Appealing Leaving Ban

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Appealing Leaving Ban

Postby JRD » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:20 pm

Hello, got reported for leaving in a game where GF left and mafioso was permanently jailed. This feels like a vindictive town report, considering they had the entire game locked day 2.

I was under the impression it was fair game for players to leave when the loss was obvious: I've seen multiple leavers never get banned for doing this.

This was a no-win game for maf. Is there any leniency towards this, especially considering how inconsistent leaving bans are?

To clarify:

-GF threw the game and left day 1
-Mafioso was jailed, and jailor planned on permanently jailing mafioso until RM was found
-Our other random maf was found sus day 2

This leaves very little for me, the solo maf, to make a move. Town had this game won, and I was reported rather vindictively for leaving, when town had the game won.
Last edited by JRD on Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JRD
Witch
Witch

Re: Appealing Leaving Ban

Postby TrialBot » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:25 pm

Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:29 pm

Greetings,

its generally against the game's rules to leave the game intententionally whilst alive, I apologize.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JRD » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:26 am

Jerme wrote:Greetings,

its generally against the game's rules to leave the game intententionally whilst alive, I apologize.

Would there be an ability to appeal this considering the state of that game, wherein evils knew they had lost? I can't see any town willingly reporting mafia leaving under these circumstances considering all evils were compromised. As a result, it feels like a vindictive report wherein someone is filing a report for the sake of it, as opposed to understanding the context of why the leaving happened.

GF leaving day 1 put the rest of the mafia in an impossible position. If for example, my random mafia was not found sus, the 2 of us could have tried... but again, all mafia but myself were outed day 2 and I admit I willingly conceded the game because the town has guaranteed victory.

I did not jeopardize or impede on my teammates ability to play, as they were all confirmed evil.

While I understand that it's generally against the rules to leave the game, I have understood this to mean leaving when games could be won-- for example, a role leaving when their vote is critical to winning the game. However in many circumstances, I've had players leave with the rest of the server understanding of the situation (e.g. knowing the game was lost for a certain team and therefore speeding up the loss). Most players don't report said players, because of how the game logically concludes when roles are confirmed.

Another example: A vig shoots a town and results in a 3v2 where mafia has majority ... unless the other town is a vet, or the shot player was disguised/forged there is really no reason or harm in the vigilante leaving the game. While the report can still be filed as a technicality, it seems void of meaningful context

Thanks
JRD
Witch
Witch

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:11 am

Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed. Your appeal is denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals