Ban Appeal for spamming

Were you banned? Have it appealed here.

Ban Appeal for spamming

Postby Blueshop » Sat May 29, 2021 2:48 pm

I've been banned, permanently I think for spamming during lobby time. I don't spam ever during a game.

I looked at the reports on me for the spamming and the most recent one said I'm a spamming bot. I'm definitely not a bot I just play around a little in the lobby occasionally. The report before that was on Jan 29 which was 4 months ago? I would like an appeal, I really do enjoy this game and have spent money on it. I didn't think playing in the lobby would get me banned.
Blueshop
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Ban Appeal for spamming

Postby TrialBot » Sat May 29, 2021 2:50 pm

Here are your reports:
Want your guilty reports without submitting an appeal? Send me a PM!
Want all your reports filed against you? Put "All" in the body of the message.

TrialBot by iggyvolz.
TrialBot
BOT
BOT

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:21 am

Greetings,

please note that only invalid, non archived reports may be appealed. The given reports look hardly invalid to me.
Also, you had been suspended for spamming three times before and could have had enough time to learn that spamming is not allowed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Blueshop » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:27 am

I apologize for my past behavior Jerme. I have been suspended previously, but I didn't think I would get banned for lobby talk when it didnt interfere with the game. I wont spam in the lobby ever again, I would really like to continue playing this game.
Blueshop
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:25 am

As I said, the four spam reports are quite valid and valid reports may not be appealed, thus there is nothing I can do for the given account.
You may however continue to play the game with a new account.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Blueshop » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:30 am

Could you guys maybe change your rules because how does anything done in the lobby where your waiting effect the game? Ive never done hatespeech or gamethrowing or cheating. Spam for a few seconds in a lobby shouldnt be on the same level.
Blueshop
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:39 am

We handle spam the same, regaless if lobby, or during the game and I don't think we change the rules on that.
That aside, even if the spam rules would be changed, it does not render the reports on your account invalid, due to them having taking place at the time of the current spamrule, not on a possibly changed one.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Blueshop » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:06 am

In the information on appeals page its says

"However, an appeal can make your permanent ban a possible temporary ban.
For example, a user who spammed and racked up reports in every game he went into would be more likely to get unbanned via an appeal, rather than a user who has repeatedly spat out racial slurs everywhere they went and harassed and insulted people with those slurs"

It also says that

"In your post, explain why you are appealing your ban (i.e: You think it's unfair, you think you were suspended incorrectly, etc). Once you post, TrialBot will come and post your reports on your accounts for us to take a look at, and depending on your offense(s), you may or may not be granted an appeal if they're valid"

Yes my reports are valid, but why are you basing my chance on that. No where does it say you cant get appealed if its valid. It depends on the offense. I didnt even lobby spam every single game I played. And when I did I never brought that into the actual game. I feel that this is unfair considering the fact it was only during lobby time and I didnt do it every single game.
Blueshop
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:40 pm

Well, we have to wait for a final verdict anyway, I was just giving you a heads up, that there might not be high chances of the appeal being granted.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Blueshop » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Um, Hello?
Blueshop
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:36 pm

The appealing process may take a while, so I recommend you to remain patient, but I do think that your chance are pretty slim.
The threads are usually handled from the back, so the it goes from oldest reply to newest reply.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:29 am

Your reports are valid and valid suspensions or bans cannot be appealed. Your appeal is denied.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Appeals