Appealing rDelta (Reason: Hate Speech/Harassment)

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing rDelta (Reason: Hate Speech/Harassment)

Postby rDelta » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:13 am

Now, I can understand why you might think that what I did was wrong. To an extent, I kind of agree and I do regret doing what I did. But at the time, I thought I was just trolling. I was making fun of British people during a game and I thought everyone else would laugh it off with me. And according to the report, they did. Nobody in the game expressed any offense at what I did. The strange thing is, before I was reported for gamethrowing because I didn't vote at the end, and it is weird because a few days ago, the report magically changed to be a hate speech report. I'm not sure how this happened but I'm bringing this up in case this is unintentional. Anyway, what I want to appeal is the indefinite ban given to my account. I didn't actually use any slurs or reference pedophilia during the game, and everything I did was all in jest. So I am really surprised when I found out about my indefinite ban. Again, I am not trying to say what I did was 100% right, I am trying to say that what I did does not deserve an indefinite ban. This ban was my first ever offense in the whole game and I was told that you get 3 suspensions before your ban except if you use slurs or talk about pedophilia. Again, I did neither of those things, so shouldn't I be suspended for 1 day instead of banned indefinitely?
rDelta
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Appealing rDelta (Reason: Hate Speech/Harassment)

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:00 pm

Greetings,

please keep in mind that only invalid reports may be appealed and that certain offenses may result in a permanent ban right away.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TrialBot » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:10 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:14 pm

lynching people for their nationality is indeed considered harassment and also racist.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rDelta » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:24 am

Jerme wrote:lynching people for their nationality is indeed considered harassment and also racist.

But should this mean a permanent ban on my first offense? No one in the game had any objection to what I was saying. It wasn't even the reason I was reported for, which you haven't explained. Why did my report suddenly change from gamethrowing to hate speech? This report does not even represent what the players in the game reported me for. I'm sure there is some data of the report saved somewhere before it got changed. It should say that I didn't vote or something like that and the reason should've been for gamethrowing. I think it's unfair that I'm not only being banned, but being banned indefinitely, for something that no one in the game had a problem with.
rDelta
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:34 am

Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed. Your appeal is denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals