Appealing: m33mo123 suspension 3652706

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: m33mo123 suspension 3652706

Postby m33mo123 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:57 am

Hi,
I was recently suspended for supposed spam. I looked at the report, and I don't believe this qualifies for spam whatsoever, and I plead for you to check it again.
On day 5, I had whispered people, alive, to ask for their roles. This was a ruse so I could whisper who I thought was witch, which I do later on, but I also wanted to blend in more to the role I had told town that I was. You can actually SEE the person who reported me I think, catch on to this, and say "look how 10 is whispering to hide he's witch/maf". I was trying to seem like a townie holding down the town and trying to get roles in a relatively close game. GF doesn't usually ask for your role.
I know it seems like spam, but this wasn't just mindless chatter, I was genuinely asking people for roles, not putting my favourite song lyrics into chat. I also asked each person once, I didn't spam a single person more than once.
I lastly never spammed open chat, i whispered each person individually only once. This doesn't qualify for SPAM, please look into it again. This isn't just a 7 day ban, it also puts me at one more chance before a perma ban when I've played this game since 2016? I lastly want to point out I whispered ONLY 5 people, not the WHOLE lobby.
Thanks a lot.
m33mo123

Re: Appealing: m33mo123 suspension 3652706

Postby Flavorable » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:27 pm

Awaiting TrialBot.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hiway202 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:25 am

Poke for Trialbot.
Hello, my name's Elencia! I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to send me a PM if you need anything! However, I don't have the power to grant your appeal, so please don't PM me about that.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Postby TrialBot » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:30 am

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby m33mo123 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Hiway202 wrote:Poke for Trialbot.

My bad, I'm really new to the forums sorry.
It commented below, can you see?
If you check what the report wants it says "DAY 5 WHISPER SPAMMING". As my maths teacher says, forgive me for insulting your intelligence, but that's what I was reported for. I literally whispered 5 people asking roles, that's it.
I beg you reconsider. I did not intentionally "spam" at all, I didn't think 5 whispers qualified for it either, and I never whispered them my favourite hobby or what I like to eat, I asked for a role, which I thought was valid to ask for.
Thank you kindly.
m33mo123

Postby Jerme » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:04 am

Greetings,

please note that sending multiple whispers with the same (or similar) content is considered spamming regardless if the whisper is sent to one or more players.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby m33mo123 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:15 am

Hello,

"Avoid sending the same message multiple times, or many messages that are gibberish." are the exact words on the rules page.

This is quite vague, in this case I sent a message asking for roles to 5 people. This isn't spamming mindless words, I was asking for roles. Asking for roles isn't spam, it's part of the game. Was I supposed to switch it up??? Roles is a part of the game, and I could have asked publicly but that makes no difference and is slower. Asking for roles is not spam, it's a very viable thing that people do all the time, and I shouldn't be suspended for 7 days, and be on a last warning because of asking for roles..
m33mo123

Postby Jerme » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:32 am

Spamming does not have to be gibberish. Its usually repeating something multiple times. In connection to you it was sending five whispers with the same content in a short time, thus it would fall under the definition of spamming.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby m33mo123 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:55 am

The rules are not clear on this at all.
Avoid sending the same message multiple times, with no clarification if this is meant to one person, and repeatedly spamming. I sent 5 to five, so I'm technically sending one message to 5 different people. That's not spamming though. If you sent me a message once, you haven't spammed me. If you send me that same one 5 times, you have. I sent only one to 5 people.
All the rules say is "avoid sending the same message multiple times", and is not clear at all, I did not send the same message multiple times to a single person. Back to my email example, it is not spamming as no one was directly spammed, I sent a single whisper to each person, so they can't say they were spammed. It makes no sense. I wouldn't find this that much but it's my last suspension. It's not spamming, the rules aren't clear on this, and this is a special case. No one was spammed at all.
m33mo123

Postby Jerme » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:20 am

Each whisper of yours triggers a "[x] is whispering to [y]"-message, so whispers will flood everyone's chat.
That aside is the message'S content important not their "target", when its about whispers and spamming.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TurdPile » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:10 pm

Report is valid and valid suspensions may not be appealed.

Appeal Denied.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Appeals