Appealing: Jared

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: Jared

Postby Jared » Mon May 30, 2022 9:22 pm

Hello, I was banned for 3 days for allegedly gamethrowing. I sent a PM to the TrailBot per this thread to find out what game is the one that is the reason why I was banned for 3 days. :geek:
(edited initial post since I thought it was talking about another game until I saw the response I got from TrialBot)

Edit:
I found which game it was. It was the game I was in that had a mafia guy tell everyone I was mafia, then I revealed that he was also mafia because of his betrayal. How was I deemed guilty for "outted other teammates for no reason" when I only "outted" the guy who "outted" me?

Edit #2:
I see what happened now. There's two users in there named "holebutt", one of them mafia and one of them a townie. I mistook one of them for mafia. I wouldn't intentionally and arbitrarily for "no reason" throw someone under the bus. Unfortunate misunderstanding.
Last edited by Jared on Mon May 30, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shadow of the Warrior
Jared
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Appealing: Jared

Postby TrialBot » Mon May 30, 2022 9:25 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jared » Mon May 30, 2022 9:50 pm

TrialBot wrote:Here are your reports:

Not sure if prior offenses are taken into account, but since this was archived, here's the summary of that report: the spamming is from when I was "Hodor" and I kept saying "hodor" (though I did break character to make important statements/observations, but it was still spamming -- I'm not trying to appeal my archived report).
Last edited by Jared on Tue May 31, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow of the Warrior
Jared
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Jerme » Tue May 31, 2022 2:27 pm

Greetings,

archived reports may not be appealed. The given report was givena guilty verdict due to you having revealed your fellow Mafia...
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jared » Tue May 31, 2022 3:28 pm

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

archived reports may not be appealed. The given report was givena guilty verdict due to you having revealed your fellow Mafia...

Wasn't trying to appeal the archived report.

Regarding the "gamethrowing" one, to be fair, it looked like he did it first because another user had the same name as him in-game. Also three days seems a bit harsh for a first time offense in eight years. I just ask for a shortening of the sentencing given that a user had the same name in-game, and if I intended to gamethrow, I would have revealed all of the mafia and not just the one that I believed to have thrown me under the bus (I even said in-game I wouldn't reveal any others).
Shadow of the Warrior
Jared
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:08 am

Even if the person who outted you was your fellow mafia, the report still would be guilty, because then they'd have been bussing you, whereas you would be spiterevealing. Also keep in mind that there is an option in the game to turn on player numbers, to stop this confusion from happening.

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals