Appealing: MishuPatent

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing: MishuPatent

Postby MishuPatent » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:16 pm

I was banned because someone reported me for foreign language.

For the begining I must say the following things:

1. Forcing a person to talk in a specific language is racism in my opinion. People should talk in which language they can/prefer even if that's agains the rules of a game or something else. (This is subjective, of course you can belive what you want)
2. In this game I've seen a lot of players talking about disgusting and grose things and no one cares about them and what are they doing.

Now, if you look in the report I was found guilty and also banned for you'll see that I was talkin in a foreign language (Romanian) when I WAS DEAD . So, even if I wannted to I couldn't ruin the game experience of players who didn't die because I was in the graveyard. Also, me and the other guys were talking about insults in Romanian language, nothing important for the game.

I think the perma ban I've got is unfair because I wasn't cheating for real. If the reason for ban would've been "insults/hate speech or something else" I would've agreed with you guys but banning for some words in an other language which doesn't even ruin the game experience for other players it's not fair.

Also I really have to say this guys Google Translate is free and very easy to find, so excuse me but if you learn a word/more words in an other language even if it is an insult (it will let you know if someone has something personal with you) that does not hurt your brain in my opinion.

Now the decision is yours.
MishuPatent
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appealing: MishuPatent

Postby TrialBot » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:20 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Flavorable » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Whether you agree or not is besides the point. The rules are crystal clear. And seeing as you got suspended for it 2 times before, you should have known by now that it is, in fact, against the rules.

And no, having a rule in an English game that revolves around chatting, in the English locale, with English-speaking people, for you to speak English is not "racism". It's nowhere even close to racism.

The fact that it is a permanent ban, is because you worked your way up to your fourth guilty report, which is always a permanent ban.
Keep in mind that only invalid reports can be appealed, and your reports are not invalid.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MishuPatent » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:15 am

I think you should review what racism means.

"Language discrimination occurs when a person is treated differently because of her native language or other characteristics of her language skills. For example, an employee may be experiencing language discrimination if the workplace has a “speak-English-only” policy but her primary language is one other than English."

So don't tell me that rule is nowhere close to racism.

Anyway, what I've been trying to do here is to show you my opinion about the perma ban.
MishuPatent
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:59 pm

I am not sure where you pulled that example from, but sure, believe what you like, just note that this is unlikely to resemble the truth.

Anyway, what Flavor showed your is how you broke the game's rules. Language discrimination may be a thing, but certain settings require the usage of a language everyone would understand in order to function properly, which would be firstly a chat based game and secondly a company, as both require communication with each other.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Ah, the good ol' fashion "racism" card for breaking the rules. Like we haven't heard that one before.

Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals