Appeal:Wtwillie21

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appeal:Wtwillie21

Postby wtwillie21 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:42 am

I am appealing my Hate Speech/Harrasment Suspension. The first was understandable and Justly Served. The second, however, was without due consideration on the trialbot’s part. I never said “black”, I said “boack”. If we are issuing bans one can assume they should be with clear and dishonest intent. On my part, it can be honestly argued that I was referencing the Boack family that lived in eastern Scotland under the oppressive English rule during the 9th century. A time when indentured servants were slaves until they bought their freedom. A clear distinction between “boack” and “black” should cast room for doubt about my judgement.

Now lets say I did intend to use the word “Black” and reference them to slavery. How is that hate speech? I did not utter a single derogatory term. I did not denounce their faith, intellectual ability, or skin color. I merely stated a recollective fact. “I remember when [blacks] were slaves”. White people were slaves, brown people were slaves, slaves are slaves. This is a true statement. An utterance of honesty so that we, as a country, never forget our lineage of subjugation, less we begin to regress to explicit forms. If I can assume this Trial System is a direct representation of our legal system then one must uphold the understanding that I should be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I do hope that you have taken the time to consider my argument and deem my report innocent.
wtwillie21

Re: Appeal:Wtwillie21

Postby Jerme » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:33 pm

Greetings,

please note that the Trial System enforces the game's rules, not any state law. Let's ahve a look at the report and see what gave you your current suspension and the context for that as well.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:35 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby wtwillie21 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 am

Myself, and other town members, were simply having a bout of wistfulness.

proon: i remember way before coven
proon: i remember pre-tauntas
Piper: I remember this game frustrating me to my core
humid: i remember coven free weekends
Sssnsp: i remember when boacks were slaves

An outlier my response? Yes. But is this Hate speech/Harrassment?

What happened way before coven?
What happened in the pre-tauntas era?
What happened during coven free weekends?
What happened when boacks were slaves?

Both good or bad can be insinuated as no emotion has been interred in these statements. If anything Piper utters more negativity than me by directly referencing distate. Perhaps my response merely startled the others as I did not know there was a common theme to what we were expected to recollect? Yet, even this as a singular utterance can not be perceived as harassment. And hate speech is with question less we begin to assign feeling to fact.

I do hope I have added some clarity to the situation.
wtwillie21

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:33 pm

The point is, you went out of your way to say "I remember when blacks were slaves" (yes you meant Blacks), and not only that, you said this during a reminiscence of history (albeit the game). It's pretty clear what your intentions here were.

Your appeal has been denied. Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals