'RoryBurns3000' Ban Appeal

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

'RoryBurns3000' Ban Appeal

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:56 pm

I would like to ask why my account was banned for 'hate speech/harassment', considering what was deemed 'guilty' is no different to other reports which have been deemed innocent or closed without judgement. As a result, I think I was unfairly banned.
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Re: 'RoryBurns3000' Ban Appeal

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:30 pm

Greetings,

please note that there may be difference between the report, for example the report reason.
WHen a report is givne a guitly verdict or stayed open for a month, its getting clsoed without judgement. This does not mean the given report is in fact invalid.
I'd like to add that only invalid, non archived reports may be appealed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:36 pm

The report reason was the same for my previous reports. Could you please look at the most recent one, as in my opinion it is not different to any of the others, and as such the ban is unfair.
--
Especially considering someone in the lobby was racist, and presumably wasn't banned. It doesn't seem to make any sense to me.
Last edited by Jerme on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post, please use the edit button if you'd like to add something.
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:40 pm

2 of the reports are archived, you did evade the filter to use a certain word in your chosen name in the 2nd report on the list and did incite flase reports on ZDonn2 (as in want them to be reported for doing something they haven't in the current game), so these two are also valid.
I do have seen that you got another reprot in which you incited false reports on a certain user, which got (incorrectly) found innocent by the jurors, despite you did blatantly incite false reports on the user called "Key".

Edit: Please note that someone beign raicst doesn't excuse a rulebreak on your own (for example trying to get the wrong person reported)
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:57 pm

Yeah I have no problem with the IGN report, hence why I stopped doing it. However, the most recent one is, as you say, no different to one that is deemed innocent. This inconsistency is clearly misleading as it led me to believe that it was acceptable. In addition to that, I can guarantee you that both Key, ZDonn2 and hoiyaa had been racist, and so it is a sad indictment on the game that someone gets banned for reporting them, and the racists get away scott free. If calling out racists is agains the rules, this is something I did not know (because previous reports of the same nature were deemed innocent) and so I request you revoke the ban and I will stop.
--
Also, to add this another user, HarryMaguire, was also accusing them of racism (because they were) and they didnt get a suspension or ban.
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:07 pm

You may call them out in the act, but not during a game in which they did not do what you accused them of. Each game is a new blank sheet of paper and thus unrelated to previous incidents. Also please note that rulebreakers are not gettign away, just becuase someone else got punished.
I see your confusion about the innocent report ( https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3676976 ), but the voting was an error and the Jurors I asked about the verdict did admit it was a missclick.
Inciting false reports is considered harassment as it firstly stains the record of the reported player and secondly causes unneecessary clogging of the Trial System.

As I did stay before: Only invalid, non archived reports may be appealed and neither of your reports would fit into that, I apologize.

Keep in mind that firstly: This is your appeal and not a thread to report other players or lamentate about their doings/state.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:14 pm

It is not just one previous report of this manner which has been deemed innocent, so unless they were all misclicks (which seems very unlikely) then it doesnt make any sense. As mentioned above, someone else did exactly the same thing and wasnt banned or suspended. I now understand what you are saying about each game being a clean slate and I promise it wont happen again (if I does I will accept the ban). However, as things stand I really don't believe this is fair. As a very long time player/customer, I ask you to reconsider the judgement and accept my apology.
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:20 pm

In this report https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3605180 did you not incite reports on anyone, thus it was given an innocent verdict. There are no other hatespeech/harassment reports on your account with an innocent verdict.
Please stop pointing fingers, they might not be suspended, yet, but it doesn't mean they won't.

I apologize, by the rules that I enforce and have to abide to am I not permitted to fulfill your request.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:24 pm

The first messages in that lobby are accusing someone of being racist, which is exactly the same as I did in the most recent one so I dont see your point here?
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:25 pm

You did acciuse them of this, but do not ask anyone to report them in any way. Its questionable behaviour/banter, but nothing more.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:25 pm

Here is another example of the report being 'closed without judgement' which is exactly the same as the one deemed guilty. https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=3610607
--
And another.... https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/v ... id=3610588
Last edited by Jerme on Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post, please use the edit button if you'd like to add something.
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 pm

Closed without judgement is NOT innocent.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 pm

Also are you suggesting that racism is "questionable behaviour/banter"? That would explain why I was banned.
--
What is closed without judgement then? Is that the verdict all the racists get, hence why they are never banned?
Last edited by Jerme on Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multipost, please use the edit button if you need something to add when you have the latest reply, especially when that reply was not even 5 minutes ago.
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:34 pm

You are twisting my words. I "suggested" that your attempted callout would've been banter (and questionable behaviour in my opinion, but this kind of thing does not warrant a suspension unless done repetetively), so I decided to give you the benefit of a doubt there. If you are now trying to tell me that you mean it with accusing random people of crimes that they have not done in the given moment on purpose to actually get them in trouble, then its a different thing.

Also, pelase avoid double posting and edit your latest reply instead when yours is the last one in the thread, otherwise its considered spam (I refer to forum rule 7).

Closed without judgement means that either (a)The account got suspended whilst this report was open, to prohibit another suspension for the offender before they had a chance to improve or (b) the report was open for a month and could not be gotten to, possibly because there were too many fake reports clogging the system.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:46 pm

I categorically refuse the claim that I have falsely accused people. If you look closely at the reports then you will see I am not the only one accusing them, I wonder why that could be.... I honestly don't understand what you are suggesting. Are you seriously saying that asking people to report someone who has been racist is a bannable offence? Surely you should be encouraging that sort of behaviour as it helps to identify and deal with racists (or other offenders) quicker? I honestly dont see how you can tell me that what I have done is bannable. It really doesnt make any sense to me. I think you should give me one more chance and if I am found guilty again I will take the ban without complaint. I can guarantee you that I will not call for people to be reported again now that I know it is a bannable offence.

On a separate note though, every couple of games you see people telling others to report people for gamethrowing etc, is that allowed?
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:29 pm

Its is allowed to ask to report someone when they did perform the given offense in the current game. If it happened in a different game, then that should've remained in that one, instead of swapping over to the following one, otherwise its a reportable offense.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:26 pm

So essentially what you are saying is that I was banned for asking people to report people who WERE racist? Do you honestly think that is fair? Deep down, do you really think that makes sense?
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:07 pm

They weren't racist in the game you wanted them to be reported and that's waht counts.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RoryBurns3000 » Mon May 02, 2022 1:34 am

Do you think that is fair? Yes or no response please.
RoryBurns3000
Jester
Jester

Postby Jerme » Tue May 17, 2022 10:54 pm

Each game is a new book, so its rarely fair to want someone be reported for something there is no context for others, leading towards baseless accusations. This would be fair, imo. IF they broke the rules in one game report them there and be done with it.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 29, 2022 3:55 am

Moderator Message: Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals