.
Joukage

Postby TrialBot » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:55 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Joukage » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:21 am

Even in the screenshot that was provided in the report shows only one of my many disclaimers that I have provided for my name. I made several disclaimers. You pull up my will from that game you find another disclaimer made in reference to my name. The song reference was from “Ain’t Shit” by Doja Cat. Everyone else on the game was fine with me in the lobby and didn’t have anything to say to me nor did they vote me out or game-throw because of my name. Everything was chill. There is no evidence that I was being inappropriate in the lobby during the duration of the game or doing anything in hat would cost my team the game. There is only one report made against me that was guilty and the person didn’t even seem affected or offended by name they just wanted to be a internet tattletale. If you want to find me guilty by one submitted report so be it but it should have been a suspension not a full fledged perma-ban. Like I said in my previous comment it’s over dramatic. And if we are going to be technical, it’s not a slur at all. If I had used the hard “R” okay granted that’s a slur towards my race. The word is commonly found in “black” music my peoples music for DECADES it not once was it ever consider a “slur” Culture appropriation for this community is needed BADLY in this community and the people who read my post need to take part and study in culture appropriation before just throwing out that a certain word or phrase is a “slur” or “racist”.

If not, then I guess myself, a good deal of the African American community in general are and will forever be “Racist” *Shaking my head*
Joukage

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:27 am

We have a hard filter for a reason. If you bypass it, you get banned. Regardless of your skin color, sexual orientation, or any other reason under the sun.

Furthermore, you cannot see how many people reported you in a given game, but for a report to be generated, it is always a minimum of 2 people that have reported you. And blaming people for rightfully reporting you for evading the hard filter is completely silly.

The hard filter specifically informs you, when typing the word in a normal fashion, that said word is not allowed in our community and that continuing to type it will result in punishment. That's not an invitation to work around the filter to say it anyway, it's a warning not to use that word. Making disclaimers to try and justify it does not mean the rules suddenly don't apply.

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals