I have been banned. Bruh Moment.

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

I have been banned. Bruh Moment.

Postby tylerf64 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:35 pm

I probably deserved it, since I do tend to push the envelope. But I did have 950 hours on this game and have made so many new friends. Would love to know why and/or reverse, especially since it was only my second time being banned.
tylerf64

Re: I have been banned. Bruh Moment.

Postby TrialBot » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:40 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby tylerf64 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:59 pm

I would really like to appeal this ban for a couple of reasons, but before, I would like to preface this:

I 100% was wrong in trying this lazy stunt at a joke that everyone, rightfully so, believes is just an anonymous racist using their anonymity to their benefit. I did not intend to offend people; in all actuality, there were 5 seconds left in the timer for name selection and I just typed it to see if it would work. And, my stupid brain not realizing 14 other players would instantly report me fairly, did it. I am deeply sorry.

That being said, I would like to appeal for the following reasons.

1. I do not act racist nor harass others on the basis of race or any protected class.

In this instance, I simply typed an offensive name to see if it would allow me too. I did not later act in chat as if this is my "ideology" or beliefs (a lot was backpedaling and talking "big" as if I weren't getting banned.) I have never once joked about or harassed an individual on the basis of their race. Both of my bans listed about are for name variations of racist slurs, both 4 months apart. And again, I see clearly that my actions have consequences and there is no guarantee that my appeal will be granted.

2. I want to make people laugh, not feel targeted or hurt.

In between my two bans, I have made dozens of friends in this game, throughout 957 hours on steam. Most of my jokes are like "serial killer theme" and I'm Ted Bundy, someone is Ivan the Terrible etc. Or we are all care bears. Or we are all ruthless dictators, things like that. Jokes that push the envelope without unleashing hate. In these two instances, there was barely a joke, and that is my own fault. I deserved both of these bans entirely. I feel contrite on the matter and I really would understand if this is permanent. But I hope to be given a second chance. That is all I can ask for.

3. I am capable of learning the lines of what is okay and is not okay.

As evidence of this, I cite only two bans, essentially identical, with 4 months and hundreds of hours of playtime in between. I had already read the rules about pedophilia and have never once joked about that, nor transphobia either. And, stupidly, I tried to circumvent racism rules, even though they are clearly listed here. From now on, if I am granted the courtesy of an appeal, I will never joke about any of these things in any way. It will only be innocent jokes, jokes about current and/or historical affairs, and other non-specific jokes that no one should reasonably see as pertaining to a characteristic about them. I promise this, under zero-tolerance permanent ban. I, once-again, am sorry about this.

4. I should have read the forums more closely, as I thought it was 4 strikes your out only and not expedited by an egregious ban.

This is totally my fault. I felt comfortable pushing the envelope too far and I did not realize that blatant offensive things can get you banned instantly. I would have been more cautious if I read this but, alas, I convenitently missed it. Lucky me for being lazy.

Once again, I want to deeply apologize to anyone I have offended, anyone in this forum who has to waste time reading my apology, and anyone else who I have negatively affected in game in any way. I believe I bring more good than harm when I play and I have a long friends list both IRL and online to show for it. I hope, for a last chance, that I may be granted an opportunity to play, cleanly and cautiously, reasonably and respectfully, this great game. I do have 957 hours for a reason, y'know.

Sincerely,

Tyler
tylerf64

Postby tylerf64 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:57 pm

And, to be fair, "higger" is not a word. But I digress, see above.
tylerf64

Return to Appeals