Name ban

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Name ban

Postby goldensugardaddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:35 pm

Hello, got banned for inapropriate ingame name, i wasnt paying attention to the text saying that i could get a ban for inapropriate names, my friend just told me about that, anyways im truely sorry for that. What can i do to make up for it? or to get my account unbanned, i promise to behave and not use any bad language and inapropriate names anymore! thanks
goldensugardaddy

Re: Name ban

Postby Jerme » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:13 am

Greetings,

please note that only invalid reports may be appealed and that racism does warrant a permanent ban and skip any suspensions that could serve as a warning.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:15 am

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby goldensugardaddy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:53 am

ye thats it? and as i told, i promice to better, now i know that it is what it is, but if i could get unbanned now i promice to behave. and just a question, why is it even possible to have a ign? why isnt those names banned instead of the players getting banned, pretty weird in my oppinion... cant be that hard to errase those words and names from the game?
goldensugardaddy

Postby Jerme » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:37 am

We do have a naming filer, but those filters are flawed and either cannot catch everything (cause players get creative and may cover multiple languages), or cause too many false positives and thus become a nuisance. We have then two filters, a basic filter that blocks the one or other name, and then us staff to check further for that that have gone through.
Based on our rules of appealing is the usage of a racial slur as a name not allowed and thus is the report valid. Valid reprots may not be appealed.

Thus I have to deny your appeal.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Appeals